US$62
Eastside Suites(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$111
US$99
All reviewsnice campgroundcamp storefamily campgrounddeluxe cabinjames rivernice poolenjoyed our staybathhousewifihosts
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The campground was clean, but the compliments end there. I arrived to spend the day with my family, and they charged me the visitor pass for 3 people... When it was me and my 2 babies! Babies are supposed to be free. Furthermore, they went around in their golf carts every 20 minutes policing the area. We saw them pointing and wagging there fingers at campsite after campsite. We werent allowed to have our kids Tee-pee up because it looked like a tent (at first we were, then 20 minutes later they came back and said we couldnt have it anymore), we werent allowed to get sticks because we might use it for firewood, we walked in on them at the shop as they were rudly discussing my family and the fact we had so many kids. My sister and I were sitting at an empty picnic table and the owner came over. She asked if we were okay. We told her we were just talking, taking a break from all the kids. "I just came to check on you..." She proceeded to say, "well, is somebody watching them, i hope?" Of course we had someone watching the children! I didnt know we werent allowed to sit at a picnic table, during the day, doing nothing but sitting there, without being spoken to about it. When the kids were playing on the playground one of the workers addressed the CHILDREN about a problem with something they were doing wrong, and did not even bother to address the adults. It was only after I stopped him and asked if there was a problem that he told me what was wrong. Final complaint is the wi-fi. Warning: ITS NOT UNLIMITED. they state that it may go in and out due to clouds. Today was a cloudless day, and about every 30 minutes access was cut off. Internet was "unavailable." They monitor your time/usage and after a while you have to forget the network and sign back in! This is not a family friendly campground. If your a retired couple and are looking for a quiet place to relax, great! This is the place for you. But, if you have a family and kids, I dont recommend it. Strict rules, rude staff, and you feel like they are watching you every second of the day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Nice campground. We were there for our oldest's graduation from Liberty University. It was peaceful and the staff was friendly, courteous and a pleasure to deal with. The owner was accommodating when we needed and extra two guests. She also was as nice as she could be. The only drawback was wifi but that's not their fault, it's the location. I would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The campground was clean and quiet. Facilities are adequate although the shower stalls are small. Friendly staff. No cell service with AT&T and WiFi is poor. Fairly remote but lots to do in the area. The James river foot bridge on the AT is close by and offers up lots of hiking

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We have camped at a lot of KOA's across the country and have encountered so many happy and helpful workers. This KOA is under the strict command of the female owner. Don't arrive before 2:00pm to check in or its $20 more. Rules you don't encounter at other KOA's also. Should have guessed something was up since I could count the number of other campers on two hands.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Reigel
Reviewed 30 April 2018

My husband and I and our dogs spent two nights in our rv at this koa. We were truly sorry to have to leave it. This place was impeccably maintained, exquisite scenery, nice sites, cleanest bathrooms, and friendly staff. Pride of ownership exudes from every detail of this campground. Great dog park, fabulous playground and beautiful walking trails. Only downside is the internet but hey, you’re camping. We will be returning again and again! Rules are enforced to maintain the quality of this place so if you want to party and go wild, this place is not for you.

Room Tip: If you like maximum privacy, we recommend the back in sites, the cabins were also adorable and the tent sites are by a lovely pond.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple