“So much to offer”

Spring Valley Farm
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Moneta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spring Valley Farm is a premiere horseback riding, boarding, and training facility in Moneta, Virginia. Family-owned and operated for generations, this 500+ acre equine operation boasts a variety of services from horseback riding lessons for riders of all skill levels, trail rides for the public, and cabin rentals to wedding carriage services, boarding options for horse owners, birthday party packages, and much, much more! Nestled in the heart of Virginia, Spring Valley is a short, convenient drive to Lynchburg, Roanoke, and Bedford. Only five minutes and you're at Smith Mountain Lake for water adventures. We are a local business so we are very flexible and happy to accommodate any request! We are A+ rated with the BBB!!
Reviewed 22 February 2018

My 5 year old granddaughter has been taking lessons at SVF for the past year. We love it there, so much that we have bought 3 horses from them. I would not buy a horse from anyone else. We love the Simmons family and all of our "barn family". This farm is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth. The trail rides are amazing!! They even have a petting zoo for the younger kids. We love staying overnight at the cabins and look forward to many more years of enjoying this family and their farm.

Spring Valley F, Manager at Spring Valley Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Absolutely thrilled to hear you enjoy being a part of the barn family! We love having it feel like everyone is extended family and having that family grow more and more!

All reviews
in 8 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
19145
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I ride the trails frequently at Spring Valley. They have affordable rates and great trails! The horses are very well taken care of and pleasant to ride. Every time we have rode we have had great instructors!

They also have cabin rentals available that come with fishing. Super cute! You can check them out on the trail rides!

Bring your boots and saddle up!

Spring Valley F, Manager at Spring Valley Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are proud to offer our services and location to the public to enjoy! So happy to hear you come frequently!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I love horses and was very excited to ride with my family. We got there a little early and had to wait for the rest of the people who were coming to arrive. I didn't mind because I was able to pet and love on all the horses while I waited. Cute baby goats. We all loved it and I would have done it again if we had the time. We went at 10 and by the time we got back we were sweating. I wouldn't have wanted to do it in the afternoon. The trail people were nice. They made it fun. I got to gallop a little. They said we could roam a little but when I tried too there was a young girl who kept telling me to stay with the group. She was a little less friendly but you probably need someone who will keep things in order. Don't let the horses eat the grass!

Thank you for your wonderful review~! Hope you decide to come back and join us again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I have been horseback riding here several times...with my sister and also with my granddaughter. Chad is a great guy that tries very hard to ensure that each rider has an enjoyable experience. He loves all the animals on the farm and is a hard-working guy. He always has a smile for everyone!

1  Thank Carol W

So glad you had a wonderful time! Hope you continue to return and enjoy all we have going on!

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This is such an awesome place to go horseback riding! My husband, daughter, and I had such a wonderful time! The barn is well kept and the property is so scenic with mountain views and rolling hills. Chad and everyone at the farm were friendly and helpful. We can't say enough about our experience! We enjoyed it so much that we look forward to going back again before the summer ends!!!

So very happy to hear about your pleasant experience and outcome from your ride with us! Hope to see you back soon!

Been to Spring Valley Farm? Share your experiences!