Open today: Closed

Reviewed 1 August 2018
Lori C
Bedford, Virginia
via mobile

All reviews horseback riders horses fishing trail
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Had a group of six and we had an amazing evening trail ride! Nice staff who took the time to pair the right horse and rider and made sure we were comfortable and having fun the entire time. No personal cameras or cell phones on trail rides so you are reliant on your guide to take pictures. We got some great staged shots, but some candids would have been great. Love that they post the pics to their social media instead of charging you extra for them. Excellent experience.

1  Thank Stacey C
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Spring Valley Farm hosts western games open to the public every month. We had a wonderful time. The games consisted of different types of barrel races and other games that all the riders enjoyed. The staff and amenities are excellent. They also have ponds to fish in, carriage rides, petting zoo, bon fires,in ground pool, cabin rentals, and host paint nights. They have so much to offer. They have something for any age group. My friends and I will be back.

2  Thank Lori C
Spring Valley F, Manager at Spring Valley Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

So glad to hear you had a good time and look forward to your returning visits!!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This was a very special ride for me and my family. It was the final thing to do on our short bucket list before I have cancer surgery. The staff was friendly and helpful. The horses were in good condition and well cared for. This is not your typical trail ride where the horses just follow each other mindlessly. We actually had control of our horses and were able to trot through the open fields. The variety of views, landscape, and farm life along the ride was so beautiful and relaxing. Just the combination of the thrill of the ride mixed with the peacefulness or our surroundings made it the perfect ending to our day. I will cherish the memories made today for the rest of my life.

1  Thank T G
Spring Valley F, Manager at Spring Valley Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

We are beyond pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience! We wish you the best with your surgery and feel blessed you chose Spring Valley Farm for your memories. !!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My 5 year old granddaughter has been taking lessons at SVF for the past year. We love it there, so much that we have bought 3 horses from them. I would not buy a horse from anyone else. We love the Simmons family and all of our "barn family". This farm is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth. The trail rides are amazing!! They even have a petting zoo for the younger kids. We love staying overnight at the cabins and look forward to many more years of enjoying this family and their farm.

1  Thank mpauley68
Spring Valley F, Manager at Spring Valley Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Absolutely thrilled to hear you enjoy being a part of the barn family! We love having it feel like everyone is extended family and having that family grow more and more!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I ride the trails frequently at Spring Valley. They have affordable rates and great trails! The horses are very well taken care of and pleasant to ride. Every time we have rode we have had great instructors!

They also have cabin rentals available that come with fishing. Super cute! You can check them out on the trail rides!

Bring your boots and saddle up!

1  Thank Go567289
Spring Valley F, Manager at Spring Valley Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are proud to offer our services and location to the public to enjoy! So happy to hear you come frequently!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I love horses and was very excited to ride with my family. We got there a little early and had to wait for the rest of the people who were coming to arrive. I didn't mind because I was able to pet and love on all the horses while I waited. Cute baby goats. We all loved it and I would have done it again if we had the time. We went at 10 and by the time we got back we were sweating. I wouldn't have wanted to do it in the afternoon. The trail people were nice. They made it fun. I got to gallop a little. They said we could roam a little but when I tried too there was a young girl who kept telling me to stay with the group. She was a little less friendly but you probably need someone who will keep things in order. Don't let the horses eat the grass!

1  Thank themills4

Thank you for your wonderful review~! Hope you decide to come back and join us again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I have been horseback riding here several times...with my sister and also with my granddaughter. Chad is a great guy that tries very hard to ensure that each rider has an enjoyable experience. He loves all the animals on the farm and is a hard-working guy. He always has a smile for everyone!

2  Thank Carol W

So glad you had a wonderful time! Hope you continue to return and enjoy all we have going on!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This is such an awesome place to go horseback riding! My husband, daughter, and I had such a wonderful time! The barn is well kept and the property is so scenic with mountain views and rolling hills. Chad and everyone at the farm were friendly and helpful. We can't say enough about our experience! We enjoyed it so much that we look forward to going back again before the summer ends!!!

1  Thank jozamm

So very happy to hear about your pleasant experience and outcome from your ride with us! Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Found them through groupon a nd fell in love. Even tried to come back the next day for a ride with some friends.. are going back June 2017 for a night in the cabins!

1  Thank Ammy M

Hope you continue to join us for horseback riding and more!~ We truly enjoy sharing all we have with the public!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We had to wait over an hour for the staff to get the horses ready for our scheduled ride. The horses we had were very old and looked like they needed to be washed. Our tour guide Shelly was very knowledgeable and informative. The trail does not involve walking through a woodsey mountain path or anything like that is basically just taking a trip around the edges of a farm on grassland...going up a hill and down a hill. It is scenic though and it was enjoyable riding the beasts.

1  Thank originalkeithb

I apologize for the issues you experienced. The extended wait is not normal at our facility, but as is quite understandable when working with animals, schedules are hard. We have two trails we alternate between, one is a field trail, that we take during certain times of the year, including any hunting seasons, and when there has been recent weather to cause footing issues on the other trail. I hope that you would consider returning and enjoying a ride with us that is more of our regular performance.