“Super pet friendly”
Review of Garden and Sea Inn

Garden and Sea Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 New Church B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed a night and it was great. Super pet friendly - towels, food bowls and treats for your pet are all provided. Also, breakfast was delicious, especially the smoked salmon. Quiet but convenient location. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have travelled extensively in the US and stayed in many B&B's. This is one of the best, my husband actually thinks it is the best! The staff are delightful, our room, the Sandpiper, was delightful and breakfast was delightful. The area is peaceful and so close to Chincoteague Island. I think we fell a little bit in love with this place. We would have loved to stay another night but unfortunately Nasa were launching LADEE the following night and everywhere was fully booked. I am sure we will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Great location, beautiful rooms and very hospitable hosts. The breakfasts were amazing and German themed!! Everyone was friendly and gave recommendations to local hot spots! Will visit again! The soaps and the bath salts are too die for. Stayed in the attic room which was great because you have the whole floor to yourself !

Room Tip: Attic room, seperate bathroom but it was HUGE!!! So nice to have the whole floor to yourselves.
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

A lovely bed and breakfast close to Chincoteague Island. Very clean and quiet with sweet little touches to make your stay comfortable! The innkeeper and assistant, Michelle, were very friendly and helpful. I only stayed for one night on my way to North Carolina, but would definitely return again. Perhaps for a mini vacation next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Once again we had a fabulous time staying here and enjoyed the staff, food and room. Would recommend this place to family and friends! We had excellent breakfast every morning and enjoyed walking the grounds that are very well maintained. The staff does a great job of keeping all the building clean and neat.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

The property itself is stunningly beautiful and well kept. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was accomodating and very, very hospitable. Dorothee was always available and accomodated special requests without hesitation. Everynight, we enjoyed complimentary Port in the drawing room of the garden house. I appreciated that other areas of the property were available to us even though we were not staying in those buildings.

The best part of this stay was the food at breakfast. My mom didn't get to partake being lactose intollerant, but I chowed down. The cherry cake-like breakfast was mouth watering, and the egg roule and quiche the other mornings were delectible.

I would absolutely consider staying at this location again if I travelled with my dog again. That's why I chose it. They were super dog-friendly and there were multiple dogs on the property with other guests while we were there. There's a great yard to run around and play in out back.

My only hesitation in recommending the place is it's location on the map. It wasn't a bear to get to area attractions, but you do have to drive everywhere. Whereas if you were to stay on Chincoteague, you would be much closer and could walk to everything. I would probably opt for that convenience next time... and may regret missing out on the unequivocal hospitality of the Garden and Sea B&B. The other thing about the location -- and don't be turned off by this -- is that it is right off of Highway 13 with undesirable businesses like a tatoo parlor a block away. Other than the initial shock of driving into the neighborhood, that didn't distract from the place. Once you're on the property, you're transported to a more serene environment.

My mom slept on the futon in the living room of the Shiraz room. She said it was comfortable and had a good night sleep every night except for the night the neighbors left their porch light on.

I slept in the bedroom with a comfy king bed and a room that went pitch black at night. I also enjoyed the jacuzzi tub everynight. The bath salts the B&B provides are wonderful. The water there, however, is very sulfuric so it smells bad.

The only reason I marked one box down on service and cleanliness was due to some very very minor oversights by housekeeping... such as not replacing the empty kleenex, not providing a full set of clean towels when the soiled ones were left in the tub, and not wiping out the sink or cleaning the tub well, and not vaccuming the front room. I'm sure if I had brought these small things to the attention of management, they would have been corrected immediately. They didn't bother me, but I can see a more exacting visitor being annoyed given the detail with which everything else was.

Overall, I do recommend staying here.

Room Tip: There are 3 buildings. The garden house has the nicest "lounge" area. I wouldn't want...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Very warm and nice innkeepers. We love Victorian homes with antique charms so this place was perfect for us! Very comfortable beds. LOVED our double jacuzzi. Relaxing and romantic :-) Best, most amazing breakfast you could ever ask for! Eggs Benedict, Carrot Cake pancakes with bacon, French toast with apricot wine sauce and sausage plus fresh juice and fresh fruit and cereal. Wonderful! Water smelled a bit funny but not a deal breaker. Complimentary soda and water bottles along with snacks and homemade cookies. Used towels from the hotel to take to the beach. A 20 min drive to the island but well worth it!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Garden and Sea Inn? Share your experiences!