Strenneth
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$118
TripAdvisor
  • Fitness centre
Bell Hotel(Thetford)
Hotels.com
All reviewslocal produceb bapple juiceplaces to visitguest houseon arrivalsingle roomcup of teawarm welcomebreakfast was amazingpreservesnorfolk countrysidegreat place to staya lovely staylocal areafriendly ownerspeaceful location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Mum and I stayed several nights at Strenneth in September 2012 whilst researching our family history. We had a super stay. Paul and Yolande were very welcoming and provided lovely breakfasts, good company and advice on where to visit/eat out. Paul recommended and personally booked our last evening meal.The rooms are clean and comfortable, full of character and birds fill the garden. The location is ideal for exploring all of East Anglia. We especially like Bury St Edmonds and will certainly go back to Strenneth to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I booked this hotel for my mum & dad for their wedding anniversary and they Absoultly loved it.the owners were very welcoming,beautiful grounds they couldn't fault it.would recommend this hotel 100%.A Playford,From Middlesex.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 5 September 2012

nicki and i stayed with paul and yolanda and we recommend it highly
bottom line = BRILLIANT
we stayed 10 days or so

Talking wiht both owners and breakfast were my hghlights although my hikes out back along a road used in WWII to view the fields, old airstrips, pheasants, deer, pigeons and wheat fields was near the top also.
just ask paul where to have dinner and he will be definitive and correct. Both proprietors will do anything within reason to accomodate your stay.
I recommend the cottage, i think our # was 2, it was an efficiency type of studio wiht upstairs loft for bedroom, downstairs bath with terrific hot water, small kitchen, table, sitting room and porch to sip wine and look at two grand Shires, Teddy and Archie.
i would go back in a heartbeat.
don and nicki

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed here for one night after arriving back from holiday and was working in Diss the next morning. Fantastic service offered by Paul and Yolanda, very friendly and welcoming. They were able to accommodate for my late night arrival (3am). And helped me to get to my work place the next morning! The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Joe and I stayed here with mummy, uncle Andy, Auntie Lesley and grandpa. It was lovely, we played football with Rocky the dog, the beds were the comfiest I have ever slept in. We saw the chickens in the morning who laid our eggs for breakfast, which was fab! and the home made apple juice was lovely. We could play wherever we wanted and it was safe. We would love to stay here again. Nicole and Joe Redman.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family