“Best meal you'll ever eat”
Review of The Old Plow Restaurant - CLOSED

The Old Plow Restaurant
Price range: US$39 - US$65
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The delightful restaurant at The Old Plow is situated in a charming 17th century inn in the picturesque Chiltern Hills, thirty minutes from Oxford. The dining room ��� with its oak beams, log fire and crisp linens - is a favourite with local celebs, and over its 400 year history the restaurant has hosted the likes of Jeremy Irons, Jay Kay and even Charles II. The Old Plow's unfussy eclectic, modern menu has an emphasis on fresh seafood and classic French sauces. We love the salt and pepper chilli Devon squid with balsamic glaze and rocket leaves; the roast Cornish rump of lamb with apricot and mint chutney; and the seared scallops and bacon with lemon butter sauce. With bucket-loads of authentic charm and a superb French wine list ��� The Old Plow provides a memorable location for business lunches, evening meals and private parties.
West Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Best meal you'll ever eat”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I can only say that I have eaten here many times, & it is my most favourite place to eat. The service is amazing and you will always be well looked after. The food ..... well you cant get better than this place..... that's for sure. I will not eat steak any where else now, as their steak is the best in the world. The environment is calm and inviting, staff always willing to help and be of assistance - without overbearing. Restaurant is clean, well presented and comfortable. I can not recommend this place high enough ..... once you've been - you will not want to eat anywhere else :)

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place.”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This restaurant is pure excellent. The service is great and the food is definitely worth the price. Ill go again in the future.

• Visited November 2013
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Consistently excellent food and ambiance - always a great experience”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Dined there last week, and will again tomorrow (indeed we are planning our post-wedding dinner there...). Having dined regularly at the Plow over almost ten years now, as a couple or with friends, my partner and I (who set high standards!) have never ever been disappointed. Haven't reviewed up to now for fear of creating too much demand and not being able to get a table when we want!

The only problem is deciding between which of the menu selections to choose - always enticing, with novel combinations of really fresh/tasty ingredients, and the result is always as least as good as it appears from the menu (it can often be the reverse in restaurants).
....and the country location, welcome and ambiance are superb, winter or summer!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, high class food, a little pricey”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a weeknight, and we had a very warm welcome. The staff here are excellent, some of the best service we've had in a while. The menu is full of imaginative seafood dishes, very wholesome. The starters are, as mentioned previously, expensive for starters. I suspect this is because they are large for starters, I had prawns and chorizo...very good, but far too much for a starter portion. I would have been quite happy with it as a main.
My main was also very large, and very meaty! A little too much for me, but beautifully cooked and very tasty. My other half's pudding was delightful, and very nicely presented.

I wonder if they would get more custom if they could lower the prices ever so slightly (when I mentioned to work colleagues that I had been, the first comment was regarding how expensive it is, which is such a shame).

All-in-all, lovely pub/restaurant, excellent service and good food. Definitely recommended.

Visited February 2014
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal in an excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I had our Valentine's Day meal at The Old Plough and thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu was extensive for such a busy night with lots of great fish dishes, and despite the fact that the restaurant was full the staff were endlessly attentive and very knowledgeable. The food was really good - I had the vegetarian option for a main course and the moroccan spiced lentils were divine. We shall most definitely be back shortly.