Strenneth
US$182
US$163
Bell Hotel(Thetford)
US$122
Travelodge Thetford Hotel(Thetford)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelodge
All reviewslocal produceb bapple juiceplaces to visitguest houseon arrivalsingle roomcup of teawarm welcomebreakfast was amazingpreservesnorfolk countrysidegreat place to staya lovely staylocal areafriendly ownerspeaceful location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2012

nicki and i stayed with paul and yolanda and we recommend it highly
bottom line = BRILLIANT
we stayed 10 days or so

Talking wiht both owners and breakfast were my hghlights although my hikes out back along a road used in WWII to view the fields, old airstrips, pheasants, deer, pigeons and wheat fields was near the top also.
just ask paul where to have dinner and he will be definitive and correct. Both proprietors will do anything within reason to accomodate your stay.
I recommend the cottage, i think our # was 2, it was an efficiency type of studio wiht upstairs loft for bedroom, downstairs bath with terrific hot water, small kitchen, table, sitting room and porch to sip wine and look at two grand Shires, Teddy and Archie.
i would go back in a heartbeat.
don and nicki

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed here for one night after arriving back from holiday and was working in Diss the next morning. Fantastic service offered by Paul and Yolanda, very friendly and welcoming. They were able to accommodate for my late night arrival (3am). And helped me to get to my work place the next morning! The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Joe and I stayed here with mummy, uncle Andy, Auntie Lesley and grandpa. It was lovely, we played football with Rocky the dog, the beds were the comfiest I have ever slept in. We saw the chickens in the morning who laid our eggs for breakfast, which was fab! and the home made apple juice was lovely. We could play wherever we wanted and it was safe. We would love to stay here again. Nicole and Joe Redman.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lesley f
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband booked this hotel as a treat for our wedding aniversery on the 13th of August. We arrived at 4pm to be greeted by the owners little jack russell whos growl was very misleading! he is like a little guard hound whos a bit confused! We also had tea and cake on arrival which was delightful! The owner Paul said that we were booked into the garden room but we were not now as he had upgraded us to the cottage. this was fantastic a little 2 bedroom home from home and i was sorry to leave even just for a trip out! everything was clean tidy and available. Paul was very helpful suggesting pubs to go to and places to visit. the weather held and we were able to sit in the garden was lovley and listen to the budgues and chickens. Breakfast was outstanding nice to have a choice and to request what and how you wanted it. Forgot to mention Yolanda Pauls wife who was just as friendly and helpful. Well worth the drive it is middle of know where no phone reception and was perfect! cannot wait to go back soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma373
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed for two blocks of four night over two weeks while I went to Banham zoo for work experience. The room was lovely! En suite with a colour tv and plenty of space to walk around.

The location is great and very quiet, in contrast to the owners. They always made sure I was ok and never made me feel like I wasn't welcome. I felt like part of the family. The food was 10/10 and hospitality I can unfortunately only give 10/10 (but it deserves higher)

Clean, warm and welcoming. What else could you ask for?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo