Stoney Creek Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Armenian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The food was ok, actually pretty good, but there were things lacking. We sat outside. The outside area was dirty. Over my husband's head was a lamp covered with spider webs and dead bugs. There were spider eggs everywhere you looked. The floors of the terrace needed a good sweeping. We had lunch there. The food was quite good, and the locale could be inviting. The service wasn't that great, we felt like we were forgotten though there were only 4 tables of guests. On the way out I looked at the supper menu. The prices looked very good. This could be a good place if they would clean it up and give their wait staff some encouragement and training.

1  Thank norskies

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Having just recently moved to this beautiful area I was anxious to try out the local restaurants. Called ahead to make reservations but when I arrived was met with a terse 'we are full tonight' not a hello how are you or any pleasant greeting. Amazing. I told the hostess I had indeed made reservations and she showed us to our table (not set up) with no apology or anything. We were a party of four, immediately ordered a bottle of wine and then sat for approximately 20 minutes til it arrived. We ordered our food and waited 55 minutes for it to arrive! The server was very pleasant and apologized for the wait but with no excuse as to why it took so long. Food was adequate, nothing special, and certainly overpriced for the amount we got. My daughter ordered an appetizer that was minuscule. She also had to wait to get her main meal, well after the rest of us were served. Even the bill was incorrect and had to be redone. There are several very good places to eat in this area that I plan to return to but this will definately not be one of them. The rudeness of the hostess was unsettling to say the least. Such a pity as the setting is lovely.

1  Thank cheryl n
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Limited menu done well. Some very nice touches to standard dishes. Gyro was very good. Came with thin sliced lamb instead of the compressed ground lamb mix that you usually get. Breakfast very good. Home fries are very very good. I would come just for the home fries. Corn beef hash is home made, nice chunks of corned beef. So nothing exotic but nice touches to old standby dishes. Service very good - like being one of the family.

1  Thank Fludoc
Reviewed 4 November 2012

A great option for lunch or snacks, even dinner. Nice menu, good service and fair prices make this a pleasant setting while visiting Wintergreen or the area.