“Comfortable, clean, convenient”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Martinsville, Virginia
“Comfortable, clean, convenient”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed at this property several times. The room is spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff is very friendly the breakfast is ok, but you might want to think twice about the cheese omelet.it was indelible. There is a variety of cereals, and the coffee is very good. We keep coming back, so obviously, it is a good experience.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kermit K
Tracy T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback Kermit. I have said it before ...and I'll say it again... that I value reviews from returning guests. First time impressions are nice, but the second, third and so on ensures that it wan't just a happenstance. I am pleased that we are able to siut your needs wen you come to town. Also, I appreciate your feedback about the breakfast. Sometimes we are able to switch it up and try somthing new. When it works, it works When it doesn't, we don't know until someone lets us know. Thank you again for choosing our Hampton Inn 103 and we'll see you next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed with my daughter 2 nights while in VA for a lacrosse tournament. I found the hotel very clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was good as well. Hot meal options like, eggs, French toast sticks and sausage as well as the typical waffles. Cold items available as well. We will be staying there again on a return trip for lacrosse.

2 Thank Laura D
Tracy T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
LIVE ~ LOVE ~ LAX

^^^I'm totally loving my summer of lacrosse! You have to know that your athlete is our athlete! When we host teams, we aim to start their day just as you would at home. I am thankful that we provided amenities to jumpstart her defense and ignite her offense.

Lacrosse. Strong enough for a man, pH balanced for a woman...
^^^Awfully familiar, right? Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn 103. I truly have a new found appreciation for the game especially when the girls play (…and not just because we become competitive with our sister hotels. #winning)

La Ball. La Stick. La Attitude. Lacrosse. ............LaHampton!
^^^Overkill!? Guess you'll definitely have to come back now!
Richmond, VA, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel with a ample room and a nice sofa in my room. Staff was very warm and friendly while being eager to please. Air unit a bit loud even compared to other hotels. I will be back in area in two months or so, I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Christopher S
Not only am I glad that you enjoyed the room, I’m just going to take credit for decorating and say that the sofa was MY idea! It was Hamptonality at first sight! Thank you for staying with you and I appreciate your response. My staff and I look forward to your return to the area.

P.S. In my heart of hearts, I am a Pier 1 believer that you’re not truly at home until the furniture speaks to you. I have a message for you:
You came. You sat. You slept. You left. I’ll be here when you get back.
Warmest Regards, Nicest Hampton Inn Sofa Ever!
Fayetteville, NC, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hanpton Inn rooms are always setup nicely. They are comfortable and inviting with plenty of room to relax in. I like the fact that you don't have to script through a half of dozen options on the remote to get to the TV channel guide. It comes up first and I just have to key in the station.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tracy T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Relax, Relate, Release!! I am so excited that you were able to unwind and scroll the guide. I am thankful that we have a Housekeeping staff that goes an exra mile to make cozy accommodations for guests in need of some R&R!! I look forward to your next stay and between you and I, we will be upgrading our entertainment options this summer to provide more channels. Stay tuned and don't touch that dial!!!
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great hotel on a main street. Hotel staff very friendly with directions for malls and recommending things to do.Restaurants nearby. No laundry, just be aware. Breakfast ok. Smoking rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors. You can smell in the hallways :(... Ask to stay on 1st floor, no smoking rooms on this floor.

1 Thank georgiap195
I am pleased that our location was such a hit! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and you should know that we have established such a great relationship with the Ruby Tuesdays that they will even deliver your meal to the hotel. On your next stay, our Front Desk Staff will be more than happy to set this up.
Pine Mountain, GA
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great place to stay. Look forward to returning. Have stayed at this Hampton Inn whenever we are in the area. Friendly staff and great indoor pool. The only disappointment we had was there were no weights in the fitness room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tracy T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Wonderful! Thank you soooooo much for choosing to stay with us again! I get goosebumps reading reviews from returning guests because it helps me reinforce the Hamtonality Mentality to my front desk staff. I hate that the fitness room presented a disappointment. I will investigate our options for improvement. Please know that we look forward to seeing you in the near future!
United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is NOT accommodating at all! Expect nothing and you'll be happy! No late checkouts, no extra pillows, they smile and say No. Even after you call and complain to the 1800 number, they still wont budge. Extremely frustrating.

2 Thank William B
I want to begin by apologizing for your experience on behalf of my staff and the enitre company. I understand that your stay was during a tournament weekend where we happen to sell out. While we are extremely happy to accommodate teams, ever so often resources become scarce in an effort to deliver extreme customer serivce. I do not want this experience to deter you from choosing our Hampton Inn in the future. The next time you and your family travel to our area, please let me know so that I may personalize your accommodations with 100% Hamptonality!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street? Share your experiences!