“Expected More!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Natural Bridge
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Expected More!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel has received a lot of publicity because of its historical background and I really expected something very special. We stopped there for one night on our way back from Nashville. Located in a beautiful area of Virginia, this hotel, is pretty much the only one in town. We were relegated to the Terrace section. A more modern addition. While our room appeared to be nicely appointed, once we settled in, it left much to be desired. It was very musty smelling. Did not smell clean. The bathroom was dimly lit, tiles were missing from the floor and it was not clean to our standards. We found bugs and hair on the bathroom floor. We were also given a handicapped room, which we found unusual, as neither of us are handicapped and the hotel was far from full. The beds could use new mattresses. Very soft. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms in the historic part of the hotel are better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank UrbanMonkey48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Etowah, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were driving home from our 2 week vacation and on a whim decided to stay here for the night in one of their cottages. It is very reasonably priced. The check-in was fast and the clerk was very friendy and helpful. Yes, it is dated but we loved it! It was very clean and had all the amentities that we needed. Next time, we hope to stay here longer to explore the area. It is beautiful!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K F
Indian Land, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff at this hotel is great. I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door. The front desk people took outstanding care of me and had a smile during the whole process. The room was OK. My carpet was badly stained and needs to be replaced. The furniture is not antique, it is old, very chipped, broken, and needs to be cleaned and burned. I don't like the towels. They were very clean and there was an ample supply. They are made from polyester. They do not absorb water. The best I could get my body after a shower was damp. I know they are working on remolding, I sure didn't get it.
The first night I had dinner in the Red Fox Bar as the dining room doesn't open until 5:30pm for dinner and I needed to go out at 7:00pm. The service was great. The food was very good.
Check out was a nightmare. They use a very old, very slow system along with a tree full of paperwork. I haven't had this long of a checkout in 30 years.

Room Tip: From what other reviewers posted, ask for a remolded room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chester, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in and got us a balcony room with a great view of the mountains. They've done some good work in updating the place. Yeah the tv may be old but we're not here for the tv. Food was good there we had dinner and breakfast and prices weren't bad. I will return when I'm out that way.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Natural Bridge Hotel on May 25th, 2014. My room was very clean and comfortable. I see some reviewers complain about the rooms, but I guess mine was newly renovated (I stayed at the main building), everything was spotless, plenty of plush towels. The staff was very friendly, explained everything I wanted to know and beyond. A generous southern breakfast was served in a big dining room. The location was excellent, very short walk to the Natural Bridge park entrance. I really liked the grand architecture of the hotel. Also there is a 3 mile hiking/running trail behind the hotel with picnic tables. The price was very good for the value and location. In addition, the hotel is offering a family package with tickets to the Natural Bridge, nearby caves and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rural Hall, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a very nice place to stay rooms were clean and the people helpful and very nice enjoyed staying there.It is close to everything we wanted to do.If this is something you like to do Natural Bridge is the place to go and see and be sure to stay at Natural Bridge Hotel .They gave us some wonderful discounts.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhonda B
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Clean room. Friendly staff. Good food and very pleasant service in the dining room - a full breakfast (not continental). Evidently now under new management which is making improvements. The "family package" is a great bargain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#9 of 16 in Lexington
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#10 of 16 in Lexington

Been to Natural Bridge Park Historic Hotel? Share your experiences!