“Hikes with Views”

Sattva Spa and Wellness Retreat
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Rishikesh
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Sattva Retreat is the place of choice for gorgeous hikes into the foothills of the Himalayas. Just minutes away over a pedestrian suspension bridge there are numerous trails leading into indigenous villages of pristine beauty. Don't miss it.

Room Tip: 301 -- beautiful sunrises!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stefan H
Sattva Spa and ... R, Manager at Sattva Spa and Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Namaste!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We glad to know that you like our property and enjoyed your stay at Sattva. This feedback is really helpful for all of us. Thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Team sattva

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed at the Sattva Centre twice - for more than 2 weeks each time - and I will stay there again when I return to India in 2014. Each of my experiences has been fantastic.

The Sattva Centre is a beautiful retreat - the perfect environment to find stillness and ease. Nestled in a gorgeous valley, the views and the surrounding hiking trails are stunning, and the natural beauty of the space creates a powerful energy. The rooms are spacious and well decorated, the bathrooms are clean and new and beautiful - much more luxurious than what I find in the US! As a young woman traveling on my own, I am always fully comfortable at Sattva.

I have to say, I find some of the reviews on here very difficult to reconcile with my two experiences at Sattva. I have always been treated with the utmost kindness and hospitality, and the staff has been quick to answer any questions and meet my needs. I love the food and have experienced true healing of a long-standing injury with the staff in the spa. I recommend the Sattva Spa and Wellness very highly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kelly H

Namaste!

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are blissful to know that you appraised our services. Your feedback is really helpful for us to motivation of the team. We are delighted to know that you enjoy our services. We are happy to deliver our best to you.

Thank you for your visit, we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I arrived to Sattva after a long, long drive from Delhi and to my surprise, I fell in love with this space and felt a major connection with India as a result of my stay at Sattva. Anand and his staff were amazing to deal with, it is obvious that they've read the reviews on here and worked to improve. Tons of signage on the roads, very tasty vegetarian food and extremely friendly staff.
Most important is the feeling of home you have from the moment you entered the property. While still being a hotel/retreat, they added extras for us like accommodating the ladies with out group who had gluten allergies by ensuring all the food was marked (almost always everything was without gluten). The staff knew everyone's name after being introduced only once, a very nice touch when going to a place so far home. And Anand was terrific to learn from, for such a young man he is wise belong his years. I will hold his lessons close to my heart forever and am honoured to learned from him. I strongly suggest getting a reading, he was bang on with many aspects of my life and gave me amazing advice on how to move forward.
Spa services were great, though I would have loved if they offer facials (anything to get the Delhi pollution off my skin!), I had two massages from the gentleman masseuse and his hands were magical, my friend had the young girl work on her and she was in bliss after her treatments.
The only downfall is the internet cuts in and out but this is typical for such rural areas and one must have a car to go to town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Namaste!

Thank you for taking the time to posing a valuable review. We are pleased to know that you appraised our services. This feedback is really helpful for all of us.

Thank you very much for your recent visit and we look forward to see you again at Sattva.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was stayed at Sattva with my family. This is a beautiful resort has enchanting view of mountain and river. The room was excellent, comfortable, sparkling clean. Food was excellent the services were too good, fast and quick. We had healed Ayurvedic massage at the center. The therapist was excellent. The staff at the center is so attentive and friendly. They helped us to plan my day tour of sightseeing. I can say the whole center is amazing...………

We felt like honored guests. Our stay was comfortable, enjoyable and memorable. We will choose Sattva center again for my next visit to Rishikesh. Best thing at center is situated at natural environment. Yoga, meditation and full service spa is available at the center. You can heal various Ayurvedic treatments under the supervision of Ayurvedic doctors. This place is amazing for retreat at Rishikesh.

Room Tip: All rooms are having specific value
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Sattva is a very good peaceful and beautiful resort in Rishikesh . the people are very nice and room are very good.i llike to go there again with my family .Sattva spa seemed a very good choice As we arrived

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Sattva Spa and ... R, Manager at Sattva Spa and Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Namaste!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and encouraging our services.

Your feedback is really helpful for us to motivation of the team. We are delighted to know that our services were at par your expectation. We are happy to deliver our best to you.

Thank you for your recent visit, we look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Travelling all the way from Norway we were eager to find a place that could fullfill some of our wishes for the trip. First of all we wanted a place where we could practice and learn some (more) yoga . From the reviews and the pictures Sattva spa seemed a very good choice. As we arrived we were met in an rather unfriendly way and did not feel very welcome. To our big disappointment the yoga teacher and owner Mr. Anand had gone for a motorcyckle holiday. We could use the yoga hall , but no fan and air condition, which made our yogaessions a rather sweaty affair. A room had been prepared for us, but as my wife has a bad leg, we asked for the bungalow with ground entrance. That room was not clean and when my wife found a scorpion in the bed we accepted the room that had been prepared. That room was fine and had a good view. The sheets however were not clean and when we asked for new ones, they only turned them around. When we asked for the room safe to be opened nothing happened and the same with a request for some cleaning of ants in the room. The food was good but very limited in choice and the first two days we mostly ate potatoes as they had not bought any food for the guests. Still we paid far more than twice the prices for similar food in Rishikesh. The manager was friendly as was the man that served us food (he seemed a bit embarrassed in fact). The only thing that was up to standards that would be expected in such a place was the spa. Expensive, but clean, a good atmosphere and a sweet and very skilled massage woman. The place as a whole was not as expected and when my new Gopro Hero3 camera with some spectacular shots disappeared we had enough and left the place before scheduled. We had to pay (full price) for the whole stay, but were glad to go to Rishikesh.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janb1005
Reviewed 26 June 2013

it was a highly disappointing.
the owner was insensitive and irresponsible (mr.malhotra)
there was no electricity for most of the time of our stay and it was considered alright (by the owner)in the month of june!!
the food was not worth the money we paid
no one took responsibility for the poor management
bathrooms were not that clean
it is far away from the city and the route is complicated. however the owner dis not even consider putting sign boards!!
ALSO THE OWNER STATED THAT WERE TRYING TO ATTRACT FOREIGN CROWD...so to all
u Indians....dont bother visiting this plsce...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kavita513
Sattva Spa and ... R, Manager at Sattva Spa and Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

We have received your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. Since we pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests, it was concerning to know about your negative feedback of your stay experience. You were also stayed with us on 8th of Jun. We understand your concern that the power was cuts off only that day from evening time to next day morning due to some major fault in electric main line of UPCL. The concern authority UPCL was not able to restore the electricity by next 24hrs. As you may be aware that we had a power back up Genset installed which used to take less than 10 seconds for electricity to start again. The Genset ran from early evening to early morning. Due to running continuously with load the genset was over heated and stopped. After all this every things went wrong for Sattva. We raised this issue with UPCL who didn’t restore the power by next 24 hrs. We know how that incident was spoiled the mood of our guest. It was really very disappointment to the guest. We assure you that your valuable feedback is taken in utmost seriousness and the process to improve the areas of concern has already been taken. We would like to impart you that we have taken a separate High Tension connection to avoid these power cuts. We apologies for any inconvenience caused.

It is clear from your review here that you wrote in a lot of anger. Even when our manager had explained to you the whole situation regarding electricity you still were not ready to understand. You never talked to our owner ..as they were not even in available to talk to anyone at that time. So I dont understand why write such exaggerated comments.
As food is concern, Sattva is wellness center and all our food is of highest quality and all vegetarian. Most of our food comes from our own organic farm or other farms all local and organic. All food will be fresh and has high Paranic energy. We focus on worthiness of food. It is really very upset for the management after reading such comment on food. Otherwise the guest from all over the world appraises our food quality and services. The food is priced according to the quality served. It is not a road side dhaba after all.

We again apologize for the discomfort and the disappointment that you faced. Please give us an opportunity by visiting us again and experiencing our hospitality in a new light.