“what a jewel!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

the first time we ate there was out of curiosity, and what a treat!- not only are the people friendly, but the building has quite a history- it was a bank, so the vault is a must see! we loved the food and service, and since we were there at a fairly slow time of day, we were able to enjoy the memorabilia on the walls. We decided that since we had such a great time there that the 50 mile drive was worth going there to celebrate St, Patrick's Day this year. We not only had a fantastic meal with wonderful conversations with the staff, we went downstairs to Bridget's Pub, and spent many hours of pure enjoyment, making new friends in an atmosphere geared to encourage patrons to talk with each other. We met so many interesting people and exchanged our stories, laughed until our sides hurt, and reluctantly left at closing time. Cannot say enough good things about this restaurant and pub, and we'll be going back- Erin Go Bragh!

There are newer reviews for Nana's Irish Pub

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were lucky enough to enjoy dinner here on a Friday night when the owner (Brian?, I believe) entertained diners with some songs. It just made for a nice relaxing and enjoyable night. We enjoyed the food. It's hard to find good British/Irish food here in the states and this place was pretty good. Husband had the big fry up breakfast and enjoyed it greatly (I tried the lamb chop that came with it and it was well cooked - just not my thing) and I had the fish and chips. Fish was just a touch over cooked but still fairly moist and flaky. We had apple crumble with caramel sauce and ice cream for dessert and well..it was the best thing we had all night. Delish! Restaurant is suitable for families with children. Wait staff was attentive enough and we enjoyed talking with our waitress (she was 4 days from having her first child and that's always fun to talk about!) through out the night.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were so disappointed! We stayed in a local B&B and were looking forward to a great Irish experience here, but alas, they closed for 2 days after St. Patricks day! I could get over not being able to get reservations for the big day, but to be closed for days after? We were bummed.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Loved the atmosphere of this little place. I was on a business trip in March, staying in Strasburg, when I ventured out alone to find a cozy place to eat. Had the corned beef brisket and cabbage, smashed carrots, the works. A few cups of Irish tea and a good book made the night. Great atmosphere, Irish music playing, warm and cozy. I'll be back the next time I'm in town. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a live act!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Good food. Much traditional Irish and Isles fare. In an old bank buildin with walkin safe still in place. Good decor and love it when the owner strums and sings the Irish tunes. Particular fav is the Blacksmith... 1/2 Guiness 1/2 Smithwicks