“disappointed to say the least”
Review of Crab Louie's

Crab Louie's
Ranked #15 of 219 Restaurants in Midlothian
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Took my group out to dinner last night at Crab Louies. Three of us have eaten there once before 10/15 years ago. One of the guys remembered the crab cakes for some reason, however we saw Chiliean Sea Bass on the menu and our mouth's watered...................Three of us got the Sea Bass and OMG, what a huge disappointment. Sea Bass if shaped like mini baked potato in a sence and all three of ours was flat, evenly cut about at about 1/2 inch. They looked like frozen hamburger patties, and tasted similiar. One of my guys did not even finish his. The salad and side orders looked like they were orders for children meaning that they were gone in four bites. Our waitress was very nice and plesant, but now I know why I haven't eaten there in 10-15 years............We were all Disappointed and WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

2  Thank Abraham S

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had dinner here on a Tuesday night. It was our anniversary and we had not been here in quite sometime so we thought we'd give it a try. We were seated promptly and our waitress appeared in a reasonable amount of time. She took our drink orders and reappeared at appropriate intervals to ask about taking our order. DW ordered a Caesar salad and the Crab Cake/Seafood Latke combo with baked potato. I ordered Clam Chowder, Tossed Salad, and the Crab Cakes with sautéed vegetables. The Chowder was flavorful and well warmed. The salads were fresh, appropriately sized, and dressings had good flavor. DW's baked potato was not quite done all the way. The Seafood Latke had good flavor with the Red Bell pepper sauce on top. The Crab Cakes were about 60% crab, very dense, and lacking texture. They were also a little dry. They were accompanied by a lemony mustard sauce which helped a little.

Crab Louie's has slipped in quality in our opinion. Definitely not as good as we remember. For the price, we feel they could do a lot better. We may try it again sometime.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I had lunch. Menu is largely seafood, but with a lot of variety in both types of seafood and in preparation...not just the usual fried or broiled. I had the shrimp scallops mornay and it was delicious, as was the ginger jasmine rice served with it. My wife had
a salad that was generous in size with lots of variety of fresh content. The place was WAY too cold and the service was only so-so. Prices were not cheap but OK for what we got.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have lived in Midlothian for 30 years and had always heard nothing but great things about Crab Louie's so when it was my husband's and I wedding anniversary we decided to finally go since neither one had ever been there. What a complete disappointment. We had reservations for a Thursday night and still had to wait for our table even though we were on time and the restaurant was nowhere near crowded. Our server seemed to be annoyed that he had to be working that night and could not even smile when greeting our table. Every table receives a sampling of "relishes" that are to be paired with several type of bread. We received the relish but didnt receive any bread until our main courses came out. My salad was the only thing I had enjoyed up until I found a long hair in it halfway through eating it. I ordered salmon with the spinach as a side. The fish was OK but the spinach tasted like it had come from a frozen box you buy at the grocery store, it was even still slightly cold. My husband ordered a seafood au gratin and it was literally 2 scallops and a piece of shrimp drowning in butter, not what was described on the menu and was disgusting. The waiter never came back to our table once our meal arrived to check how the meal was or see if we needed anything. There was quite a large party including children next to us that was extremely loud the entire evening. This was definitely not the nice intimate dinner we had expected to have. I had always heard this was the type of place you would dress nice to go but there were definitely customers in tee shirts and jeans which was very surprising. For the amount of money you pay for a meal here I would have expected A LOT more. I have been told that the restaurant had recently been under new ownership and boy does it show. This was absolutely not the restaurant I have heard people talk about for years. You could have a much better experience down the road at Bonefish for much cheaper and better quality.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Always good food, excellent crab cakes and seafood latke keep me coming back. Love the bread selections and the savories served before dinner. Some things just don't need to be changed. Keep up the good work.