“Best view,food,service and ambience.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel The Hermitage
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Rishikesh
Bangalore, India
“Best view,food,service and ambience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I went to Rishikesh this summer with my friends and visited in Hotel Hermitage for two days. Roof top restaurant is the most attractive part of this hotel, we enjoyed dinner in the lap of mountains. Calm breeze took my heart away and clock ticked 1 am without my notice. Service is also awesome. Around 8 am they have a Yoga class in the Buddha Hall in hotel itself, with is a worthy experience. A local chef cooks very good food indeed. It would certainly rate it 9/10.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Harshit D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

As I was traveling alone, I was a little concerned about the accommodation. A friend of mine referred me to Hotel Hermitage and I can't thank him enough. The location of the hotel is the best you can ask for in Rishikesh. It is surrounded by the best ashrams and Ganga is at walking distance.
The best parts of the hotel: the internet, hot water, extremely professional YOGA sessions,the roof top restaurant and the HOSPITALITY (staff was very helpful and available all the time).
I recommend HOTEL HERMITAGE to all...Its one of its kind :-)

Room Tip: "Every room have a very spacious balcony with a beautiful view"
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Alyusra
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Outstanding service and a very comfortable environment. Warm, reliable and extremely helpful staff. Everytime I go to India, I always visit Rishikesh and I have stayed at The Hermitage 5 times and this is my favourite hotel in Rishikesh, close to the everything. The rooms are spacious, the bedding and soft furnishings new, the beds are huge and there is no mould in the showers like many other hotels have. Balconies to every room.

All in all, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tarun-kumar-007
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I have visited Hotel Hermitage in month of April 2013 with my friends. The rooms are very luxurious, clean and well maintained. Hotel staff was good in service and manner. The prices are also good in this category.

Devendra Singh

Room Tip: Good hill views from IInd floor rooms
Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Nakul503
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed at the Hermitage hotel for one week and it was one of the most confusing and frustrating experiences of my entire India trip. The hotel itself is very nice, with the best hot water shower I had in India (not that you need it in Rishikesh) and pretty rooms. The staff, however, is their downfall. At any given time, there are three to four men lolling about in the hotel lobby, usually watching cricket. Any time I asked for something, for example a bedsheet or a towel, which don't come standard to the room, they looked at me like I was a complete bother. Any food I ordered, I had to follow up on multiple times. My room didn't get cleaned for the first three days of my stay, so when I asked for housekeeping, the man stopped by my room as I was changing. I asked him to come back in 20 minute and he agreed. When I came back to the hotel a few hours later, I saw that the room still hadn't been cleaned. When I inquired, I was curtly informed that the cleaner had left for the day (it was 2:00pm) and that perhaps my room would be cleaned the next day. In addition, they boast wifi internet, but it is only turned on if you request it. I am a writer and keep a travel blog, so wifi internet was one of the reasons I chose to stay at the Hermitage. They would turn the Wifi off in the middle of my using it, and would roll their eyes whenever I asked for it to be turned on.

The true icing on the cake, however, was being alerted by a fellow traveler staying across the road that my bathroom window allowed a full view of me nude while showering, and that this view was being enjoyed by lurking Indian men at night. When I asked the hotel staff if I could have a curtain over the window, they told me "It is not possible" and made me feel like I was crazy, that the man was probably just cleaning the terrace and not looking at me. When I insisted, the manager told me that I shouldn't worry, that he would "keep an eye out" for me. Apparently privacy while bathing is just too much to ask for.

Staying at the Hermitage was a complete contrast to every other place I have stayed in India, even those that cost 100 rupees! I was completely shocked and disappointed by the lazy and rude staff.

Room Tip: Choose room 101 if you want to give a free nude show to the local men outside your bathroom window.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank runningblonde
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Nice location and cost effective for group stay as they have spacious dormitory and roof top restaurant for hangout and buffet. Thanks for all personalized services and free internet. Better go for atleast a week so you can enjoy yoga, rafting and other alternative healing.

3 Thank mimizo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Along with team, I went to Rishikesh for a shooting of documentary. This hotel made us to give the best as it has got a such a tranquil aura and friendly staff are very cooperative. I would love to visit again. I must appreciate their tariff. They are the best.

Room Tip: Room facing Ganga
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends