“Decent choice for the area” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McKenney
Economy Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McKenney
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent choice for the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

I had stayed here before in the summer of '05, so I felt comfortable staying here with my girlfriend. We stopped on the way home from Thanksgiving with her family. This is a big '50s motel, one of many on the old US 1 that parallels I-85. A lot of them have really fallen apart. This place is not what it once was, but it's perfectly decent.

The motel was once Wilmurt's Motel, and there's still a big sign on the front of the office/restaurant saying so. The Wilmurts gave way to the Patels some time ago, but they've kept it up decently. The restaurant has been closed for a long time, and the pool has been filled in. I guess the few cars that still use US 1 don't justify keeping either open.

The rooms are pretty huge, but the furnishings are nothing special. They're '80s vintage, but clean. The bathrooms are kind of small, but clean and functional. All in all, for a one night stay, this is all you need. You may notice that one wing of the motel is 'apartments'. Don't let that bother you. Both times I've stayed, I've had a safe and quiet night. There is almost no road noise because almost no-one uses US 1 anymore. The price is also really good. I paid somewhere around $40-50.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
8 Thank roadtripperMaryland

1 review from our community

Also consider these accommodations in or near McKenney
Hampton Inn Stony Creek
Hampton Inn Stony Creek
#1 of 2 in Stony Creek

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!