“I love it”

Green Valley Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rishikesh
Green Valley Cottage
Moscow, Russia
“I love it”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had stayed in Green Valley cottage some years before when I travelled with my family and we liked it then this is why I decided to stay there again. Besides, I absolutly love the Highbank area. And I didn't regret it! I was lucky to get the rooftop room and absolutely loved it. The only thing I felt upset about is that I it was a very short visit this time. I wish I could stay there longer....

Room Tip: I love the rooftop room as it's the only room there. And the view is great!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank svargamarga

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Green valley cottage is such a nice place that it seems you are residing in your own place. Rooms are clean and big with Hot shower facility in every bathrooms make your stay much more comfotable.Television was there in rooms and upto 3 person could stay in one room - Good for the budget travellers. Booked my room by calling Pankaj, he is a nice fellow greets you well with a big smile. My room on first floor was quite good with no outside voice. Upstairs terrace was nice if someone wants to see the actual nature greenery. Parking is also there. Stayed two days in cottage. I enjoyed my trip.

Room Tip: Rooms are big and clean
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I have been there long time ago it been almost 4 year when I want there first time the hotel is very nice and cheap clean as well and it on hight of hills so the view is good far from main town so so you find quite and peaceful
I will it nice choice to stay there

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

A very nice and peacefull place to spend your time in hrishikesh as the rooms are not at all costly, quick service, nice and clean rooms, good hoapitality and free WIfi , what else do you want from a guest house, and now the new restaurant Bistro Nirvana acts as a Cherry on the Cake for Green Valley Corttage,A Total value for money..

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SumitBhatt
Russia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The place is very quiet, It is a small, clean, simple cottage near a forest. Friendly owners, do not disturb your loneliness. Lovely to wake up with sound of birds when the sun rises. And at night you can hear the mewing of peacocks) There is a roof from where you can watch the moon. Especially great to come here in the low season.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lellet
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We decided to visit Rishikesh not for a pilgrimage but to be close to nature that’s what exactly this great place offers you. It’s a perfect nine room guest house with perfect cleanliness and most helpful staff I have ever seen. It’s located a little inside on the highway but it’s a noble relief from the Jams on the main road. They have just opened a new restaurant “NIRVANA” & I must say again it’s a delight to your palate. I stayed for three nights but after looking at the cleanliness of the show kitchen, I could not dare to eat anywhere else as it was at par with any five star hotels and being an hotelier I truly understand the importance of the cleanliness. The Owner is a very humble young guy Pankaj who is always ready to go that extra mile to turn your moments into memories. They have a wonderful terrace to spend your evenings on & it’s a walking distance from the both Ram Jhula & Lakshman Jhula. They have a quick laundry service as well as a added bonus .
To summarize its pros & Cons.
Pros:
• Location – In middle of Mango Groves & nature
• Cleanliness – Very Clean rooms with perfect white linen
• Cost – Five star Service at half the price
• Food – Awesome , outstanding , too Good – I do not have words to describe – They have Indian , Chinese , Tibetan , Greek , Continental , Israeli & anything else you need .
• Staff: very personalized, humble & passionate.
Cons:
• Sorry Guys I could find none.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pooja B
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Amazing place to be, you'll get the best hospitality here...

I believe most of the point have been covered by "OM Taracandra" below

in case you missed it "Green Valley Cottage A quiet place of peace On the edge of Rishikesh, away from traffic and roads, surrounded by forest, rests the Green Valley Cottage. Frequented by long staying travelers and yogis, many of whom have returned from past good experiences, the cottage is a family run place with a strong spiritual tradition. The rooms are well maintained and very clean, and of various sizes and budgets. From frugal young backpacker’s ‘monk cell’, to large family rooms with kitchen, all is well thought out. Full electrical backup, for those embarrasing moments that tell you India is still developing, is there, and for those hotter days of May onward, the Summer season, air conditioning is in most rooms... excluding of course the ‘monks cells’, where suffering is preferred in the heat of tapas - just joking. Also Wifi is free... bring your gear. The Cottage has just opened a new restaurant in the back, amongst a grove of mango trees. There are restaurants also nearby that cater to the western pallete, and also there are small shops for personal needs. After more than six years of staying at the cottage on and off, my home in India, I can heartedly recommend it to you, and please do enjoy your stay in Rishikesh. OM Taracandra"

Room Tip: excellent clean rooms, best hospitality, A/C rooms available
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rishikesh
60's Green Hills
#16 of 119 in Rishikesh
Green Land Swiss Cottage
Green Land Swiss Cottage
#4 of 6 in Tapovan

Been to Green Valley Cottage? Share your experiences!