“Best B and B Ever”

Ranked #4 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best B and B Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Middleburg Country Inn exceeded my expectations in every way. The hosts were wonderful and accommodating. The Inn is beautiful and so comfortable. The rooms are beautifully decorated and you are right in the middle of town. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLCA2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great visit to a charming inn and a great way to begin our trip through Virginia. Jo Ann and Kevin were great hosts. Room was very well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast every morning was fabulous. It was especially nice to have a choice of entrees. The Inn is located in downtown Middleburg, close to many shops and restaurants. Jo Ann was very knowledgable about the area and gave us great recommendations of where to eat.

She even told us about a Rodin original sculpture found in the cemetary behind the Inn.

Would happily stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriend and I recently spent a weekend here and couldn't have had a better experience. Joann was so hospitable and friendly that the Inn definitely made our weekend. The rooms are spacious and well-kept, the breakfasts are fantastic, and there is free candy/cookies/ice cream whenever you want...what could be better?

Definitely recommend staying at the Inn for a weekend and hitting the local wineries. Rappahannock Cellars, Delaplane Cellars, and Bluemont Vineyard were our favorites. We will definitely be returning for another weekend trip. Thanks so much Joann!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

You feel right at home when you arrive at this lovely Inn. I have stayed in several of the rooms and I have had a good nights rest in each of them. My favorite part is Joanne's breakfast in the morning with a treat of her homemade Lemon Cake.

Room Tip: The TV's are a bit dated so bring a good book!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carrie M
Sausalito
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was near Dulles airport for business so I decided to make it fun & stay in a cute inn in a cute town west of Dulles in wine & equestrian country. And I really chose correctly!!! I am a super picky snob and this Inn passes all of my tests! They have truly thought of everything. Gorgeous place (website doesn't do it justice) that is perfectly decorated! The town of Middleburg is adorable & I can't wait to walk to the shops in the morning!!!
Kevin insisted on hauling my 41 lb bag up the 4 flights of stairs and could see that I had a long travel day so he whisked me into the kitchen to pour me a glass of wine. Now THAT is what I am talking about!
What truly sent me over the edge and drove me to write this review right away was the perfect sticker with the Middleburg Country Inn logo sealing the toilet paper. And the beautiful complimentary nail file with the Inn's picture & logo......!!! Excellent marketing & excellent touch! Very close attention to detail & very personal! LOVE IT!! And I have only been here for 2 hours!!!
Jo Anne & Kevin, will you please teach the rest of the world how it is done??!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sarah L
Lancaster, Pa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the lovely Middleburg Inn smack in the Virginia Hunt country. The Inn is tastefully decorated, has pleasant, cozy rooms, a warm reading room and sunny porch and of course a cute breakfast room.

Joanne and Kevin are pleasant hosts and Joanne cooked up a wonderful waffle and Eggs benedict for us.

The location is superb, right on the main street just a short walk to all the gorgeous shops in Middleburg.

I can highly recommend this nice B&B to you. You too will agree you are in the middle of everything!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LancasterTraveler
kj20118, Owner at Middleburg Country Inn, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Jo Ann
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I chose Middleburg Country Inn for a winter getaway to celebrate my birthday in late January. It was a perfect choice! It has a good location within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants and museums. We were given a suite on the top floor which had a fireplace which we used each night with two comfy chairs in front of the fire, a sitting area and a small kitchen area with a fridge , sink and microwave and there was also a well appointed bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and shower combination. Joann and Kevin are wonderful hosts and gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and things to see in town and lovely scenic roads to tour in the area. Don't miss the museum! There was a great exhibit of wonderful fish and wildlife art while we were there. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CindyPennsylvania
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg
Airlie
#1 of 1 in Haymarket
The Ashby Inn
The Ashby Inn
#1 of 1 in Paris

Been to Middleburg Country Inn? Share your experiences!