“Great brewery with delicious food”

Wild Wolf Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Nellysford
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wild Wolf Brewing Company, established November 11, 2011, is one of just a few mother/son operations in the country. Danny, a classically trained Brewmaster by the Siebel Institute in Chicago, and his mom, a business savvy entrepreneur, have turned a family passion for craft beer into one of the fastest growing breweries in Virginia. The brewery and restaurant is situated in the heart of the Brew Ridge Trail and features a wide selection of hand-crafted beers as well as the freshest local foods in Central Virginia-all in a century old, revitalized Nelson County school house. The ten acre property features an authentic Biergarten, shaded by a protective canopy of 60-year-old Siberian Elms, including a charming gazebo, large Koi pond, and working water wheel. In addition, an outdoor pavilion has been enclosed to allow for a four season dining experience. The pavilion hosts live music every weekend year round. Inside the restaurant, guests are treated to a rustic dining experience, including wrap-around porches that provide stunning views of the surrounding mountains and property. Toward the back of the old schoolhouse guests enter the new building which houses a lively sports bar as well as our brewing facility.
Arlington or Cambridge
“Great brewery with delicious food”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped here the day after attending a wedding at a winery and enjoyed the beautiful country setting and several beer flights. We ordered the roasted chicken and grilled flank steak. Delicious and reasonably priced. Lingered over our meal while people watching and then walked the grounds. Wished we had time to come back again before leaving the area.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I stopped in on a Saturday evening and had a wonderful time. We sat out on the back patio, where they were going to be doing live music, unfortunately we weren't able to stay that long. We started off with the Scotch Eggs as an appetizer. We LOVED them!! The beer cheese was absolutely to die for. Our server was a delight and couldn't be more accommodating. They had several items they were featuring for the day, in addition to the regular menu. They all sounded so good, but we both decided to have the ribeye steak specials. Delicious! We were taking our time and relaxing on our Saturday night, but when our waitress told us of how many were left in house, she was more than happy to take our order and hold them for us. In the meantime, we sampled quite a few of the house and seasonal brews, and didn't find any we didn't like. Their beers here have so much character! Our waitress was knowledgeable in answering questions about them and described them really well to us so it was pretty easy to find the ones we really liked. The dry stout was my favorite, along with the couple of Belgian-style beers. My hubby loved their Alpha Ale and the Evil Ale.

There was a little bit of a wait at the door. So I recommend making a reservation on the weekend, even if it's just a couple of people. Apparently Saturdays and Sundays are consistently that busy. We overheard a few others getting frustrated about the time needed to wait, which seemed really silly to us. If it's that big of a problem to you, make a reservation. The back patio was enclosed and off the bar. So something they could stand to improve on is the amount of space to walk through in the bar area, despite the fact that it's already pretty large. Overall, we couldn't have had a better time, and there's definitely something to be said about such a lovely experience at such a busy time. Exceptional beer, food, and service. We will most certainly be back!

Visited October 2013

Manteo, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Visited Wild Wolf with friends on a recent trip to the Shenandoah Valley. One of the best burgers I have had in a while and the beer was great. Friendly staff and excellent service. Would go back.

The Villages, Florida
“The worst beer I ever tasted.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I love beer and pride myself in knowing beer. Up until I sampled a flight at Wild Wolf I can honestly say I have never left beer in a glass that I have paid for. But of the seven samples I tasted there was not one I liked or finished. This beer was over hopped to the point it was not good. Sooty to say this but it was awful!!

Visited October 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great beer, mediocre food”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stopped by on the way home with family on a sunny afternoon. Enjoyed the beer very much but was disappointed in the dinner food. My ribs were unexceptional at best and my sister's pork chops were not properly cooked or appetizing. I could recommend for the food and family atmosphere but not a place to go for fine dinning.

Visited July 2013