“Decent tasting Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I read alot and heard people say that the pizza was wonderful. My family and I decided to try it out and had an okay expierence. We all ordered individual pizzas. I have to say the pizza had a good taste, but it seemed more crust than toppings. The waitress seemed ok, but didn't seem to interested in us, we had to flag her done just to get some drink re-fills. Would I come back again? I'm not sure, but I should just to compare to the first time, but it will not be for a special trip.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We vacationed in Mathews, and I wish we had visited Southwind Pizza sooner. I would have loved to have gone back. We really enjoyed the selection of unique pizzas. It is kind of small and a bit loud, but we really loved the pizza. The only disappointment was the wine selection. There were several that could only be purchased by the bottle. Would definitely visit again!

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I ordered a pizza to go and the staff was extra rude. The bartender acted like it was a huge inconvenience. She only had two other customers at the bar and she didn't even ask if I wanted something to drink while I waited. When I requested a drink she was annoyed and gave me a half full Styrofoam cup and said, "that's two dollars." The pizza was decent, the experiance was lame.

1  Thank benamichelle1
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I were excited to find out about Southwinds and made a road trip to get him some gluten free pizza, only to find out that they were out of gluten free crusts. Big bummer. The tomato salad was quite good with the luscious tomatoes this time of year, but his gluten free wrap was not special and hey how bout some chips or something else on the plate with the wrap? My pizza was good but I felt quite guilty eating it in front of my disappointed husband. So, if you need gluten free, you may want call and make sure they have the crusts they advertise before making the trip.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The pizza and the beer were both imaginative and terrific!! The place is interesting to look around in. Southwinds really has it goin on!