“A Must-See When In Natural Bridge, VA”
Review of Foamhenge - CLOSED

Foamhenge
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you're driving by I-81 in the Natural Bridge, VA, make sure to stop by Foamhenge -- an exact-size replica of the mysterious Stonehenge landmark in the UK. Located in the middle of a field in between the Virginia Safari Park and Natural Bridge on the side of Route 11, it's a free treat that will surely make you smile. Make sure to check your GPS as the entrance is an unmarked dirt road, but behind the trees and on the hills is this peon to American creativity and kitsch.

There are newer reviews for Foamhenge

Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's quirky and funny, but it is also quite impressive as a work of art. I had read about it somewhere and realized I'd be in the area on a road trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains (ended up that I would have driven right by it whether or not I knew it was there). Even looking for it, I think I drove past the first time. I drove up the little hill (4 wheel drive) and was genuinely excited at my first glimpse. I spent about a half hour walking around and taking pictures. I'm not convinced it would be worth it's own destination, BUT if you are going to be anywhere near the area it is a must see. I was disappointed that the Dinosaur Park (same sculptor) was closed due to fire.

2  Thank Bob6189
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a total photo op if you can't make it to England. Its in a field- no admission price, so get out of your car and snap some memories. Maybe a 30 minute stop.

1  Thank elvisatc
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We read lots of reviews and wanted to see this place. It's a fun, quick stop on your way to or from Natural Bridge. We really enjoyed the little signs that the owner posted (pretty funny), and it was a fun, quirky thing to see. Worth a 5-10 min stop to see it.

1  Thank carrie h
Reviewed 11 July 2014

While driving along we stumbled on a sign which stated "Foamhenge" . Being curious, I whipped the Wagon Queen Family Truckster around for a look. We parked the car and with tongue firmly in cheek, walked up the hill. Lo and behold, there it was. Yeah it's a bit run down but it's the closest we will get to the real thing for a while. Should you go out of your way? Depends on your sense of humor. If touching the world's largest ball of twine or the Rockport Newspaper House excite you, then by all means, make the visit. By the way, according to Roadside America, it is perfectly OK to walk around the locked chain.