“Great Family Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natural Bridge Station
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge
Reviewed 12 June 2012

First ever camping trip with my husband and two boys (ages 9 and 4). Despite the fact that I was sick with a cold and the overnight lows were in the 50's which caused us to cut our trip short by one night, we had an amazing stay at Jellystone! Twin water slides were perfect for my 9 year old, and the Splash Island water park was perfect for my 4 year old. Swimming pool was a little smaller than I had hoped it would be, but still adequate. The kids also loved the jumping pillows! The campsites were a little bit close together for my taste, and I would definitely recommend good bug repellant if you are camping in any of the river sites, as the area is prone to deer flies. (Those suckers hurt like crazy when they bite!) Bath facilities were the cleanest I have ever encountered at a campground (and I have been to many campgrounds as a child/young adult). Staff was nothing but pleasant, and the kids loved having their picture made with Yogi, Boo Boo, and Cindy Bear. We will definitely be back soon. Please disregard a lot of these negative reviews and give this park a try.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jessica H
There are newer reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I haven't been camping in over 15 years! I loved this park.It had all that you would want for a semi-first time camping trip! I went with my husband and 3 small children (ages- 2,7, & 8) they loved it here! I would recommend it. We will be going back!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dragonflyprincess
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Great place for everyone...kids enjoyed the slides & jumping pillows the most! The staff was nice and our accommodations (small deluxe cabin) were just right! - Liz Va Beach

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank massavabeach
Reviewed 22 July 2011

After reading the negative reviews I was worried, but we had the best experience! We traveled there July 19-21 and had the best experience! The entire staff from maitenance, cooks, rec staff, everyone was just so friendly and eager to help! I've never been there before and truly didn't know what to expect! The cabin was clean and exactly what I thought it would be. It is a camping "resort" so I'm not sure what other people are expecting! It's in the woods, there are bugs and the cabin isn't luxurious! HOWEVER!!!! It's exactly what we thought it would be! A place to sleep for the kids, my husband and myself, a tiny kitchen and a bathroom! It was perfect! I love that you can buy a bundle of wood at the ranger store for campfires! The golf cart is a must! With 3 kids with us ages 5,7,9 and being at the upper site, it was perfect for riding around and going to the river, water area and back to the cabin. The water park is perfect! You can stay at the pool, water slides, pillow jump, the lake/pond, or go to the river! All right next to each other! There are kids' activities almost on the hour and the rec staff of teenagers were so great with all ages of children!!! I'm so impressed and we can't wait to go back! I highly recommend to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank punsmamma
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We loved this campground. We took two 7 year old girls with us and they had a blast. The facilities are clean. The campground was full, but we still had our privacy. Our site was level and the girls rode their bikes without worrying about traffic. This place is designed for kids. They had a full schedule for the entire weekend. Almost an activity every hour! The river is a great place for kids to splash around and even fish. The pool was nice and clean. The waterslides never had a line and the putt-putt was a favorite. The beach and swim lake are perfect for younger kids. Please ignore the negative reviews. The staff was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank rlwhite2003
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Sorry to read the negative reviews on this camp resort, but everyone has their own experiences. I'd like to share ours, good and bad, because I appreciate all reviews I read also.

We and two other families picked this Jellystone for our annual Memorial Day getaway because we loved Luray Jellystone and don't like to go to the same place twice. We all stayed in the biggest cabins, large deluxe I think, and although we are camper and tent campers, we stay in cabins for this weekend always.

We checked in at 5:30 or so Friday, super quick, very nice and efficient. We didn't reserve a golf cart in advance and of course there were none available at check-in on such a busy weekend. Wish we had, because the cabins are at the upper campground, away from the action, which we love, but it's a good little walk up there from the pool, etc. Helped to work off the extra food and drink, however, so that's a wash. :)

The cabins are AMAZING, super comfortable beds with thick foam mattress pads, etc., and the sleeping loft was perfect for the girls, they LOVED it. it's got nice carpeting, but we did put down airbeds, just because.....well, why not.

Screened-in porch with picnic table was so convenient, full kitchen, stove/oven and full size fridge/freezer, microwave, double sink. Cute little fake fireplace that can put off heat but otherwise just this faux wood and flame effect. Very cute. Small flat screen with DVD, great cable channel variety, about 50, all the good ones.

The bathroom was good and clean, wicked good exhaust fan, stand-up shower. There are ceiling fans in the front room and bedroom, which is great because we're accustomed to having one and was thinking of stopping at WalMart to grab a fan just in case. Glad we didn't bother. Two thumbs up from all of us on the cabins.

Kids activities were hourly, no exaggeration. The pool was good but kind of small. Our kids really liked all the things to do, and the age range was 6 to 14. 14-year-old girls, no less! Jump pillows were good and attended by a rec staff person, which isn't usually the case from our experience. Really appreciated that. Game room had some good video games and at least two pool tables. The water slides (two) were fun, according to the kids, and the spray park is definitely geared to the younger ones, but that age group seemed to love it. I cooled off over there a couple times and I had no complaints either. :) The beach/swimming lake was kind of 50/50. A couple of the kids liked it, rented some tubes played some, but the rest of us were more inclined to not hang out there. It was okay, though, I guess.

Snack bar, very good, fairly priced. Wish I could remember the sweet lady that was running the register all weekend because she was just a doll, to adults and kids alike. Bingo was a blast, cash prizes, which is so much fun, and the rec hall is nice and big so most everyone had a table seat. Fun crafts activities also throughout the day.

Camp store was priced fairly more or less. Garbage picked up frequently. Had a birthday visit arranged for one of the kids, and it was really cute, worth the fee ($40 for a visit from Yogi, goody bag, stuffed beanie, balloons and an ice cream cake).

We didn't go down to the river, although it's right there on site, and I didn't see the fishing pond, also right there but I wasn't interested, honestly. lol

I think there was maybe one lady who was a little short with the kids at the camp store, but other than that, the entire staff was great. Of course, we're all about please and thank you and sometimes that does make a difference. I also believe that EVERYBODY has a bad day, no matter where they work, even if it's at a campground or resort. Maybe I'm a little too lenient, but just my opinion.

We were in the cabin, so I have no idea if there were any noise issues, can't speak to that. There were a number of sites sort of in the middle of a large not-wooded area, and I don't think I'd want one of those, but many sites in wooded areas in the upper-upper area.

Overall, loved the facility, would get a golf cart next time but that's a tiny detail for us.
We won't return only because we try a new place every year. We would definitely recommend it, though!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank reportingmom
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I can't speak to the prior reviewers. I admit I was worried after making the reservation in January and reading the reviews this spring, but we found it to be a completely different experience than described. Staff were exceptionally friendly from the time we checked in, and the same every time we encountered them over the weekend. You would think if they were going to be rude, a completely sold-out Memorial Day would bring it out, but never happened. Campground is divided into upper and lower halves. Upper half is larger. We stayed in lower half, nearer to the river. Sites there were smaller than we expected, but large enough. My kids are 9-15, so had a variety of interests. Nice pool and water activites. Lake was clean and warm. Adjacent beach was swept each morning by the staff. In fact, the campground was notable for cleanliness throughout - less litter than alomst anywhere we've been. Prices in the camp store were reasonable. Close to Virginia's Natural Bridge, which although a little expensive was worth the price of admission. Minor problems - only two bath houses, one in each area of the park. Not a problem if you've got a larger trailer or RV, but for tenters and pup-ups, there were a couple fo times we had to wait. It's a long walk (10+ mins) from one bath/toilet house to the other, so if your kids are in a rush you need wheeled transport.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Lexington

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge? Share your experiences!