“Our weekend at the shore!”
Review of Garden and Sea Inn

Garden and Sea Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 New Church B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The inn was lovely, welcoming and quiet. All members of the staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Even our dogs had a grand time! We will definitely be back. Thankyou Thomas and Dorothee!!

Room Tip: We actually visited a few rooms and all were fabulous!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaguars6183

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed in the Merlot room on the upper floor of the 1800 Victorian house. Very quiet and the bed... I had one of my best nights sleep ever. Only 8 miles from Chincoteague. I felt like royalty. Kudos to the innkeepers! Great job. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyVacation365
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We decided to try Garden & the Sea for our trip to Chincoteague when we realized even the cheapest looking hotels in the area cost almost as much for much less comfort and service. In addition to genuinely home-cooked breakfasts, the whole experience felt more like staying with incredibly hospitable relatives. What a find!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed here instead of on Chincoteague because of the great reviews, and was not disappointed! What a charming, lovely place. Thomas and Doro, the innkeepers, were absolutely delightful and made me feel so welcome and comfortable. The room was spacious and well appointed with everything I needed--including a coffee maker, free wifi, a refrigerator and a fabulous whirlpool tub, as well as a screened porch shared with the room next door (which was vacant my first night, so I had the porch to myself). There is also a lovely parlor in the Garden House with everything from snacks to cold drinks to books and games available for guest use, and plenty of spaces outdoors for relaxing, reading, etc. Breakfast was bountiful and delicious both mornings, and I enjoyed having time to chat with Thomas and Doro about my own travel plans as well as getting some great recommendations from them for local dining options. I also appreciated that I could book a Chincoteague boat tour through the Inn's website (do not miss this--it was fabulous!)

The inn is not on Chincoteague, but it's a very easy 20 minute drive (I imagine it would be longer in the summer). It was nice to be away from the touristy area--the location is quiet and comfortable, with a pool behind the guest houses (which I did not use but appeared very nice).

My only regret is that I could not stay longer! This was exactly what I was looking for, and I cannot recommend it highly enough either as a base for a Chincoteague/Assateague visit, or just for a weekend getaway. This is a special place that I hope I can visit again in the near future!

Room Tip: I don't think you can really go wrong (there is one room that does not have a whirlpool, if that...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Rooms and bathrooms very spacious and well decorated, beds incredibly comfortable. Great breakfasts served a la carte. The hosts were very friendly and provided good recommendations for the nearby area. Extra bonus: the port decanter and cake trolley for all guests :).

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We wanted to stay in Chincoteague but waited too late and ended up staying here instead. It's quite close to Chincoteague abut after visiting the island I think it was for the best. The island is quite busy and crowded and G&S is quiet and spacious. we stayed in a suite (3 of us) and it was very comfortable. It was in a separate building behind the inn and looked out into a field of wheat. The furnishings are top notch with a gas fireplace at the foot of the king sized bed and a tub with jets in the bathroom. Breakfast was amazing. I was expecting something simple but it was a treat, more of a desert that the hosts had adapted from a German recipe (the host are from Germany). They Inn is even dog friendly. If I ever go back to Chincoteague I'd stay here rather than trying to stay on the island. The hosts are amazingly gracious and very thorough in caring for their guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Garden Sea and Inn for his birthday. Neither of us have stayed in a bed and breakfast before. I have always wanted to own one someday. It was easy to get to, and not far from restaurants and shopping. Just far enough away from home to relax. We were invited to tour the inn and were given the history of its foundation. We drove around the area, stopped and ate, then went back to have cake, which I had ordered to be in the room. We relaxed in the jacuzzi, then some tv before bed. We enjoyed sitting in the garden after breakfast, which was a German cake with raspberry sauce of which I could not pronounce, but was delicious. A little piece of heaven. Will definitely go back again!

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Church
Best Western Chincoteague Island
Best Western Chincoteague Island
#3 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincotea...
#2 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Refuge Inn
Refuge Inn
#1 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Waterside Inn
Waterside Inn
#5 of 20 in Chincoteague Island

Been to Garden and Sea Inn? Share your experiences!