“Old construction as expected from Historical Hotel”

Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Natural Bridge
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We arrived hotel on Thursday evening at 7:00 pm. Checkin time was average. I had reservation and later change my room with family package that include Natural Bridge light & drama, Natural Bridge and Cavern tickets with complimentary breakfast. Otherwise you have to pay for breakfast as in general there was no complimentary breakfast. I suggest that one should by this package as it help to save few bucks and avoid ques. Apart from Hotel restaurant, there is no other restaurant nearby. we are vegetarian and did not find any option for dinner in their restaurant. Scenic view from room was good. Rooms interior and Television were very old. No Fridge and microwave in room. Mobile phone signal were poor in that area. Natural Bridge and Cavern are near to this Hotel. Overall just average stay

Room Tip: Choose Mountain view room prefer with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My overall rating is negative zero but I could not submit review without putting in 1 mark. When we finally arrived at this Hotel it was after 8pm. First upon check in we were told that we did not have a reservation even though we made an online reservation. After straightening that out it was already 8:50pm and we asked about food and were told the hotel restaurant closes at 9pm. We went up to the room and it smelled horrid and I saw the beds with wrinkly sheets and checked further to notice that the sheets and comforters had NOT been changed. I called the front desk to report this and asked for someone to change sheets. The girl at the front desk came up to check and told us that housekeeping went home at 4pm but she would do it herself. I checked bathroom for cleanliness and found the bathtub had green stuff in it, I was told it was from the water. This was the dirtiest hotel room I have ever seen! The carpet looks like it hasn't been cleaned in 100 years. The hotel is Very noisy. I heard toilets flushing all night and other strange noises that kept me up all night. The bed was quite uncomfortable and the pillows were beyond worn out and had an unpleasant odor. It was suggested to us to go into Lexington for dinner as this was the only option for food. This hotel is negative ZERO!!! Drive another hour rather than stay at this place

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank D P
Reviewed 17 August 2014

this was the scariest place we've ever been seriously unless you like chasing ghosts or spirits do not even consider booking this hotel. We felt like we were in a movie the whole time and everybody else was actors even at breakfast it was scary I felt like the bacon was from made from a human not a pig seriously. And with the wax museum across the street we could visualize the move House of Wax coming to life. the entire night we kept hearing drilling noises coming from the other room and someone walking on top of our floor on the 4th and we were on the third floor and later found out there was no floor above us which really freaked us out. we got zero sleep but the good point was the bed was comfortable while we stayed awake praying for daylight.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank treetopflyer88
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday around 6pm, after driving around in circles for the first 10 minutes we managed to find parking in the rear of the property which instantly disturbed us as it was dirty looking and appeared to be run down, we arrived and checked in, looked like an old building but the lobby was nice and the elderly lady who checked us in was very pleasant, however we quickly learned that breakfast wasn't included which wasn't what our confirmation email started, but instead of arguing we decided to enjoy a stress free romantic anniversary away..... We arrive to our third floor room with our door already cracked open, not a good sign, our room did not have the king bed we requested or a mountain view, instead a few of the rear parking lot and 2 twin beds, so I attempt to use their free wifi to see where in the area we could eat, out of 3 devises the only wifi I picked up was through my cellphone and it was barely useable. The next morning we wake after a restless night (ac unit made the strangest noise and my bed sounded like it was going to fall apart) shower pressure was appalling we couldn't wait to leave and explore the area, needless to say it wasn't what it appeared online and we checked out as soon as we could, the area itself is amazingly beautiful and I would recommend natural bridge to everybody. I do not write this's review to ruin the hotel at all I just hope they renovate and fix what issues it has it has potential and it would be great to return to the area someday

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Booked for 3 nights and barely made it through the first. When we arrived at 8pm and walked into the lobby the smell of bad fish permeated. It was, I was told, the seafood buffet. We were glad we missed it. Then the fun started. First room they gave us smelled like mold and cigarettes. Second room was filthy and had actual growth in the shower. The third room was just as bad as the other two so we got on our iPhones and iPads and tried to find another hotel. No luck. We expressed our disappointment rather directly with the management who were really trying to be accommodating. We had no other choice but to stay the night, basically fully dressed in bed, and figure out our next steps in the morning. The morning could not have come quick enough. Mattress and pillows that should have been tossed 10 years ago, yellowing, thin sheets, torn blankets, shower and sink that were stained filthy and a loud smelly A/C. We were out of the room at 5am with hardly any sleep, found a room at the Hampton Inn in Lexington, told the front desk we were leaving and they didn't charge us for anything. I understand that the hotel is under new management and will be going through a renovation soon. Don't stay there until they complete it. Oh and that fish smell was still there in the morning when we came downstairs.

Room Tip: Don't book a room there until renovations are completed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

If you are looking for a quiet hotel with a standard breakfast, and much better dinner this is the place. The internet access is slow, but no drops. If you have a problem, a quick unplug and plug back in worked for me. Don't expect to view Netflix but basic emails were sent and larger files took a lot longer.
It appears that they do a good job of reading this website and addressing concerns, so the room had a small but suitable flat screen, and was clean. They are still renovating quite a bit and it shows that all the staff were very helpful and ready to take care of anything we needed, from the front desk, waiting staff at the pub or restaurant, to the maintenance staff when I got lost downstairs. Every one of the employees we encountered was pleasant.
Even though the view has highway 11 running through it, I still enjoyed sitting outside on the 2nd floor balcony with a cold, local beer and looking at the mountains.
One star lost because the hotel still needs a bit more work. Maybe fix the speed of the internet or my wife said to reupholster or replace some of the more worn and stained furniture, clean the hallway carpets, and clean and patch the hallway walls. Overall, our family had a nice and enjoyable stay at this grand hotel that we hope is on its way to making a comeback.

Room Tip: Get the view/balcony, still worth the price.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This was by far the worst hotel to stay at. Pipes rattling at all hours of the night...could not get any sleep! Chrome handle commercial toilet. My husband and I thought it was the spookiest place we have ever stayed! Do not go unless you are a ghost chaser! Breakfast was terrible! Parking was terrible!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Bedford
14 mi away
Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge
Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center

Been to Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!