“What a letdown”

Green Valley Book Fair
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I went to this book fair with high expectations of finding really great deals on books. I walked away without a single purchase. Trust me...I am a reader and I was disappointed to say the least. I even looked at childrens books for family members and couldn't find a single thing worth buying.

5  Thank BeachTraveler1025

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have visit the book fair at least once during their open times (they are open on specific dates, not all of the time). Find a lot of bargains.

1  Thank USArmyMom22846
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Even though its only open a few times a year, it's a fantastic place to find some great reads for a great price. Three floors of books ranging from fiction an kids to cool books and travel. Excellent selection.

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We have never been to this before today. As an avid reading family we decided to check it out on our way to the second week of vacation. There are thousands of books for everyone. The one author they did not have was Lee Child but that forced me to expand and I picked up someone else.

1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have been going to the Green Valley Book Fair for many years, and it's always a treat. Set in a lovely, pastoral part of the Shenandoah Valley - but only minutes from I-81 - the Book Fair offers hundreds of thousands of new, recently remaindered books at terrific discounts.

It's fun for the whole family. There are enormous sections devoted to children's and juvenile literature, cookbooks, coffee table books, etc. There are also large sections of classical literature, fiction, poetry, and weighty non-fiction.

Perhaps the best thing about the Book Fair is the community feel of the place. It's a small enterprise, with a family feel. And pretty much everyone there - employees as well as customers - is a reader, so it's not hard to strike up a conversation with a total stranger.

One caution: The Book Fair is only open six times a year - for three weekends and the two intervening weeks. Check the website for dates.

1  Thank Brabantio