“Camp Feel Factor - Should be renamed Feel Good Factor”
Review of Camp Feel Factor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rishikesh
Camp Feel Factor
New Delhi, India
“Camp Feel Factor - Should be renamed Feel Good Factor”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This (25th Feb ~ 26th Feb 2012) was the second time I had gone for rafting. The first time was around a year ago and then about 20 of us had travelled and stayed at a Hotel (concrete :( !!!! .... ) .... After the first rafting experience I had decided I will come again. This time we (7 of us) wanted to stay in the midst of nature to enjoy the adventure experience and chose "Camp Feel Factor"

To be honest - the first impression I got after we got off the car to go up to the camp .... and while going up ..... I said .... Man !!! the camp is too high 250 mts up the steep hill and I was huffing and puffing and upset after the long drive .... and wondering what the heck !!! I am already tired !!! .... But the good thing is the boys come down to pick up your bags for you .... Whilst huffing and puffing .... I said to myself .... girl !! this is the adventure ... you unhealthy body !! cant take even this much of incline ?? Anyhow the scenic beauty on the way with the narrow paths just took my breath away and I forgot all about the upsetness within a few minutes.

So .... we reach up .... and before you can say "viola" there's this nice helping hand who immediately comes and gives me a refreshing welcome juice.... his smiling and welcoming face drains all the tiredness away. Then i get the first view of the camp, nice .... around 20 plus tented huts .... area kept very clean, nice pool, the washrooms are cemented and very very clean. For me ... the bed was not as much as the concern as the washrooms .... I was hoping they would be clean ..... and they certainly were spik and span !! The beds and the bedding was so clean, warm and cozy .... too good.

The camp owner Vikram, was there to welcome us and to take us through for what he had planned for us and to offer suggestions.

Though we reached the camp after 11am .... and inspite of us knowing that breakfast is served till 10:00 am only ..... we were so happy to know that we'll still get to eat some breakfast, the food was good, simple but deliciously cooked.

Packed lunch was sent for us to be eaten immediately after completing the long stretch of rafting, again inspite of us saying to Vikram that we have had good breakfast and that we'll have dinner later, he insisted that we agree for packed lunch since by the time we finish rafting and return it will be late and after rafting we will be famished (so that goes out to show his concern and wanting to take good care of our needs). He was right ..... after rafting we jumped at the sight of food and relished the packed lunch served through the car boot.

The bonfire in the evening coupled with the songs already being played at the camp was so relaxing.... we had great time dancing and singing. Again because we were lost in our enjoyment, did not notice that we had kept the local help waiting for us to have dinner .... we ultimately had it after 11pm. Goes out to show how co-operative the personnel at the camp are.

The next morning the guys in our group enjoyed a great time at the pool, and after breakfast, rappling, stone climbing we all bid adieu to Vikram and Camp Feel Factor with a promise that we will surely be returning again (soon!!)

Special thanks to Mukesh, Birender - the two helping hands whose names I know, and offcourse the other boys ... all of them with a very welcome smile on their faces. Ooops !! forgot to mention Jacky .... the camp dog !! very friendly and like the other boys very welcoming of strangers and making friends with them in an instant !!

All in all, the place is good, combined with great hospitality, and best of all proper hygene is maintained and all needs are nicely looked after.

Room Tip: Pool Facing Tents ..... great view of the valley
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank Suman0601

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
delhi
Reviewed 27 February 2012

well for the first time i went to this camp in November of 2010 then almost after every second month i use to be there. To tell you the truth the camp is situated in the God's arm. the mornings in this camps are unforgettable so are the sunsets.The best attraction for people like me was the pool and the music. i love to go there all the time. the hospitality the food, the tents, the facility is just great in fact one word for all of this is just THE because everything is best in my words. i completely loved the experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank sabya121
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I came in here few months back with a couple of friends and trust me this is the place to be to have a great weekend escape. A Good two days spend here camping trekking bonfire and on top of that good music too. We guys had a ball and i still remember the place with its wonderful ambiance and good hospitality, food is another factor because of which i like this place-clean and hygienic. Definitely one should come here with friends to witness what it has!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank 9873166233
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My feel factor experience has been more than a brilliant one as it factored in the elements of adventure, fun, and serenity. Nestled in the himalayan foothills overlooking the path of meandering river ganga, the camp delivered more than what I expected.

The high point of my trip was especially at night when all you can hear is the sound of the river as it courses its way through the rocks.

In my views, the camp scores good because of its location, accommodation, food, and great customer service, and yes, brownie points for swimming pool!!!! (surely a surprise me factor!!!)

Will surely recommend this camp to my mates.

Cheers

Nick

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anilsreenivas
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I am Snehashish pal, a passionate photographer by nature. I have been to places in India. But I remember few destinations which worth my journey of a life time. The camp “Feelfactor” at kaudiyala is one of them. It is the most ideal place for those who are adventure freak and avid nature lover. Only 1 hour drive from Rishikesh, this camp is a single stop for adventure with combination of fun in the forest & it certainly fill your journey with immense pleasure and excitement. When sun goes down, the Bonfire and light music gives you new dimension of relaxation. One can experience the charm of the magnificent River GANGA flowing besides the entire length of the camp. Accommodation is in cottage style which are charming with open sit outs. It also has a swimming pool, open dinning space and badminton court for perfect amusement. All the tents are with 24 hrs power supply including attached modern toilet & bath.
A royal experience awaits those who choose to stay here. One may bask in the solitude in the warm sunshine, sit beneath the trees or walk along the river. River rafting, night tracking & mount climbing are few other activities which one can participate.
The most important thing which I need to describe here is the tasty and exotic food of this camp. It is really an exquisite experience for me that makes me visit this place again and again to experience the scrumptious food available there. It offers a warm and calm feel with incredible selection of Indian home food. Especially I like the mild creamy chicken curries with rice & chapattis.
Whenever I visit ’Feelfactor’, it always offers me an affair to remember my trip by adding serenely beauty and crisp mountain breeze with greatest living atmosphere………….I love camping, I love Feelfactor

For photos,please visit my FB account at Snehashish Pal (pal.ashish10@gmail.com) & album# The FeelFactor-Journey To The Mountains

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SNP593
new delhi
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is a pretty nice camp... v different from the others on the beach. the swimming pool is worth that dip when it gets hot. and the best part is u can jump in even at nite (as i did) on the hot muggy nite. food is good. staff very helpful. tents are clean and neatly kept. i enjoyed their hospitality and recommend it to all those who want to spend a nice time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Don't know where to start with...Starting from the location to food, everything was aw some..Had lots of fun in Pool...The most important and appreciable thing was the cleanliness of the camp..The staff was friendly and cooperative.I have suggested all my friends to check this camp out and all are giving the same feedback about it.
Will definitely plan to come here again...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sharmaricha94
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rishikesh
Camp Panther Rishikesh
#2 of 194 in Rishikesh
Elephant Brook Resort
Elephant Brook Resort
#21 of 194 in Rishikesh

Been to Camp Feel Factor? Share your experiences!