“Great Neptune chowder, yummy seafood”
Review of Ray's Shanty

Ray's Shanty
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in New Church
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Millville, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Neptune chowder, yummy seafood”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

the portions were more than big enough. The bowl of chowder was GIANT...service was fast and friendly and the décor was quaint. Overall a very pleasant eating experience after driving all day to get to the island area. We'd go here again in a minute. I would have taken a gallon of the chowder home if I could!

• Visited May 2014

Hampton, Virginia
“"family owned, home cooking, great seafood restaurant"”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced seafood restaurant. While heading to our hotel in Chincoteague, we passed Ray's Shanty. The parking lot was full of cars, unlike any restaurant we saw on Chincoteague a Island. Common sense and a desire for some good cooking took us back to Ray's. The seafood was delicious, the hush puppies and French fries were homemade. We really enjoyed our meal, though our server was a little slow and not that attentive. If you are heading to Chincoteague or Wallops Island and you're looking for a "family owned, home cooking, great seafood restaurant, go to Ray's. My next trip in that direction will take me to Ray's.

• Visited April 2014
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
“GREAT Seafood!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

By far, some of the best seafood that I have ever had! I definitely suggest to anyone as a must stop for lunch.

• Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Solid 2lb shrimp offering + sides”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ray's has moved from all you can eat to a 2lb model plus sides. This is probably a better approach for most diners as it can be split amongst many diners and or taken home. Shrimp were perfectly cooked and nicely spiced. French fries were among the best I've tasted when not made fresh at my own house -- seemed hand cut too. Solid hush puppies, but perhaps needed an oil change (or they are going for that deeper flavor profile which is a possibility). Free refills on the sweet tea. Really a great choice when in the Chincoteague area. Come here for the food.

• Visited February 2014
La Plata, MD
“Went on a whim and it was so worth it!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We were on the island for the weekend for an open house at Salisbury University and decided we wanted to try Ray's Shanty on our way home and it was rhe right decision! My husband and I shared 2 pounds of shrimp and they were really good. My some had the soft crab and couldn't get over the face he could eat the whole thing. The hush puppies are a must when you visit as they are known for them and after the first bite you will know why. Our waitress was Sarah and told us she grew up in the area. We have driven past the "green building" the last two years and never stopped but we were glad we did this time! Make it a stop on your way to or from the island!

• Visited February 2014