“Hey very peaceful and pleasant camping trip.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natural Bridge Station
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was very impressed with the campground. They have something to do for little kids, teenagers, and adults. The site was easy to get into, stay if there was very helpful and friendly. Even though the river was up that day I could see if be a great place to go kayaking. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
John H, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thanks for reviewing us!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

The James River has provided much fun and enjoyment to our camping guests. It is a wonderful river to paddle or float. Canoe and tube rentals are offered or you may bring your own. Campers enjoy our shuttle service which takes you and your canoe or tube 8 miles up river and you spend the rest of the afternoon canoeing, kayaking or tubing the James River back to the campground. Please visit our website at for more info on our Shuttle Service and rental program.

We look forward to having you at the park again!

Jellystone Park - Natural Bridge, VA

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We absolutely love this park! Rates are higher which limits our stays (we would stay every weekend). There is something for everyone here! Staff is wonderful, facilities are clean, snack bar has a lot of options and store is well stocked!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings on Trip Advisor. We are glad you found the facilities clean and the staff wonderful. We have added more variety and items to both the store and snack bar this season and our campers seem to love it! We do our best to provide a good value for the rates charged. Please keep in mind that our rates vary throughout the season and rates are lower mid week than weekends. During many of our discounted periods you will still find many of the same great activities and amenities!! Please visit our website for our rate schedule. Our reservationists are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding activities and amenities during each discounted season.

Happy Camping!

Yogi Bear--Natural Bridge Station

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We rented cabin L136 recently. We were floored by how squeaky clean it was. I think L136 and those 4 other cabins around it are brand new--they certainly looked it. It was well-stocked and had everything we needed except pillows--none! Bring your own.

The cabin backed up to a little stream, but there was a busy thru-way that leads to the fishing pond right in front of the cabin, and it is next to a busy road--all vehicles travel within 50 yards of the cabin to get to the the main entrance/check-in area. That said, it was more car/truck/RV/golf truck traffic and noise than we experience in our home on a cul-de-sac, so that was not great. We also could hear clearly the activity from the nearby racetrack on Fri & Sat night. Not a big deal, but not exactly peaceful.

The location was great for walking over to the children's activities. Super close--a short stroll. Our neighbors all had golf carts to get there and back. Personally I like to walk, and I think it's good for the kids to walk. To each his own.

There were tons of activities for our very small kids. The jumping pillow was a huge hit, and there are several playgrounds. We did a staff supervised craft, about 4 holes of mini-golf, and some fishing. They had a mini-carnival going on with face-painting, games with prizes, etc.

The camping spots down by the river are gorgeous, and the bathhouses looked as clean as could be. Everything seems pretty well taken care of. I've seen other complaints that facilities are in bad shape--I don't know what people are expecting, but this is a rustic campground, not a Hilton. Everything was safe, and is surrounded by beautiful mountains and the lovely James River. Keep a realistic perspective and you will not be disappointed. Staff and other campers were very friendly. Everyone seemed very family-oriented.

This is not back-to-nature camping. It's not private, or quiet. But, it was never super loud (no loud music or parties around us), and the 10pm quiet rule was in full effect.

If you want to go somewhere cars/trucks/golf carts are not whizzing by every 60 seconds all day, Jellystone is not your spot. If your goal is to have some quality family time with very young toddlers that need to be entertained most of the day and eat dirt if you're not watching, try it out.

Room Tip: L141 faces the fishing pond, and has no neighbors. It is private at night but during the day you'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kcy77
John H, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thanks for your realistic and thorough review of our park. The large deluxe cabins are very nice and a good value and conveniently located. There are also cabins available which are more remote yet still close enough to walk to the activities and fun! Please do not hesitate to request a specific cabin or area for your next visit. Our housekeepers try very hard to keep the cabins and the restrooms very clean for all our guests. We will be sure to let them know you complimented them on their hard work:)

Hope to see you back at Natural Bridge again!

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Natural Bridge, VA

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this park many times and always enjoy our time there. A great water park for the kiddos, fun activities planned, campsites are clean. Bring shoes to wear into the shower, however. The prices are expensive. Each year the price goes up for camping. Check in is very easy.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shayhart
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We tent camped at Jellystone this past weekend and this is the first time we stayed at a more 'commercial' site vs. using the State Park system. We were disappointed. Jellystone is in need of major upkeeps and upgrades. The swimming lake and mini golf course they tote on their website were in horrible shape....in particularly the swimming lake, was more swamp than anything. Strange color due to possible fertilizer run off and sludgy. As a parent, I told my kids to stay clear but it didn't matter b/c my kids didn't even want to dip their toes in it. We camped on a river sight and there is no denying that the view was absolutely gorgeous and was the one thing that made our trip more bearable. But even the camp spots here are all in a line and not wooded...you don't get a secluded, in the woods camping experience at all. AND, the bathrooms are a BIG hike from here up a 40 some step staircase. So not convenient at all. Not to mention the train track on the other side of the river so you hear trains coming thru all night But to give credit where credit is due...the only other plus was the jumping pillow...this was fun! I had alot of friends waiting to hear what we thought of this campground b/c they were interested in future visits but I won't steer any of them in this direction. We were disappointed!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank melissa D
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went to Jellystone for the first time this Labor Day Weekend. When we arrived it was already dark and we were having some serious problems with our RV. The Rangers there were great and stayed with us until we were able to get settled in. My 3 yr old granddaughter had a great time. There was so much to do that we never left the campground. The showers and bathrooms were clean. We definately want to plan another trip to this facility.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

OK I just stayed there for the holiday weekend. I rated the park as average because it was not awful but it was not really all that great. Let me list some pros and cons.

Pros.
Easy to make reservations
Tons of activities for the whole family.
The pool, spray ground, and water slide were great.
Easy access to the river
The store had several items if you needed them
There were several attractions near the campground if you needed something else to do.

Cons
Tent sites were in pretty bad shape.
The electric hookup at my site was in bad shape, I prayed every time I had to plug something in
The bathrooms and showers were absolutely disgusting!!! I think they were only cleaned once during three days of a full campground.
The roads were in bad shape. I had to leave my car at the overflow parking lot because I could not drive it down to my site on the road without the risk of damaging my car.
The staff was not that friendly. They spent most of their time texting and complaining to each other in front of the guests.
The management was nonexistent. The manager drove around as we were leaving to check on things. I would think as busy of a weekend as it was they would have been more visible.

I did not give this place a poor rating because of all the kids activities but some may. I do think the sites should be in much better condition for the cost of reservation and the bathrooms should be spotless. When we brought that up to the manager he did not have any response. I would definitely not stay there in a tent again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 16 in Lexington
Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge
Wingate by Wyndham Lexington

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge? Share your experiences!