“The mountains are callung”
Review of Massanutten Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McGaheysville
Massanutten Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McGaheysville
“The mountains are callung”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Always a joy to visit this place. Stayed in a new section for us (244p) and it was a great experiance. The only complant we had was the jet tub didn't have hot water. I let water run for over 2hrs at half flow and when it was finally done, water was luke warm at best.Didn't tell resort until check out because we didn't get a chance to use it until the end of our trip.Went to Dayton to shop. Very nice stores and friendly people. Will return. Good food too. All in all we had a nice quite little vacation. If you go, use the tube sooner than we did and enjoy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eagle1highlander

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Summit units are very nice. The whirlpool tub in the bathroom was huge (and fun). People who have a fear of heights might not like it though because the Summit units are a steep, tall climb in your car.This resort is a destination in itself for many people. I'm sure many never leave for the whole week because of all the activities, services, and amenities that they have built up for day and night. They give you a 37-page activity guide at check-in. If you purchase the $99 activity card per person, you are really locking yourselves into staying put for the week and using everything they offer on-site. Otherwise, if you choose to take day-trips around the area, like we did, you won't get your money's worth from purchasing the activity card. So you need to think and decide what type of vacation you want at the beginning.

Check-in was a horrible nightmare. The line of people snaking around was so long because all the computers were down. Others who were there before me waited even longer, but I waited in the line that did not move an inch for 45 minutes before it even started to move. After driving for hours to get there from home, the last thing a person wants is to stand in a line that doesn’t move at all for close to an hour before it even starts moving. All of the employees were just standing around socializing with each other.

It was also very annoying with the sales staff’s repeated high-pressure attempts when I checked in and with phone calls trying to get me to go to a sales presentation. We had to keep telling them we were not interested in attending. I wish they would take no for an answer the first time and leave us alone.

The unit was very nice, but one gross thing was when I was sitting in the Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The mouth of the waterfall faucet was so disgusting covered with discolored slimy gunk. It was really gross. Clearly, the maid pays no attention to the openings of any of the faucets in the unit and has never cleaned them. The problem with the waterfall faucet in the tub is that the opening is horizontal with the eye when you are sitting in the tub.

2 Thank naj12
Paris, France
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The accomodations at the Regal Vistas is top notch. Our house was pristine. It was decorated in exceptionally good taste. The appliances were top of the line. It was very comfortable.

Some improvements needed: WiFi/internet needs more power, and the large screen TV's reception was poor.

"Non-smoking is voluntary" - in other words they allow smoking, Eventually, that will hurt their ability to rent some units. If you exchange your timeshare to stay there, you could wind up with a place that smells of cigarette smoke.

Suggestion: Don't go to the time share sales meeting - it was a horrible experience.

5 Thank DonRueCler
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2013

As usually we really enjoyed out stay at Massanutten, this time with our daughter, husband and their four children. The mountainside villas are set in the woods and the deer are extremely tame and come very close to you. It is a beautiful setting with lots to do. If you want to endure the sales pitch you get $100.00 to spend on the resort and it is treated like money. You can spend a lot of money on the different activities or just enjoy nature and the activity center. Great family vacation resort. The only complaint that I would have is the internet is very iffy.

Room Tip: There are several steps at the Villas so if you have difficulty with steps ask for one of the handic...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jane S
South Euclid, Ohio
Reviewed 10 November 2013

stayed in the Vista villas it was great I was able to barbecue everyday we also went to the swimming area, golfing,and horseback riding,and they give you your own garage so it was a lot of privacy and is located in a gated area couldn't ask for a better trip

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Myron w
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We luckily had a nice family vacation. The one bedroom in eagle terrace we had was clean and everything was in working order. The furniture was dated but in good shape. This is not a marriott or a hilton vacation villa. This is more - for lack of a better word- woodsy.
We paid $99 for the 3 day 2 night timeshare deal we received. Upon getting here I heard the salespeople take you and your kids on a tour. We were
told its a 90 minute tour and you get a free $100 gift card however speaking to people here after reading reviews I've come to find out its more like 3 hours. Thanks but no thanks. I read my timeshare paperwork and it stated I would be charged and additional $150 if I did not attend.
I believe that you get what you pay for in life. And although I was initially interested in listening to a timeshare presentation I have decided that it's not worth showing up to a timeshare presentation and expecting it to last 90 minutes. Life is all about expectations. I worked in sales for years and would be highly upset if I was forced to stay beyond 90 mins. Taking this into consideration, this is a fun family resort and I don't mind paying the $150 extra for not attending the timeshare. The headaches would just not be worth ruining an otherwise great family outing. If you have patience and apparently three hours , take the tour. With little ones I just couldn't imagine taking three hours out of their day. Also the salespeople drive you around in their vehicles. I was not aware of that.
Anyways, back to the resort. There are a lot of activities and a couple free pools that we did enjoy. The water was warm! Even in November! Went to the watermark as well and ate at the lounge there. Great wings and burger. Steak n cheese and chicken tenders were just okay.

• Stayed November 2013
10 Thank Travelingfamilynova
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

we own at Massanutten in two different developments. We stayed. At one of our ownership developments, through RCI, but that is a long story. Any way we were in the Summit development of which there are several phases. we were at one of the newer phases, but that only means that as Summit developed, the location became worse. Our unit was very well maintained up to a point. Walls, floors, paint, light fixtures, TV's (all 3) flat screen with almost matching remotes were some of the best I've seen anywhere. THEN, not so great was the broken coffee pot, the broken night light, the miserable mattresses and box springs in the 2nd bedroom with poorly fitted sheets and mattress protectors, the non-operational jacuzzi and the filthy intake vent for the family room HVAC. Let me hasten to add that maintenance and house keeping where on the job and after a couple of tries the vent was checked and vacuumed. took four hours for maintenance to show up and clean a sensor so the jacuzzi would function. I think the owners and senior staff never check the units. If they and their families stayed in these units for a few days each quarter things would change. Otherwise scheduled maintenance is a joke and beyond the capabilities of Massanutten summit to plan, organize and carry out routine preventive maintenance. Finally, I have cursed the signage, road marking at Massanutten for 20years. Miserable death trap. CAUTION when night driving. During rain, snow, and icy conditions do not drive at night. You will be taking your life and the lives of your family down a path of extreme danger.

Room Tip: Beware of the check in scam to get you parking pass. You will be forced to listen to A sales pitch...
3 Thank Silvergoat
Also consider these accommodations in or near McGaheysville
Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg
#13 of 22 in Harrisonburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg

Been to Massanutten Resort? Share your experiences!