We stayed here while in town for the Nascar race.I had made the reservations a year in advance on line because it is difficult to get a room when nascar is in town.I got a great rate and thought all was ok.Then In december the motel called and said they couldn't honor my reservation because they needed the rooms for nascar,needless to say I was not happy.Linda the manger told me if they had any rooms left over she would call. or they could put me in budget motel in Eden ,NC. I was not happy and let Choice hotels know it. I am a gold customer and felt the situation wasn't handled correctly..(I did not like the looks of the motel in Eden, on the internet) I was afraid we were going to have to cancel our trip(its impossible to find a room when Nascar is in town) and lose the money I had invested in tickets.Linda said she would call early March and let me know. I made a back up plan just in case.Early March Linda did call and said they still had a room for us. I was over joyed, the only problem was she didn't have a first floor like we wanted.( motel is 2 story and no elevator,my sister walks with a cane).She said she would do her best and see if she could move some
people around. She called us a few days before and said she had a 1st floor room but it had a hard wood floor and mirrored wall if that was ok. We said yes and left on our trip.
The motel looks like an old fashioned motel that we stayed in as kids on family vacation. which may scare people off but it is a great place to stay. The staff is incredible!!!Linda checked us in and she is amazing, she knew we were hesitant because of all the issues we had but she couldn't have been nicer.
Our room 118, was right by the lobby and breakfast room. It was nice and clean .The furniture was old but in good shape.We had some issues with the refrigerator, we finally realized it was plugged into the main overhead light so when the light was off so was the refrigerator.
Our smoke alarm went off as soon as we carried in our luggage, it beeped because the battery was dead, Linda took care of that right away. She also got us a hair dryer and alarm.
THe hotel was filled with all Nascar people so it was busy but the staff was still great.The free breakfast was ok. We only went once, the breakfast room was cold( weather outside was crazy snow/rain and wind) and there wasn't much to choose from but we dealt with it.
What started out as a shaky experience was a wonderful one.Linda and her staff should be proud of the job they do. When we checked out we asked if they would take our name for next years race spring and fall.We would love to stay there again.This is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- .A Martinsville, Virginia hotel - Econo LodgeNestled in the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, the Econo Lodge ® hotel provides business and leisure travelers with relaxing and inviting accommodations.Local points of interest close to this Martinsville, VA hotel include:•Martinsville Speedway, home of the NASCAR Cup race•Virginia Museum of Natural History•Blue Ridge Institute & MuseumScenic opportunities are aplenty in this region thanks the natural barrier the surrounding mountains and lakes provide. Outdoor enthusiasts will delight in the multitude of recreation areas afforded in the vicinity. Whether you want to golf, swim, hike or bike, this area of Virginia offers something for everyone.Many entertainment venues, retailers and shopping centers are close to the hotel.This Martinsville, VA hotel provides full-service amenities like:•Free continental breakfast•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free local calls•Free coffeeAfter a busy day of work or play, guests of this Virginia hotel can come back and relax by the seasonal outdoor pool or unwind in the exercise room.Corporate travelers can take advantage of the modern conveniences afforded in the on-site business center, including a computer with Internet access, and copy and fax service. Two banquet and meeting rooms are located on the premises and can accommodate up to 200 people for most functions.In addition to standard amenities, all of our well-appointed guest rooms are furnished with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Ask about our rooms that have sofa sleepers. Connecting rooms are available.This Virginia hotel is pet-friendly; fees apply. For added convenience, laundry facilities are provided for guest use and valet cleaning service is available. Ample parking is provided.When you want countless features and an outstanding staff, look no further than the Econo Lodge hotel. Make a reservation with us today and experience all we have to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Econolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Martinsville
- Martinsville Best Western