“Very Warm and Welcoming!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middleburg
Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Home away from home! Kitchen is well stocked for your needs, rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the staff is warm and friendly. You will love it; its located in a wonderful country setting near the quaint town of Middleburg. We would love to go back and do more wine tastings! We had no idea there were so many wineries in Northern VA.

Room Tip: The Sun Flower Rm and Rose Rm combine for the best Suites when traveling with another couple!! Just...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thanks for the kind words, Holly. It makes me smile when people say they feel at home here, and of course, the wineries are always a big plus. You'll have to come back to see the rest!

I'll share this with the whole staff. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

This B and B is in a lovely setting on 47 acres on a hill sitting back from the road (Route 50) a few miles east of Middleburg, VA. It started as a one room log cabin in 1805 and was enlarged by the middle 1800s. There are 8 bedrooms-we were in the Violet room on the second floor with the bathroom shared with the adjoining room (bathroom doors could be locked from both sides). The furnishings were simple--a very comfortable king sized bed, two lamps, a heater and robes were available to wear. There is also a large lovely porch with chairs in the front.

On the first floor is a sitting room with a TV, books and magazines, a love seat and chairs. The breakfast room could seat 16 guests--it was a weekend so an excellent breakast was served including french toast and 2 kinds of quiche as well as cereal, fruit, juice, breads, etc. In addition, they provide many kinds of snacks, juice and soft drinks at any time during the day--a very nice touch. On the grounds, there is a hot tub, pool and a number of trails around the property. In a separate building, they have banquet faciilites and there was a wedding rehearsal and dinner the night we stayed.

Briar Patch participated in the program--B and Bs for Vets, where active and retired military veterans can stay a free night on Veterans Day weekend--a wonderful way to give back to those who served in the military. We stayed one night as part of that program and liked Briar Patch so much we booked 2 nights with friends for the spring.

The only negative was that the free high speed wifi did not work for us--we were told in advance that it was slow, but we were unable to use our tablets fo get on the internet.

This is a great place to spend time and explore the lovely surrounding areas of northern Virginia. We look forward to our return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thanks very much for your sweet review! I'm so happy you had a wonderful stay with us. You did a great job hitting all of the unique features that we offer, and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our free night stay for Veteran's Day!

I do apologize if the wifi was slow. That's a rarity, but unfortunately it does happen from time to time. Thanks again, and we looking forward to your visit in the spring!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My cousin & I stayed at Briar Patch B&B in Middleburg, VA in early Oct. We loved our rooms & breakfast & the area was lovely. The only problem was the stink bugs, but the owners tried everything to get rid of them. I'll visit again -- when stink bug season is over.

Room Tip: The Rose Room (2nd floor) was large & comfortable. The downstairs rooms have fireplaces & a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nellie001
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Nellie,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm very happy you had a lovely stay with us and got to check out the area.

I do apologize once more for the stink bugs. They've constantly been increasing in numbers all over Virginia the past few years. We'll just have to continue to find ways to combat them. We'd love to host you again once stink bug season is over!

Reviewed 2 November 2012

I had a Living Social deal for Briar Patch, and thought, why not? I've always wanted to do a winery tour, and we like Virginia, so...then, my daughter announced her engagement, and we invited them to join us. We had a lovely two days in Northern VA, in a part of the state neither I nor my husband (who is from VA) had ever been to. We had a great time. The staff at Briar Patch was great about updating us on ravel conditions (this was two days after Hurricane Sandy) and were most gracious about calling to check which wineries were open and offering tasting coupons. The Inn itself is in an idyllic setting and is beautifully furnished and well-maintained. As an early bird, I wish that breakfast was offered before 9:00 am, but there are plenty of snacks and coffee and tea available before then, so you won't starve or die of caffeine deprivation. I particularly like the layout of the inn - with several suites upstairs and two nice sitting areas downstairs, plus the dining area, there is plenty of room to spread out. Plus, according to a family friend, it's only an hour out of DC. I would seriously consider staying out here and commuting to the nearest Metro stop on my next visit to DC.

Room Tip: If road noise bothers you, ask for a room on the back of the house. The state road the inn is on is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank prchrmom

Thanks so much for this glowing review! I really appreciate the comments about our layout and decor. So glad you got to check out a part of Virginia you haven't seen before!

Our only goal of any visit is to make sure you have a wonderful time. We will always be available to make sure you've got what you need to be comfortable and enjoy yourselves. With Sandy, it was a bit more chaotic than usual, but luckily we were still able to make everything work.

Many congrats again to your daughter! We're happy to host you anytime you need to relax.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

My daughter was married at the Patch on 10/20, and things could not have been more perfect. The setting, the facilities and the management were just as one would wish them to be. Our room was very comfortable and homey. My highest marks for this wonderful occasion.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Nothing makes me happier than hearing your daughter had a perfect wedding here. It was lovely having you all here. Thanks for letting us share in the wonderful experience. We wish your daughter and her husband the best in their new life together.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We had a work meeting at the Briar Patch Inn and it was a perfect location. the staff was completely accomodating and having such a cozy atmosphere made it an ideal choice for our team. The meeting space overlooked the mountains, and had multiple doors to enjoy fresh air and a beautiful view during breaks. The sleeping rooms and beds were very comfortable and relaxing. Having homemade meals was also a plus! I would definitely return.

Room Tip: any of the rooms will work, but some have bathrooms attached to bedrooms and others have hallways ba...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Ellen G, Owner at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Glad you had a productive meeting at Briar Patch, Elizabeth! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Regardless of why you're visiting, we just want you to feel completely at home and comfortable. And of course, a homemade meal never hurts! I really appreciate your feedback, and we'd love to host your group anytime.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I were married on June 2, 2012 on the amazing grounds of the Briar Patch (BP). It was an outstanding weekend of very close family and friends, and I could never have dreamed of a better back drop to our nuptials! Ellen, Dan, Henriette and the other staff are fantastic! From the get go they were professional, hospitable, generous, timely, and sweet! Many of our guests that stayed at the inn said it was like "being welcomed home"! The breakfasts were super tasty in set in a naturally lit cozy breakfast area. Ellen even helped my best friend and bridesmaid by making her vegan options!! The wedding was perfect, thanks to Henriette and all of the contacts she helped me with (caterer, florist etc). My maid of honor and I stayed in the cottage and it was the perfect place for all the girls to do our nails and chit chat and the guys all had some whiskey and watched the ball game the night before the wedding! Henriette took the decorations I brought and made the reception areas gorgeous (I cried tears of joy when I saw it). The grounds were so well kept, the rooms and reception area were clean and comfortable.The new hot tub was so pretty and comfortable, the pool was refreshing (and both so nice and hidden in the trees...so romantic!) Everything was brilliant!!! Thank you again to all involved that made our stay and our wedding perfect!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

You're very welcome, Sarah - thank YOU for the lovely review! There's no greater compliment we can receive than hearing your wedding was perfect. We were so glad to be a part of it - the ceremony was beautiful. I'll certainly share this with the whole staff, as well.

I do apologize that we made you cry, but if they were tears of joy, I guess it's okay! I was smiling the whole time I read this. We're very glad you had a wonderful experience. Thanks again for taking the time to share it with us. We wish you and Aaron the best of luck in your married life together.

Ellen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
4 mi away
Middleburg Country Inn
Middleburg Country Inn
#4 of 8 in Middleburg

Been to Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!