“Worst hotel experience EVER!!!!!!”

Budget Inn Nassawadox
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nassawadox
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Very rude foreign man running the hotel. I got a room that was musty (probably because they don't set the A/C when nobody is in the room and it was 95 degrees) and it affected my allergies - literally could not breathe. The man said I was in the room too long to move to another, even though I was out for the day and had to wait to see if two Benadryl would work. He didn't want to hear it. The older woman who ran the desk at night was not any better.

The only reason they are still in business is there is a shortage of hotels on that part of the Maryland eastern shore. I tried to get another room at any other hotel within 100 miles north in July and there were not any. This was absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The problem wasnt with the hotel room itself but with the staff. The manager, from what I understand, it an older lady but she was nice. There is a foreign man who works there, I'm not sure what nationality. He is absolutely rude and has no customer service skills whatsoever. He does not care about the customer and has no interest in helping them at all.

There was a very large outdoor party across the street and a fight broke out and moved into the hotel parking lot. The police had to come and pepper spray them all. A drunk woman also hit something in front of the hotel and had to be arrested.

I will never go back to this hotel, it may be easier on the pocket, but you definately get what you pay for. In this case, $60 will get you rude, sarcastic, and snide treatment. Definately do not recommend this for any human being.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel all together.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alan L

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Upon arrival we requested a late check out (as this was a benefit for being a member of the America's Value Club) This was not granted by the owner Our room was in another building at least 50 yards from the main inn, with no ice machine available. For ice you would need to drive or walk at least 50 yards (just one way). The room was very poor maintained. There was only 1/2 roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, a very small refrigerator, no microwave, no air dryer (as advertised). There was an auto air freshener hanging from the ceiling. A dead fly on the window sill and screen torn in the window. I had asked for a handicap bathroom. What we given for handicap bathroom was to two handles which had to be attached to a very low toilet seat. We wil not stay at this place again and we do not recommend this facility to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay at another location
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank James B
Reviewed 12 July 2011

After a long drive from NJ, we needed a place to sleep Friday night 4th of july weekend, we didn't have a reservation & stopped at 3 chain hotels at 10 o'clock at night with the kids getting crankie & mom & dad tired our last stop was Americas inn they had a few rooms left, it was pricey what what do we expect just winging it, i was very happy to have a nice Clean Room!! It was a pleasant surprise !! & the bay bridge was only about 45 mins away, made for a nice morning ride over the bridge!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank NJ-sunshine3
paul p, Manager at Budget Inn Nassawadox, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear NJ-sunshine3,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and cozy guestrooms. If you should return to the area next time, we would like the opportunity to serve you again.

Kindest regards,

Paul-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Nassawadox, VA

Reviewed 18 June 2011

We had booked this hotel online, choices are limited in this part of the island.
The front desk was very unfriendly, the room very smelly and the bathroom dirty.
Free internet only worked outside the room. They do charge for additional people but don't provide additional towels, soap etc. unless you insist.
We did enjoy a great dinner at El Maguey Mexican Restaurant which made up for the unfriendly welcome.
If you don't have to spend the night in Nassawadox, keep driving.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank WhyWeTravel

Dear WhyWeTravel,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We do have extra towels available at the front desk. Please call the front desk and we will provide those to you. We hope that you stay with us again or another one of our locations across the Country.

Regards,
Paul-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Nassawadox, VA

Reviewed 1 November 2010

I will never go back to this hotel, it may be easier on the pocket, but you definately get what you pay for. In this case, $60 will get you rude, sarcastic, and snide treatment. Definately do not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank serenityrei
abvinassawadox, Owner at Budget Inn Nassawadox, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Dear traveler,

Thank you for considering us for your lodging needs. We're sorry we weren't able to provide you with what you were looking for. Please let us know how we could better serve you in the future.

Paul Patel-Owner
Americas Best Value Inn-Nassawadox, VA

Reviewed 5 January 2009

I have stayed here only because it is the only one our company will allow usto stay at. The rooms are not very well cleaned. the beds need replacing and the smell in these rooms is awful. I need to leave the door open so the fresh air comes in . The manager and his family live here and are very nosey the kids try to look in your windows and they run all around the place. I really hate to have to stay at this hotel. There are spider webs in the corners and bathrooms.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dlw21849
Reviewed 9 February 2007

I was traveling with friends and they booked this room for me. We got in about 11P at night and the 1st thing that was shocking were the spider webs with very large spiders all along the railings of the balconies to the second floor. Upon entering the rooms the first thing we noticed were the floorboard things not actually meeting the carpet. There were gaps! It was very tacky and the first thing I thought of was cockroaches coming out. The bathroom was rotted by the tub and their were hairs in my friends room's tub! We quickly decided not to stay and went down to "check out." I sat in the car as my friend went into check out. The manager (yes manager) was extremely rude to my friend and said the rooms were not dirty. He also degraded us by saying we wouldn't be able to find a room until we got to Norfolk. We did not care, we were not going to stay here! Never consider this place even if you have to stay 2 hours away!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank NatlParkTraveler

Been to Budget Inn Nassawadox? Share your experiences!