“Wonderful Wedding Weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middleburg
Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I were married on June 2, 2012 on the amazing grounds of the Briar Patch (BP). It was an outstanding weekend of very close family and friends, and I could never have dreamed of a better back drop to our nuptials! Ellen, Dan, Henriette and the other staff are fantastic! From the get go they were professional, hospitable, generous, timely, and sweet! Many of our guests that stayed at the inn said it was like "being welcomed home"! The breakfasts were super tasty in set in a naturally lit cozy breakfast area. Ellen even helped my best friend and bridesmaid by making her vegan options!! The wedding was perfect, thanks to Henriette and all of the contacts she helped me with (caterer, florist etc). My maid of honor and I stayed in the cottage and it was the perfect place for all the girls to do our nails and chit chat and the guys all had some whiskey and watched the ball game the night before the wedding! Henriette took the decorations I brought and made the reception areas gorgeous (I cried tears of joy when I saw it). The grounds were so well kept, the rooms and reception area were clean and comfortable.The new hot tub was so pretty and comfortable, the pool was refreshing (and both so nice and hidden in the trees...so romantic!) Everything was brilliant!!! Thank you again to all involved that made our stay and our wedding perfect!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

You're very welcome, Sarah - thank YOU for the lovely review! There's no greater compliment we can receive than hearing your wedding was perfect. We were so glad to be a part of it - the ceremony was beautiful. I'll certainly share this with the whole staff, as well.

I do apologize that we made you cry, but if they were tears of joy, I guess it's okay! I was smiling the whole time I read this. We're very glad you had a wonderful experience. Thanks again for taking the time to share it with us. We wish you and Aaron the best of luck in your married life together.

Ellen

There are newer reviews for Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Last weekend we attended our nephew's wedding at the Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast. The festivities included a rehearsal dinner on Friday evening and the weddding and reception on Saturday.
The Briar Patch is located in rural Virginia, near Middleburg, and the setting is lovely. The rehearsal dinner was in a separate wing from the B&B - same location as the wedding reception. The location featured a large patio with covered bar, as well as expansive indoor seating in a hall and adjoining room. We enjoyed drinks and mingling on the patio in the wonderful late summer twilight both evenings, and the settings for the dinners were comfortable yet elegant.
The wedding was conducted outside under a large tree - perfect weather and the setting felt intimate. The only possible drawback was the proximity to the two lane road running in front of the property, but it was not really distracting during the ceremony.
Many of our family stayed at the Briar Patch for the event; we were not able to secure a room, but wish we could have. All our relatives who stayed there recommended it.
In all, a beautiful setting for a very special event!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thanks very much for your review. We're honored to have hosted your nephew's wedding, and so happy it was a lovely ceremony.

We pride ourselves on being a "one-stop shop" of sorts. Not only can we host events like rehearsal dinners and wedding ceremonies, we'll also provide a comfortable, relaxing environment in which you can stay. I'm sorry you weren't able to experience that aspect, but maybe that just means another trip to Middleburg is in store!

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a comment. It was a pleasure to be a part of your nephew's special day, and I'm glad everyone had a great time!

All the best,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

The Brier Patch B & B was clean cozy and welcoming. We stayed in the Iris room which has a private bathroom and a fireplace with an electric insert. The pool and hot tub were nice as were the horses on site.Breakfast was hearty and there was a nice assortment of snacks available throughout the day. The town of Middleboro is quaint with nice places to eat. The surrounding area wineries and Manassas were also great places to visit. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne B
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Suzanne,

Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad you got to check out the Iris Room - did you know it's actually a part of the original house? Over 200 years old! It sounds like you got to explore a lot of the surroundings, too. We're happy to make your stay a memorable one, and we'd love to host you again. Thanks for your review, and for the recommendation!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This quaint B&B is a great place to stay for a relaxing trip to the Middleburg area. It is just a few miles from the main area of Middleburg and close to many VA wineries. The rooms are comfortable and they have a nice pantry stocked with snacks and beverages available 24 hours a day. They also have a nice pool and hot tub for guest use, which are not often found at such quaint B&Bs. My only (small) complaint was that they offered complimentary WiFi, however it was so slow we could not use it. There are also no TVs in the rooms, but was one available in the living area of the house to be shared by all guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Jennifer,

Thank you very much for your lovely review! We're thrilled to be close to so many wineries - you're never too far from a day of adventure. And our comfy rooms, pool and hot tub are all meant to provide total relaxation. It sounds like you got to experience at least a little bit of that!

Thanks again for the kind words. We always appreciate them, and of course, you're more than welcome to stay with us anytime.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were there to attend a wedding in Bluemont. We stayed over for two nights in the cottage. It was very comfy, cozy, and roomy! The pool and hot-tub were amazing! The food was good and the staff were very friendly. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

SamGabrail,

Thanks for your review. I'll pass this along to the entire staff. I'm so glad you had a great time with us! That hot-tub sure is relaxing, isn't it?

Our goal is to provide you with a beautiful, comfortable stay, so reading your words makes me smile. Thanks again for the review and recommendation, and we'd love to have you back anytime!

Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We've stayed in a lot B&Bs in the US and UK. The beds here were comfy and the room we had was quiet even though the place was full. Sharing a bathroom was doable since we knew the couple in the other room. The pool was nice. The weekend hot breakfast was not much. We came down later than the bulk of guests and what was left was pretty meager - a small amount of cold bland quiche a pancake and some coffee. There were some packaged snacks and soda. We had a good time while we were there (for a wedding) but compared to others I have stayed at it was not exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Sandman030,

Thanks for your review. I'm pleased your rooms were comfortable and you enjoyed the pool, although I'm sorry your breakfast wasn't satisfactory. Of course, it's best to arrive earlier rather than later to ensure you get to sample all of the yummy options of our hot breakfast. Outside of that, I'm happy you had a good time, and we'd love to have you back again. We'll make sure you get one of our outstanding hot breakfasts next time.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is a great little B&B in the wonderful town of Middleburg VA. Rooms are old and floors squeak, but it feels like your grandmothers house and that is how a B&B should be.

With that said, service and details have the "local feel" as well. "Charlotte" was quick to snap at me that I was three hours early to check in when I was simply walking the grounds looking for staff as there is no real arrival process.

The housekeeper upstairs recovered from the above abrupt welcome with a warm smile, a magnificent lunch recommendation at the Market Salamander downtown Middleburg and excellent wineries to visit. I would also recommend the Fox Inn for dinner.

Breakfast in the morning was late (again - you get the non resort experience here) but the food was very good. Coffee ran short all morning as they tried to keep up with the volume and pulled it away far to early for our wedding group who all needed some caffeine.

The beds and room were clean and comfy, but while the internet is free...it is also very slow. The grounds are a highlight at this B&B. Great pool, horses to feed, an expansive lawn and a wonderful porch to hang out at all day and night.

Room Tip: Go for the upstairs front rooms facing the lawn, we had the backyard view and would have preferred t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

onyxtct,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's very humbling to see you call us almost perfect. We really want to create a comfortable and relaxing stay with plenty to do, so I'm glad you checked out the grounds!

I apologize for any rudeness you may have encountered, and I'm sorry for depriving your group of coffee (we know how important caffeine is!), but I'm happy you enjoyed the rest of your meal and experience.

Thanks again for the kind words - we really appreciate them!

Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg
Airlie
#1 of 8 in Middleburg
Salamander Resort & Spa
Salamander Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Middleburg

Been to Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!