“Only Walls...not much else.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fort Pilar

Fort Pilar
San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Only Walls...not much else.”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The walls and ramparts are great to see, but that's pretty much it. Also, during my visit it was under construction and restoration. The outdoor church was nice and quaint...average place to visit.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank TJT A

Manila
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Reminds me of Intramuros”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is a nice place to go to when visiting Zamboanga City. It's right next to Paseo Del Mar. Ready your camera to capture shots of the fort area similar to the one in Intramuros Manila.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ecyor
Pasig, Philippines
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Religious,Historical Treasure..Only in Zamboanga.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is one of , if not the most sacred places in Zamboanga for me. Being a local, I go there for novenas and mass but everytime I go there it never fails to uplift my spirituality. I love the sunset masses being held, the miracle stories and aparitions that were passed on through generations and those numerous moments when it was heavily raining then it would suddenly stop to give way for the mass to push through.....This place has so many believers and devotees..This is where I wanna get married and I would always go here whenever Im at a low point in my life.....Truly a treasure in zamboanga...

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ErgiesTessa
Tacloban
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Historical and a Worship Place”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

On Nov 2012, we went to Tawi-tawi and on our way back home, we dropped by Zamboanga. We stayed in a dormitory, and luckily, the school where it was located was just next to Fort Pilar and at a walking distance to Paseo del Mar.

I was really glad I was able to hear a Sunday Mass in Fort Pilar. The idea of having a mass in a structure with no roof, amazed me, for this is not possible in Eastern Visayas. Despite of the place being open, the Eucharistic Celebration was still solemn.

But if you go out of Fort Pilar, there are candle vendors that will offer you their products.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Brenda G
Makati
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Historical. Good only for a 15 minute visit”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

There was really nothing to do here. Once you've seen the place it is best to leave quickly. There were many soldiers at the gate. Children selling candles were all over the place. Thugs came to ask for money because they said they were guarding our car. They weren't. They looked like common thugs. We couldn't say no as we were all women and strangers to the place.

Visited September 2012