We stayed at the hotel for ten days. It is quite recently built and to a good design. Our room overlooked woodland, was spacious and well fitted out. All the equipment worked fine. I am not sure that I consider two single beds pushed together to be the same thing as a double bed, but that is a minor quibble. The cafe, restauant, pools, sun loungers were just fine. The hotel is at the end of a good sandy beach so quite secluded (all Mauritian beaches are open to the public - even those in front of 5* hotels).
The staff were friendly and helpful, though slightly undertrained so the service could have occasionally have been better. Senior management were completely invisible throughout our stay. We were visiting family so did not have much to do with the Guest Relations person but the one time we did ask her for some straightforward information about a booking a catamaran trip she did not have an answer. I felt that she could have been more communicative in general with the guests. Perhaps she is not the right person for the job.
The buffet breakfast was fine, lunchtime paninis etc were ok but the evening meal was both expensive and unexciting. We ate in the hotel on three evenings and the Sunday night buffet was the best. On other evenings we were served small portions of food which would have been acceptable in a canteen.
The hotel is located a long way down a lane beside the golf course so if you do not have a vehicle there are limited options to leave. Tamarin is a residential area which is ten minutes walk along the beach (you might want to take a torch with you at night) Walk one block through to the main road and turn right and you will find a chinese restaurant which is said to be good and a pizza restaurant which I can recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the elegant simplicity of Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel the one and only 4-star boutique hotel on the west coast of Mauritius. Overlooking the legendary surf beach of Tamarin, the hotel offers a beautiful panorama, spectacular golden sunsets , dolphin watching at breakfast, and a most magnificent backdrop, the Rempart Mountain. We will have the pleasure to seat you at any of our 4 restaurants for amazing culinary experiences. Furthermore, get ready to be pampered at L'Acacia, our well-being centre, which offers many natural treatments. Guests enjoy free green fees at our 18 hole golf course, the Tamarina Golf Club, set in a breath-taking scenery. And, if you wish to get the adrenaline pumping, you can freely visit the Casela Nature & Leirsure Park, which is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarina Hotel, Golf, Beach And Spa
- Tamarina Hotel, Golf, Beach Hotel Tamarin
- Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel Tamarin, Mauritius