“Average for fine dining but great for Midlothian”
Review of Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger
Ranked #9 of 222 Restaurants in Midlothian
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Wild Ginger offers a uniquely flavorful Asian-influenced cuisine and an extraordinary selection of fine wines in a beautiful contemporary setting. We offer over 100 seats of dining space, a covered and heated outdoor patio area, and a private dining room that can accommodate up to 24 patrons for sit down dining, and up to 50 for cocktail receptions
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm struggling with 4 stars but I don't want to be too hard on it because I'm really glad it exists in Midlothian. For fine dining it's about average but it might be the best place to eat in Midlothian. It's a great concept and they do a lot of things right, but it's a little overpriced, service can be slow, the seating is very noisy inside and execution fell short in some places. I'm a big fan of the Asian inspired American fusion theme. The menu is highly unique and you will immediately recognize the chef's creativity. The salads and our lamb medallion apetizer were amazing. However, our main courses, which were the specials, were a little bland. My strip steak was tough and over cooked and we sat too long unattended. In the server's defense, just about every seat in the house was taken and she was working her tail end off. I will definately go back because it was a high quality and fun meal.

1  Thank Ryan M

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I got out for a romantic meal while visiting family in Midlothian. The atmosphere is contemporary. Music, technoish. Her fish special--rockfish and crab cakes was terrific. Very creative and delicious. I was not all that hungry so ordered sushi, which was pretty good. We started with the chef's version of miso soup, which had a bit of chicken and was excellent. I'd go again for cooked dishes, but would look for a sushi restaurant, if I wanted to go that route again. The range of dishes here is terrific. Pan-Asian it is. Our server was attentive and, much to my delight, able to engage in conversation about details of food preparation and wines. The wine list is good, though not terribly creative and, for me, a tad bit overpriced. My tastes range much further than California, France, Spain and Chile. How about adding a Pinotage or a selection from Portugal or even something from Virginia itself? It was very nice to see a range of craft beer on tap. Two Hearted, one of the nation's best IPAs, is a favorite. All in all it was a very good experience. We'd return on a future trip.

1  Thank whaw
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had some sushi and salad. The waitress was not good at all. I had to flag her down several times and she forgot my appetizer ... By the time I was able to get her to my table it was too late to have her bring it... My drink was empty and after asking her for a refill she again forgot .... I flagged down another person for a refill...

2  Thank KathyKathy2
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Love this place! Great service and consistent food. I enjoy how creative the rolls are. The sashimi is also very good quality

1  Thank iluvtravels
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This place is gourmet Thai, which translates (mostly) to American food with a Thai twist. The ambience is amazing. And the food IS delicious with a beautiful presentation. But, the service is very, very slow. Ordered at around 7p, received entrees around 8:30. We had a larger party, but it shouldn't have that long. At one point, my 90 year old grandmother turned to me and said "I'm just so, so...hungry."

2  Thank Gail_Tim
JBSamuel, Manager at Wild Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I am horribly sorry to hear about your experience. Mistakes can happen, but not here. If it's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you at your convenience so I can better understand what happened that evening and see what I can do to make this right. You're not a customer here. You're our guest. We must never allow our guests to leave feeling anything other than thrilled with their dining experience in our house. The restaurant's number is 804.378.4988. I look forward to speaking with you very soon and, again, thank you for letting us know about your evening and giving us a chance to set things straight. Cheers!