“Perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montross
The Inn at Montross
Ranked #1 of 1 Montross B&B and Inns
Hampton, Virginia
“Perfection”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife found a good deal on Living Social which we used recently to celebrate my birthday. This is the best B&B that we have ever encountered! The owners, Ken and Cindy, were most personable and treated us like close friends. Since Cindy is a culinary school graduate, the food was outstanding. A gourmet dinner is available Thursday through Saturday and an epic brunch is offered on Sunday. The inn itself is lovely, impeccably decorated, and very comfortable. Lots to do nearby - golf, wineries, historic sites and waterfront villages.

Room Tip: All 5 rooms were pretty much the same but the two furtherest from the stairs would be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I purchased a great deal on Livingsocial for a wine touring package and weekend stay for 2 at The Inn at Montross for a GREAT price! I wasn't sure what to expect since this was my first Livingsocial vacation purchase, and my first time staying at a B&B. It was a great experience! The Inn is beautiful! The rooms are elegant and clean, comfortable beds, and the food and hospitality are excellent! There were more wineries in the area than we could ever possibly see in a day, and all within a very very short driving distance. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. I also highly suggest you have dinner at the Inn at least one night, as well as join in on the Sunday brunch...you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tidewater, VA
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I spent Easter weekend 2014 at the Inn at Montross & loved it. The owners & staff were gracious & extremely accommodating. I enjoyed the bar area & fireplace as well as the well stocked library upstairs. Every room in the inn was cheeful, light & cozy. All the guest rooms were appealing & the food was delicious. I ate Fri. night dinner (extensive menu & desserts) & Sun. brunch (really special!). There is plenty to do within a 20 minute drive -- great wineries, Stratford Hall, etc. I explored a bit past Hague & found Cole's Point & even some homegrown bluegrass/country music. I can't wait to return! Thank you -- this was one of the best Easter's I've ever had.

Room Tip: They were all lovely. I'm partial to the Stratford, General Washington & Potomac rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Virginia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Beautiful inn with delcious food close to Stratford Hall, Wakefield, Washington's birthplace and Ingelside winery (and Westermoreland Berry Farm during season.) Did not spend the night althought there were several out of state guests staying there while we were dining there. Staff very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

90-minutes from Richmond, a night away from the kids to celebrate our 18th, and found this B&B on TripAdvisor. We arrived at this two-story yellow 19th Century house with inviting front porch and rockers in late afternoon, fire in the fireplace, owner-chef greeting us by first name and offering a cocktail, as if we were long lost family. Our room on the second floor was deliciously quiet, just birds chirping, and decorated with the plastic flowers and tacky flower paintings my Mom filled our house with, so felt right at home. Comfortable bed and pillows, soft sheets, silent heater, modern walk-in shower. No tv, but open free wi-fi, if ya gotta do media. We went down for dinner at 7, and we were frankly amazed at the delightful meal in this out of the way country town. My favorite was a scallop/creamed grits/bacon appetizer, but my filet (local Angus) was fork tender, perfectly medium-rare and so flavorful! My wife had a shrimp dish that was just as good. We had local wines that were also first rate, from Hague Vineyard. Heavy rain all night and nowhere to go, so slept in and wandered downstairs at 11 for a brunch that was yet another delight -- homemade waffles with homemade jams, omelets, etc. Locals came in for this and you could tell it's a regular spot for celebrations in the area. We had to go. Kids were waiting at home. But such a relaxing stay and such friendly, professional attentiveness, exactly when needed, and left to our quiet room, when also needed. Love this place, and thank TripAdvisor for tipping us to it!

Room Tip: We took the Garden Room in back, and it was so wonderfully quiet!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Can't say enough positive things about our weekend staying at the Inn. The staff were wonderful, warm, and inviting. From the second we walked through the door until we left, we felt at home here. The bar area was a great place to mingle with other guests before and after dinner. The food here was absolutely delicious!!!! I recommend everybody, even if not staying here, to visit for dinner and brunch at least. The area is full of history and is a great place to visit local wineries as well. My wife and I will definitely be coming back for a visit soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Montross, Virginia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had my husband's 70th birthday dinner at the Inn at Montross. We had the large table in the "office" for the 8 of us. It was a perfect evening. The staff were attentive and friendly. 3 of us had the Salmon Wellington which was so tasty and 3 of us had the best meatloaf I have ever tasted, made from local grass fed beef. The vegetables were less perfectly cooked too. Thank you all for marking Randy`s birthday so special.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montross
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Montross
Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast
Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 7 in Colonial Beach

Been to The Inn at Montross? Share your experiences!