“Excellent in every detail of service”
Review of The Old Plow Restaurant - CLOSED

The Old Plow Restaurant
Price range: US$39 - US$65
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The delightful restaurant at The Old Plow is situated in a charming 17th century inn in the picturesque Chiltern Hills, thirty minutes from Oxford. The dining room ��� with its oak beams, log fire and crisp linens - is a favourite with local celebs, and over its 400 year history the restaurant has hosted the likes of Jeremy Irons, Jay Kay and even Charles II. The Old Plow's unfussy eclectic, modern menu has an emphasis on fresh seafood and classic French sauces. We love the salt and pepper chilli Devon squid with balsamic glaze and rocket leaves; the roast Cornish rump of lamb with apricot and mint chutney; and the seared scallops and bacon with lemon butter sauce. With bucket-loads of authentic charm and a superb French wine list ��� The Old Plow provides a memorable location for business lunches, evening meals and private parties.
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every detail of service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I celebrate our anniversary here each year and never has the service changed or the welcome and a familiar table given. The food is surperb and Olivia makes everyone feel at home.
They have specials on offer during the summer and winter months which you should try.
Simply the best is all I can say.

• Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous - as always”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We meet the same friends 3 or 4 times each year at the Old Plow and met again in May. The sun shone, the wine flowed but it was all overshadowed by the fabulous food and service. There are no 'average' dishes on this menu, I could have chosen anything and would have enjoyed it immensely. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2014
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“We'll be back.....”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I hoped for a memorable night for my wife's 30th..... we were both blown away. A table of 17 isn't easy to accommodate but we were given a very warm welcome and were treated to truly exquisite food and service.

We will most certainly be recommending The Old Plow to anyone looking for a special meal, and I could quite happily work my way through every meal coming from the kitchen that night. I'll be booking a table for my wife and I again very soon.

• Visited April 2014
Buckinghamshire, UK
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a table here for my husbands birthday as it was somewhere we'd been wanting to try for a while. From the initial conversation I had with Olivia when booking the table I knew we wouldn't be disappointed. The service was exemplary and the food exquisite (very generous portions too). We wouldn't hesitate to recommend to our friends and family and very much look forward to returning ourselves!

Amersham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The finest Boullabaisse I have had outside of Marseille and the tenderest grilled Romney Marsh lamb kidneys ever. A great experience

• Visited April 2014