“Great Vacation But Do Some Planning for Activity Card”
Review of Massanutten Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McGaheysville
Massanutten Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McGaheysville
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Great Vacation But Do Some Planning for Activity Card”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Massanutten last month with my brother and his family. We had a great week together. From two golf courses, to two fishing areas, to the miniature golf course, to the wonderful waterpark, there is more to do at the resort than one week can handle. A must in the summer is to take the chairlift ride up the top of the mountain and then get off and make your way to the top (past the cell towers). The view are breathtaking but be careful with young kids. Only issue we had was figuring out the pricing. There is an activity card and you really need to sit down beforehand and figure out if your week will be active or docile. Active? Buy the car. Relaxing and Docile? Save the money and pay individually for the few activities. Enjoy!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank cwhite8181

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Turkish first
Manassas
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

It was my first time here and I found the resort very confusing. Upon entering the security gate you are on your own. A map of the park would have been a tremendous help at that point. We rented a home and found that the owners created a book with an activities section but it still did not orientate us to the resort. We found activities via internet. We were asked what room we were in and if we had an activities card when making reservations to tube the river. No clue. Maybe there is a hotel???? We found the indoor/outdoor waterpark which was nice. We bypassed the gate just to explore and found the ski slopes and putt putt but honestly the signage is horrible. If you have never visited or are not a frequent flyer then do your research first. I assumed "resort" would provide you with valuable and helpful information along the way at some point. The resort is beautiful. Many older homes throughout. Well maintained for the most part. It is heavily wooded and I am sure quite beautiful in the winter. Get groceries and other necessities before arriving...there is not much around for 5-10 miles in either direction and that is once you get off the resort. Might go back...might.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Mandy L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We visited Massanutten 4 Seasons Resort in July 2014, It was summer & an excellent time to visit the mountains. We had booked a 1 bedroom unit in Shenandoah Villas. The unit was an upstairs one & was excellent with a Gas Grill on the front balcony & a partial kitchen built in. The big surprise for us was to see a jacuzzi in the bathroom with 2 skylights, one in the living room & the other over the jacuzzi. The bathroom was big though it only had a stand shower which we found a little cramped. We had wild deers and ground hogs running freely which was a big hit with my 8 yr old son & my mother.
The facilities were excellent & the staff was friendly & courteous.The area is very scenic and has a lot of Civil War history. Since we're not civil war buffs, we found ample of scenic drives, pick your own farms and trails to keep us busy. The activities on the property are plenty but very few are free of cost.
Overall an excellent experience and we're taking with us tons of good memories.

Room Tip: I would recommend an upper level room in Shenandoah Villas as they are bigger units than the units b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pinu299
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I own 2 units at Massanutten and have stayed in various units within recent years. The staff is typically nice and the units are typically nice BUT the comment cards are NOT headed. I have completed several comment cards with my address/phone and never received a reply.

Regal Vistas -- I used lots of trading power through RCI to stay at the nicest units that they have. I was discouraged as landscaping crews were outside my window 4 different mornings cleaning. They stated that they needed to get the unit ready for Christmas which was the following week. I was discouraged and asked that they NOT be outside my bedroom window in the morning, they were unable to ablige this. The overall unit was extremely nice BUT the company at the window was not welcomed and I will NOT waste the money to use Regal Vistas when they have someone outside my window most mornings. Yes, we can close the curtain BUT the idea of someone outside my bedroom window in the morning when I wake up is NOT pleasant. DONT WASTE THE TRADING POWER.

Woodstone -- Clean unit with small exceptions. The door knobs were not properly installed and NONE of the interior doors were able to latch (even when locked someone could walk right in the bathroom). This was beneficial in that we would not get locked out of the bedroom or bathroom. There were toe nails on the floor when we walked in. Once we vacuumed that up the unit was clean and great for my family on Christmas. This was reported BUT not fixed during our stay. Was reported on comment card, no reply. I even own two of these units and this is what my fees go to!!

Eagle Trace -- Awesome unit, dated but well maintained. one small issue that was resolved by maint during the stay and we loved the week in this unit. Close to most activities and low trading power.

Sales pitch -- They are great at bending the truth to sell. I was told that RCI was switching to points and that my exchange fees would be lower. I purchased a lot of points and the exchange cost is the same as weeks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven B
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This resort is very nice. The rooms are very clean. It is located in the mountains so it is very scenic. Our room was right next to a large patch of woods. For people who love nature especially, this is the place to go.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jill S
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent the 4th here with some friends this year, easy tucked away spot in the mountains, we loaded everyday with activities and fun. It was quiet, relaxing and every single staff member we came into contact with were nice and fun and just added that little something extra!
Also Monticello and the National Forest are both close and fun day trips

Room Tip: we loved the top floor, the view and the quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry D
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Came here to celebrate 4th of July. Their entrance fee is pretty steep at $20 per person at the gate but their entertainment, Traveling Hillbillies, Cazhmiere, and Junkfood, was awesome. Food choices were slim and expensive as well. Fireworks were disappointing. You had to leave the music to travel up hill to view and then they were small and too far away in my opinion. This was our second time to come here. Though the people watching was VERY entertaining...this might be our last visit.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Kdmcook
Also consider these accommodations in or near McGaheysville
Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg
#13 of 22 in Harrisonburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg

Been to Massanutten Resort? Share your experiences!