We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natural Bridge Station
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge
“Camping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a great time camping , all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Traveled with sister and brother in law , great nephew and niece Ages 2 and 4. Kids loved the pool and lake, my nephew age. 4 was so excitied seeing boo boo, yogi bear , he kept looking for Ranger Smith which he could never find! He was disappointed because he didn't see The Ranger although we did stop and ask one of the rangers and was hoping he would say he was a ranger smith but didn't. So nephew was still looking for Ranger Smith.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Clumseys
John H, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for input on your recent visit with us! We are sorry that your nephew was unable to see Ranger Smith during his stay with us. Unfortunately, the Ranger was visiting one of the other many Jellystone Parks during your stay. He will definitely be back to see us in September to visit the park and to make sure that Yogi and Boo Boo are behaving! Hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fairport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just returned from a trip to YB At Natural Bridge. I have a lot to say about this place, both good and bad!

We were doing a reunion with some friends from college. My friends and I attended nearby Lynchburg College and were looking forward to getting together to visit our alma mater.

My family arrived on Tuesday July 22. We found our site and got set up. We have a popup and were on site L95. One friend and her kids were going to be in a tent on L94 arriving on Wednesday and the others had the cabins across from the fishing pond. From the map, they looked to be much closer than they actually were. Our group consisted of 8 adults and 8 kids ranging from 3-14.

We got in fine and had no problems. Tuesday night was candy bar bingo and we had a lot of fun with that. We arranged for a tube trip on the river for Wednesday.

We were quite a ways from the bathroom. It was a pretty long walk around the swimming hole and up a hill. There was a porta potty right behind our site, but as most porta pottys are they were pretty gross. Surprisingly though, you couldn’t smell it. The bathroom was kept pretty clean though. But the showers were hard to manage. One of the stalls had scalding hot water, and one had freezing cold water. There wasn't one that was easily managed to get a good safe shower.

When we got back from bingo on Tuesday night, there was a post with a red thing on it right across from our site that was flashing and beeping. We found a button to turn off the beep, but it flashed all night.

After seeing the hill and the distance to the pool and bathrooms I put my name on the list for a golf cart. I was told I was number 6 and they would call me if one came available. They told my son that they called me Friday but I never got the call and didn’t see it in my recent call list.

Wednesday morning, maintenance cleaned out the porta potty. I am not sure what was done, but after they did the stench of it became unbearable. Before we left for the tubing, we told the office that it stunk and about the flashing thing. The woman said that was for the sewage and she would have someone look at it.

Tubing was interesting. They told us to expect it to be 3-4 hours. When we got dropped off it she told us it would be more like 5 due to the river being low and slow. Ok. We were fine with that. The river was very slow and it did take us 5 hours to get out. Obviously no one can control the river, but when it’s known that it was so slow, you should be given paddles to help you along. There were a lot of places that it was so shallow, you got stuck on rocks or just couldn’t move. Having a paddle would help push you along. When you are in a tube, you are higher off the water and it’s hard to paddle with your hands or feet.

Thursday we played at the pool and waited for the rest of our group to come. Everyone came and checked into the cabins. They were very nice, with blasting air conditioning. They all seemed to have no complaints. One of them did lose power for a bit, but told the office and it was fixed quickly.

Friday, after a nice visit to LC, we were back and the kids were at the pool and the jumping pillow. There was a bit of an issue with some other girls. Our kids were told by other kids that they had to get off the pillow so they could do flips and cartwheels. Our kids said they can share the space, since flips aren’t allowed anyway. One of the other girls kicked one of our girls and then the other father got involved. He apparently mouthed off to our girls calling them bullies and using inappropriate language with them. Our girls came to the office to report it and one of the workers from the guard shack saw them and came to see if they were ok. She was wonderful. Her name was Chelsea and she took care of things. She had the girls point out the father and then called the owner and the manager. As we were waiting for them to come, another dad came over and starting questioning us and said that our girls were bullying the little girls. Though he did admit he was not there and didn’t see it, he was getting a little belligerent with us. My husband and I did not see the issue either, but we heard the girls tell the story consistently several times over. This other dad started accusing them of changing the story around. The owner pulled him aside to talk to him, while the manager talked to us. Chelsea even said that our girls didn’t change the story at all. The manager took my name and site number and said she would get back to us and let us know what the owner said to the other fathers. But we never heard back from her. I wish we heard back, but I also didn’t follow up. Every time I went into the office, it was crowded and I didn’t want to bring it up in front of other guests. Our girls saw the other girls once or twice more and got glared at a few times, but nothing else happened.

Friday night as were having a campfire, we smelled the sewage again, it sort of wafted over from the area across the site. But then on Saturday morning as we were having everyone to our site for breakfast before our outing to Natural Bridge we again were accosted by the sewage stench. This time we found that the spot across the way was over flowing and the “water” was seeping into our site. The smell was unbearable. We told them at the office before we left and when we got back the area seemed to be dry and the smell was gone.

So over all we had a good time. I would make the suggestion that another bathroom be added in the lower part, where the mini golf is. There were a lot of popups and tents down there and it was a really long walk to the bathroom.

I agree with a previous reviewer that maybe a smaller pool be added to the upper campground. We drove through it just to see what was there and there were a few cabins and a lot of campers. It was almost like a separate campground. But it did make for a very crowded pool on a hot day.

I would add some more umbrellas to the tables. VA sun is hot and shade is needed to be comfortable when sitting at the pool.

I would also make the suggestion that you put a change machine in the laundry room. Our towels got soaked during a rain storm and we were up early and tried to take advantage of the dryer while no one was using them, but didn’t have any quarters since my kids cleaned me out for the games. There is a change machine in the game room, but that wasn’t opened yet, nor was the office.

I also liked the fact that there was a lifeguard at the top of the water slide and one at the bottom, but I might suggest one being in the pool area as well. Even though it was only 5 feet deep, kids were running all over and doing flips and such and it was sort of crazy.

My husband maintains our pool in our HOA and was impressed with the cleanliness of this pool. It’s hard to keep such a busy pool clean. We were in a YB in PA a few years ago and that pool was gross.

I was sort of hoping for a little discount for having to deal with the sewage smell a few times. But again I didn’t ask for one, just sort of thought it would be offered. It was really gross, especially when we were having breakfast. 3 of the people in our groups are not campers and were already out of their comfort zone, and that kind of made it worse. Not that spending a weekend in an air conditioned cabin is “camping” ;-)

So would I come back? Maybe…it is a long trip for us. We came to meet our friends and see our college, so now that we have done that, I think our next trip will be somewhere a little more centrally located. It’s the second Yogi Bear we have done, and it’s nice that they have all the activities for the families. We did enjoy the candy bar bingo on Friday as well. The kids loved the jumping pillow, and the game room. The Saturday karoke and dance party on the beach was fun too.

So overall it was good, the good outweighed the bad. The kids made a new friend in Chelsea and many of the other workers. It was nice to be able to get together with friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
John H, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your in depth review of your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay even with all the bumps along the way. We appreciate all our campers comments, both positive and negative, to correct mistakes that may exist and to make improvements. Each year improvements are made to the property and knowing what our customers want to have help us to prioritize these improvements. We do apologize for the sewer issues and will look into that concern so that we do not inconvenience other campers. Our staff works hard to keep the park clean and make sure that our campers of all ages enjoy themselves while camping with us and will share you comments with Chelsea and the rest of the staff. We hope that we will be able to host your group again in the future even though we are not centrally located for all of you!

Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been RVing for a little over 7 years. We have stayed at a variety of places all up and down the east coast. I was excited to stay here considering they have the waterpark, fishing pond, swimming lake and right on the James River. The River was nice. That was about it. For the price of the place they need to add a fresh coat of paint and get some of their workers off their phones and clean the place!

The facility needs some major elbow grease cleaning. The laundry facility/game room looked as though it hasn't been cleaned in months. There was mud on the floor. They had different prices for the same size and same brand washers...one quite on me mid-cycle. The office did give me my money back, but after looking at the facility and then this happened, I could tell they don't take care of the place very well. The game room didn't have mud on the floor but was extremely dirty. There was what looked like an old bar stool from the 1980's which at one point had pastel colors on the chair, now it is dark brown covered in dirt. The outside of the building was covered in wasp nests and wasps were everywhere!

The staff is made up of mostly kids working summer shifts. Most were good with the kids, but others were more concerned with talking to each other, texting on their phones, than helping out kids with their activities. For example, we went to the rec center (again very dirty, and needs a coat of paint and to be cleaned) to do Tie-dye shirts. They had 7 workers there, only two girls and one boy helped over thirty people. The boy took folks to the closest where you pick up your shirt, one girl rang up the total bill at the cash register. (No one gave the group any instructions on who, what or where they were doing anything). The other girl stood at a table and wrapped rubber bands around your shirt based on the design you wanted. This left an extremly long line for everyone who was waiting. Once the cash register girl finish ringing up everyone, she went to another table where she dyed your shirt. They did not allow the kids to dye their own shirts. So we waited in three lines (roughly 30 people) for the staff to do the tie dye shirts. No one said where to go, it was a guessing game. While all this was going on the other 4 workers sat on a stage staring at the guests, laughing and talking to each other.

The pool is okay for kids 1-13...again dirty. The pool is extremely small. The water slides were nice but they only have two.

The family dance night was great until they started playing songs where are inapporiate for kids. Themes of sex, drugs and trashing hotel rooms played very LOUD! Over our music at the campsite.

They ran out of camp fire wood almost daily. The road to get around has terrible pot holes in it. The mini golf is dirty and also not kept up nicely.

This place could be amazing if they just cleaned it up. Looks like they are more concered with collecting money than taking care of their place.

We are not going back here again! I gave this place two stars just because the river was nice...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Gael G
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was the first time we had stayed at the campground. It was great for all members of our family, including the fury ones. Lots of recreational things for kids and other activities for little ones.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John H, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Glad to hear that you (and your furry ones) enjoyed your recent stay with us! We do our best to provide a fun filled time while you are camping with us for all ages. We hope to see you camp with us again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Me and my family have been vacationing here for many years! We love it......friendly staff, perfect location, and fun for everyone! We would recommend Jellystone to all families who love the outdoors!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your continued patronage! We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to having you camp with us again soon!!

Fredericksburg, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This Jellystone campground is very nice! Lots of great activities, playground, pool & air pillows were nice. The splash pad was nice but needed repairs; some water spouts didn't work and the ground surface was peeling away.

Staff was very nice, but after a problem with another family&bullying (including bullying/foul language from an adult towards our children), the staff did not follow up with us like they said they would about what was done about it. They did provide extra staff to oversee the area where the problem arose, but offered no follow through with us.

We had camp sites on the lower half of the park, away from the river and near the fishing pond. The port-a-potties located in this area were the only facilities, and were located just behind our spots...They STUNK! This lower half of the park really needs their own bath facilities!

Although the campground advertises WiFi, it is spotty at best, at least in the lower half of the camp.

We enjoyed ourselves and the activities. The weather in this area, though...don't bother to look at the weather report...it won't matter what it says, the weather will do something entirely different! Plan and prepare for ALL possibilities!

1 Thank Jennifer P
John H, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
First of all, please accept my personal apologies for not following up with your family in a better manner than what was expected. Looking back now we should have stopped and spoken with you directly to see how your stay was going after the problems you had encountered. Secondly, thank you for your comments and feedback during your stay. All our campers comments, both positive and negative, help us to fix mistakes that may exist and to plan future improvements. Some of the items you mention are part of our improvement plans, but need to be worked on when we will inconvenience our campers the least. We hope that you and your family will camp with us again in the future!

DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We reserved this campground after spending a weekend at the Yogi in Luray earlier in the year. This camp is a little further away from we where we live but there are just a little more fun things for the kids to enjoy. For example, the James River offers lots of activities such as tubing, rafting, swimming, fishing which out kids love. Along with the typical camping activities, there is a pool, a jumping pillow, mini golf, swimming pond, water slide and game room (which wasn't all that.) The cabins were not as nice as the others in Luray but adequate for our needs. We had five cabins at the end of the campground. They're a little far away but away from the main crowds. Must rent a golf if you're planning to use the back cabins. Overall, our families were happy with this campground. I'm sure yours will too. BTW, we had 10 adults and 18 kids (8 yo to 17 yo.)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow! What a group!! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. There is so much to do at the park as well as the local area. We look forward to you and your group camping with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Natural Bridge Station
#5 of 16 in Lexington
BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn
BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn
#4 of 16 in Lexington

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge? Share your experiences!