“Relaxing Dinner”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 213 Restaurants in Midlothian
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The view and setting of Sunday Park, graced by a 1,700 acre lake, are the breath of fresh air that will make your festivities truly memorable. Join us at The Boathouse and enjoy great food, great service, beautiful surroundings and our Wine Spectator award winning wine list. The panoramic sunset views put you in a resort vacation state of mind. The Boathouse Restaurant provides unlimited ways for our guests to enjoy the day or evening; business meetings, rehearsal dinners, dinner and drinks on our lakefront deck or inside dining surrounded in our beautiful nautical atmosphere with our open-fire Wood Stone pizza oven. Our menu features an extensive raw bar, open-flamed prime steaks, fresh seafood and if that is not enough we have Neapolitan Wood Stone fired pizzas...
Virginia
“Relaxing Dinner”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I had dinner here while staying overnight in the area. The atmosphere and ambiance is wonderful. The restaurant is situated at the edge of the reservoir in a secluded, wooded area which adds to the relaxing atmosphere. We arrived shortly before sunset and, although we were seated inside, had a lovely view of the sun setting over the reservoir. My wife had the Norwegian Salmon and I had the Shrimp and Scallop Pasta. Both were excellent. I had the apple cobbler and coffee (served French pressed) for dessert. Our server, Brian, provided excellent service. Not overbearing and not 'absent' during our meal. We were there for over an hour and did not feel 'hurried' to leave. Brian never asked if we were ready for our bill and only presented the check when we requested. Reminded us of our dinners in Europe. The prices may seem a little high to some, but I do not think they are outrageous or unreasonable. I recommend making reservations, especially if you want to sit outside.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank geomagnus
Anne R, Public Relations Manager at The Boathouse, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your dinner at The Boathouse at Sunday Park. I am glad you had a great experience, and that Brian provided excellent service.
We hope to see you again soon.

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Lovely location and great food at wedding!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Gorgeous location for a wedding, especially at sunset! We enjoyed the outdoor ceremony, followed by appetizers and drinks in an indoor-outdoor room that was very open and airy, had a lovely fireplace, and overall good decor.
The food was actually better than I expected for a wedding. It was fresh, tasty, and the variety of appetizers as well as seafood was great. There was a carving station with delicious prime rib, and a pasta cook-to-order station with choice of veggies, meat, and sauces. Also, a seafood entree was offered as well.
Service was great, location lovely, food delicious. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting to have an enjoyable smallish wedding (maybe up to 125 guests?).
At sunset, you may be treated by a spectacularly gorgeous sunset, but just know that if your wedding is an hour or two prior to sunset, the guests are staring into the setting sun behind the couple

Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at The Boathouse at Sunday Park. I am glad you enjoyed the wedding you attended - and that the food surpassed your expectations.
Anne Roy
“Good happy hour, overpriced dinner”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

They have a pretty good happy hour with drink discounts and half priced pizza on the deck. Pizzas were good and they have a nice drink selection. However, the regular dinner menu is over priced for the quality of food. It is a very nice and romantic spot overlooking the swift creek reservoir, so I guess you are paying for ambiance.

1 Thank sethwvu
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your dinner at the Boathouse at Sunday Park.Your comments have been shared with the Executive Chef.
We hope to see you again soon. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make The Boathouse experience better for all guests.
Richmond, Virginia
“A great experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

well I see the bad reviews, but I have to say that my experience was enjoyable. A great place to take a date. Nice view of the lakefront, nice ambience. I ordered crab puppies as an appetizer which were incredible and my wife's oysters were good as well. Bread brought over to the table was tasty. The crab cake sandwich that I ordered was charred (intentionally, believe it was a brick grill?) so this took a little adjustment, but was still tasty. Virtually no filler in this crab sandwich (all real crab). Small draught beer selection, but at least they did have one locally brewed beer on tap. Nice deck sitting at the edge of the water, decent bar (one inside and one outside). Weeknights I don't think reservations are necessary, but based on my experience with the Boathouse at Rockets Landing I would definitely make reservations for Friday through Sunday. Will have to keep an eye on their schedule for music on the patio, but definitely will be going back if for no other reason than to grab a beer and sit on the deck!

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for the great review of The Boathouse at Sunday Park. We have live music on Thursday and Friday evenings through the summer, and during Sunday brunch.
We hope to see you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We Waited So Long for Our Lunch We Left without Eating”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our first time at the Boathouse on Father's Day. I had read a lot of bad reviews on the Internet, but a friend had highly recommended the Brunch, so I made reservations for Sunday, Father's Day. We were seated almost right away at 12:45 pm, which the reservation was made for. I loved the restaurant itself. At 2:00 we still had not been served our meal. We had a table of FOUR people. The waitress brought us TWO complimentary biscuits to eat in case we "had gotten hungry while waiting for our meal." A couple of tables that arrived AFTER us were both served their meals before us. We were constantly assured by the waitress and another gentlemen our food would arrive at any second. By around 2:15 (an hour and a half) of being seated, we got up and left. The manager was very apologetic and gave me a gift certificate. I realize it was a very busy day, but we did NOT order anything out of the ordinary, we were early for our reservation, and others were served their meals AFTER we got there! We all were VERY disappointed in this restaurant. The bad reviews I had read were all true!! What a shame because the restaurant is very nice but I do not know what the food taste like! AR

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Anne R
We apologize that you were unhappy with your experience at The Boathouse at Sunday Park. Obviously, we encountered some challenges on Father's Day during brunch that we were not able to overcome. I hope you will use the gift card that the manager gave you and give us a chance to give you a better impression of The Boathouse.