“Very good, quiet hotel with balconies outlook to gardens and mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rishikesh
Hotel Narayana Kunj
Ranked #46 of 120 Rishikesh B&B and Inns
Napier, New Zealand
“Very good, quiet hotel with balconies outlook to gardens and mountains”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Every room has a balcony with a green outlook. There is a very good Ayurvedic Spa and first class yoga classes with excellent teachers scheduled throughout the day, either in the garden or the yoga halls upstairs.

I spent a month in my room, 401,which was entirely satisfactory though the walls of the bathroom could use a good clean. While I could have stayed in one of the many nearby guest houses for half them price I paid (400rps a night, long term price, no AC, off season, normally $550rps no AC) I stayed on here as I loved the calming view from my balcony. you should also note they charge an extra 80rps for WiFi in your room. This was then first time I was charged extra in 6
weeks prior travel in India. Using Wifi or Internet in the lobby is 20rps hourly.

Getting here from Haridwar is not straightforward. You take a taxi or Tuk Tuk to Ram Jhula bridge and from there you must walk across the bridge and uphill for about 20 minutes. It is
possible to ask the hotel organize a porter for you if would find this difficult or you have a disability. It is possible to get a taxi to take you quite close to the hotel, about a 5 min level walk, however you would have to check with the hotel how to arrange this. Its a much longer, hair raising windy mountain drive. I left this way and it was a welcome relief however you pay a much higher price for this service, 900rps.

The best cafes nearby are #1, the delightful Oasis, and 2nd, Moondance. The hotel serves reasonably priced food and you can get it delivered to your room.

Oh yes, it is 'relatively' quiet compared to others in India. There is nearby building noise, morning chanting, etc. Indian life starts at 5-6am and you may woken up early. I didnt mind. It was a relief to hear nom traffic noise.

Staff is friendly and always helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Nitboc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bombay, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The best place ever i stayed.Near Ram jhuola and walk in distance from main attraction.Parmarth Ashram where ganga aarti is performed every evening.Narayana Kunj is famous due to their yogshala sanskriti yogpeeth which offer Certificate course by their studio and many international companies work closely with them hiring their place for group yoga retreat or teacher Programs.this place is really heavenly and all rooms are mountain facing toward a famous temple.its garden is used by yogis for meditation and evening yoga perform.would love to back at stay at this cheap & the best ashram.Rooms are clean.Food is Supurb without much of spice and oil..Friendly staffs.The best cook - Chamoli is very nice boy.it is such an awesome place to join for yoga course offered by sanskriti yogpeeth or spritual stay.
Thank to owner and other staffs for their friendly guesture.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank bobby_1682
germany - borken
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Anups Yoga Class !

Thank you very very much for your warm and wonderful yoga lessons. You are teaching with a open heart and mind. My wife and I can feel that you love yoga and teaching yoga.
Your yoga class ist very exact, traditional and the most parts J are not to hart, so that also beginners can feel secure in your class. The traditional Shivanada Yoga Stil mixed with other parts is that kind of yoga we love. It´s good for all people to every time. The right kind to making Asana, Pranayama, Meditation and not forget the very important part of Yoga, the right relaxation, we have found in your class. Seldom we have meet such a authentic and genuin yoga teacher like you.
We feel in very good hands with you - so we hope to see us again next year !

Narayana Kunj is a lovley hotel on a great place.

Shivaram Uwe Strauß
Yogateacher and Meditation /Germany

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank uwe123_6
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I stayed at Narayana Kunj in the heart of the world's yoga capital for 3 weeks in December 2010. As I was spending so long in the town I looked at a lot of accomodation on that side of the river, Ram Joula. I picked what I thought looked like the best, which also had other guests staying there (as it was low season and many places were empty). I was offered a scooter pick up to help me bring my things from the other Ram Joula guesthouse I was staying at, which I thought was a really nice gesture. I was shown a few different rooms and was impressed by the gorgeous view from the balcony, looking at moutains and fields. The room I had was very good value. The beds were very firm and comfortable. The showers were the best I've every experienced in India. But besides the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel what made this such a memorable place for me was definitely the staff. Nicky, Raveen, Vicky (the yoga teacher - there is a yoga studio on the top floor of the hotel), and all the other guys were super friendly, fun and a pleasure to hang out with, accomodating, professional and are now my friends.

I would highly recommend this new hotel, set in quiet surroundings in an area of Ram Joula off the main street. You'll pass cows in the alley ways, children playing cricket and local families to get to the hotel. There is a restaurant at the hotel, but due to it being low season it was not open when I was there. The hotel has 4 internet enabled computers, with good speeds and facilities - such as scanner and printer. The hotel is cleaned everyday and towels are provided. Bicycles are available to rent and the guys at the hotel will go out of their way to help you with whatever you need during your stay.

I will stay here each time I return to Rishikesh and will keep my fond memories of my stay, the hotel and its staff.

Thanks Narayana Kunj! I miss you!!

Room Tip: 1st or 2nd floor. Rooms are same.