“Relaxing Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Relaxing Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the inn in early August and had a very nice time. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the overall setting was very serene. The Inn staff were helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about the local area. The property is very closely located to several breweries and wineries in the immediate area. Overall, we were very satisfied with our selection of this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Searching for vine tasting in VA I found Mark Addy and my wife and I spent a weekend there. It was a great experience with nice room, good food and friendly staff. We added a vine tasting trip and had a great time visiting different vineries without worrying about drinking and driving. After dinner conversations with Rafael enhanced Bed and Breakfast experience.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Mark Addy Inn to celebrate our nine-year anniversary. We had visited the Nellysford/Route 151 area the year prior and stayed at another B&B, we had such a great experience that we wanted to do it again. We decided on the Mark Addy Inn because of the close proximity to many of the places we wanted to visit (Devil's Backbone, Bold Rock, the various wineries in the area) and because we liked the pricing (there was a special being offered as well that made it that much more enticing!).

First, the innkeepers, Leslie and Rafael, were the perfect hosts! Both were friendly, engaging, and full of helpful information! We really enjoyed talking to Leslie and Rafael about their lives and the area on the outdoor porch with what has to be one of the best views in Virginia! We even got to continue our conversation by going with them and their son to Devil's Backbone for dinner!

Second, the setting is spectacular! The views are incredible and the B&B is very charming. My wife and I enjoy staying at places that are historical and retain some of their original character, as opposed to being too modern, and the Mark Addy Inn certainly fits that bill. Our room was comfortable (the Rue De Monet), and the shower with dual heads was a nice addition. Note that the house doesn't have central air conditioning, but the window unit was more than adequate and we hardly had to use it the weather was so nice, even at the end of July/beginning of August!

Third, the food was delicious! Rafael prepares all of the food himself and each meal was had was delicious! We enjoyed two breakfasts and one dinner at the Mark Addy Inn and my wife and I thought the food was excellent! My steak was seasoned perfectly and cooked just how I like it. My wife had the lamb ribs, which were very flavorful.

We signed up for the winery/brewery tour through the Mark Addy Inn and really enjoyed the experience. The innkeepers' son, Jacob, was our tour guide through Tours for Tunes, and he was attentive and friendly. We were able to visit a 3 wineries, Bold Rock Hard Cider, and a brewery. It was well worth it and nice not to have to worry about doing the driving ourselves. Highly recommend!

Another fun element to our trip was that the Mark Addy Inn allowed us to make several new friends! It was a nice surprise to be able to interact with other guests in the breakfast room and throughout our stay. We really enjoyed meeting new people and hearing about their experiences and adventures and the Mark Addy Inn really seemed to bring out the "friendliness" in everyone.

All in all, we enjoyed our trip immensely and it was an anniversary to remember, thanks in large part to the Mark Addy Inn and Leslie and Rafael!

John and Emily B

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a wonderful long wedding weekend stay here at the Mark Addy Inn! We got married close by and Leslie and Rafael were so nice and accommodating to us! Leslie helped calm me down on the morning of our wedding and was just so happy for both of us! We stayed in the Tiger Lily Room and had a blast! It was beautiful, and we got to take our dog with us! I would highly recommend this place to stay. The property and the view are spectacular and are great for wedding pictures! We will definitely be back in the near future!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachael A
Arnoldsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our stay exceeded all expectations! Leslie & Rafael are genuinely professional and congenial, in equal proportion! The breakfasts were deliciously creative (roasted grapefruit!) and the very special dinner, including delightfully fresh seafood, fine beef, and vegetables and herbs from the backyard garden, served at our request on the patio outside our room, was at once elegant and relaxed. The house itself has a remarkable history and splendid views of the Blue Ridge Mountains--not to mention the numerous wineries, breweries, and even cideries within easy driving distance, as well as, of course, the Blue Ridge Parkway with its breath-taking vistas and innumerable hiking trails. Leslie made us feel so comfortably welcome, and Rafael's culinary skills were matched only by his dry wit and his knowledge of the inn's 200+ year history.

Room Tip: As far as we saw, ALL the rooms are lovely, but we especially liked ours (the SUNDANCE, with a Nativ...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

First time at a BnB and this was excellent. The Tal's are great hosts and make you feel as if their home is your home and you're part of the family. Food was very fresh and delicious. Enjoyed sitting on the front porch in the evenings listening to nature and talking to the owners. Will most definitely return!

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wow!!! Just got back from a fantabulous stay at the the Mark Addy Inn. It is truly a B&B with personality beyond belief. I had been looking for an out of the way spot when I ran across a Groupon advertisement/discount for a two-day stay at The Mark Addy. It was to be a surprise trip for my wife of 43 years. Had some minor scheduling problems (NOT A BIG DEAL) because one of the days I wanted had already booked. We just slid it back one day and celebrated early. };>)
Upon arrival was greeted by the innkeeper, Leslie. She made us feel like old friends coming back for a visit. (which we will in the near future). She showed us around the Inn, the 7 by 24 Guest kitchen and then to our room. The room we were in,The Kensington, faced the mountain range in front of the Inn, WHAT A VIEW. The room was clean and everything was working. [Sounds silly but after traveling over 35 years ,for business, having everything working is a plus]. Leslie explained that the AC unit could be adjusted to our liking or we could turn it off and open one of the windows (not the one with the window AC unit.) I guess that is enough about the room. (Go to the website to see the rooms)
Now let's talk about the food. Top of the menu gourmet!!. Our first day's breakfast began with a fruit cup (I really am not a fruit person) that I enjoyed immensely. It has two types of melon, strawberries, watermelon, and two kinds of berries, The main course was Eggs Benedict with the best blend of grits I have ever had. The grits had diced tomatoes (who would have thought to put tomatoes in grits), some spices, and something else. There definitely was no want for food at this meal. Unlimited coffee-my fuel. Fast forward to dinner in the Fountain Room. The meal started with an appetizer out of this world. a flaky pastry wrap of spinach served with feta cheese dip. I wish I could remember the name- but I'll never forget the taste. A mixed fresh greens salad was my next choice served with blue cheese. The main course- Salmon in a wine sauce over herb seasoned whipped potatoes. Still not convinced?? How about a chilled tiramisu with a fruity chocolate sauce. THAT WAS JUST THE FIRST DAY!!!
The second day began with a 'broiled grapefruit' with a cinnamon drizzle. I always thought fruit was supposed to be served cold. This was unbelievably delicious {remember, I am not a fruit person}. Did I mention the breakfast pastries? Well we had a cornucopia of choices. The main dish for day 2's breakfast was quiche- not just a plain quiche but one with sausage, cheese and several very mild spices to give it a slight kick. More coffee. Bottom line, the food at The Mark Addy Inn is fantastic.
The greatest part of the trip was the atmosphere. The Mark Addy Inn has a front porch that looks at the Virginia hills off in the distance. My wife and I sat there the first day we arrived and just absorbed the view. Coming from the Baltimore-Washington area, this was the best way to unwind. It is also a great location for visits to the various wineries within a fifteen mile radius of travel. We hit six of the wineries and availed ourselves of the wine tasting. It is best to split the wine tasting over at least two days otherwise you might not be able to return to the Inn.
Leslie and Rafi made us feel like family. Any one looking for a relaxing couple of days, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Any room at The Mark Addy would be a great choice. Go to the web site to get a "true and accura...
1 Thank Mark S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nellysford
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#1 of 1 in Lovingston
Cabin Creekwood
Cabin Creekwood
#1 of 2 in Lyndhurst

Been to The Mark Addy? Share your experiences!