“Horrible! Worst establishment in Ko Chang, bad service , false advertising and bad food”
Review of Cookies Hotel

Cookies Hotel
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This place is horrible!

Booked new years eve tickets to an event at the restaurant, we were getting there late so we asked during the day if this was ok as we had a diving tour booked. No less than 3 staff members told us this was ok.

So we arrive at 8 30 pm - the food was a buffet type set up, horrible! It was cold and had bugs crawling through the buffet food. When brought to the attention of staff by my Thai talking girlfriend she was laughed at. When we asked for our money back because the food was cold (after being assured that arriving at 830 pm was ok) she was laughed at again.

I asked to speak to the manager but was told he refuses to come out and see me. Overall this place is the worst on Ko Chang (this was my 4th visit)that Ihave exprienced and almost the worst I have exprienced in SEA.

Avoid at all costs. Ko Chang has many many fine restaurants with genuine staff and management that want to look after their customers sadly, Cookies Ko Chang is not one of them!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob S

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is placed directly on the beach. The food is same same as the other restaurant in the area. Not bad, but ok and cheap. Both thai, western and seafood BBQ. The service is friendly and quite fast

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MrBarfoed
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were booked in to stay at this hotel for 5 nights at the end of this month and were hugely disappointed on arrival. Be warned - there are 2 sites for the hotel and one is across a fairly busy road next to a concrete wall. This site is not advertised on booking.com etc, as all the pics are of the beach side site. However the only twin rooms available are all on the road side site - and are definitely not worth £40 per night.

And to top it all off, on returning to pick up our refund today, I have had to deal with a very rude female member of staff who has left me waiting for 45 mins saying 'in a moment' and running off to hide the 3 times she has been behind the desk to ask where the refund is.

Fortunately we were sensible enough to get the cancellation agreement in writing so I am hopefully now going to receive the refund after a long and arduous process.

I would not recommend staying here at all if a twin room is required, and would definitely make sure you check which site your room will be on before booking. Also, good luck if anything goes wrong as it will take an age to sort!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Harrietmt
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The location is second to none our room looked out onto the beach and the view was great. Unfortunately that's where the compliments finish. The rooms are not well maintained our bathroom had black mould on the ceiling and the bath was not in good condition. Our air con started leaking water so we were moved to another room but we were only in that room for 6 hours before a leak from the ceiling forced us into another room. The rooms were cleaned daily but not very well. The breakfast was average at best with little variety. I asked to speak to the manager but they were never avaliable I was given an email address to contact but that just bounces back. In conclusion this hotel offers poor value for money and customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
The location is the only thing going for it

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel is located just on the beach if you have the beach room, if not they will put you in the room on the other side of the street so be aware about the when you book the room. But if you get the room at the beach you Im sure you will be happy because it has a very good location.
This hotel is for sure not new and I think it needs some maintenance but overall it’s a nice hotel with a nice pool that you can relax the whole day. Only one problem with the pool is that you need to grab a sun chair early in the morning to get one and the people that get a sun chair just keep their stuff at the sun chair the whole day even if they go the their rooms or to eat some food…
They do have internet that works ok
The breakfast is nice and you can choose many things from the buffé
I can recommend this hotel even if its little old…

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My wife and I noticed this hotel when we were at a tourist desk at our hotel in Bangkok. We liked the name and thought the price was reasonable. The hotel is at White Sands beach which I think is closest to the ferry (versus Lonely beach and the other beaches). The hotel is actually split into two parts which sit across the street from each other. We had to check into the lobby on the side closer to the beach (beachside) and then walk to our room across the street to the other building (landside).

The hotel was nice, clean and had plenty of space. There was a mini-fridge stocked with some water and soda. I think there was also some vodka and chips on the dresser. I do not remember if we had to pay for the water but everything else cost something. The beachside portion of the hotel had a restaurant which served complimentary breakfast to guests (It was okay).

Beachside also held a very nice, large pool with a poolside bar and a children's pool. The pool sat right on the beach front and had a nice view of the ocean. The pool was one of those endless pools where water flowed over one side. The pool was a little dirty however, at one point there was part of a tree branch in the pool along with a healthy amount of sand. The beach front was okay, a little small although the ocean was nice. It stayed shallow for quite a while.

Overall we had no problems, liked the location and I enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben492
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This hotel had a perfect beach location. They had everything you needed and were helpful when they needed to be. The rooms are just decent. They're older and not as well kept as some of the other hotels we've stayed at in Thailand, but it wasn't terrible.

The hotel has a breakfast buffet which is just okay. They also had a restaurant, but I didn't try it. They have seating under a roof as well as seating on the beach which makes it nice and romantic if that's the kind of night you're looking for.

They advertise that they have a jacuzzi, but from what I experienced, there wasn't one. There was a kiddie pool and a larger pool that had jets coming out of one small area of the pool. They hotel also is located to many other restaurants and budget and mid range hotels as well. There were a lot of nicer hotels, but this was pretty decent aside from the older type rooms.

FYI: don't go to the COOKIES HAIR SALON. I don't think they are affiliated with the hotel, but the ladies there will totally do a crap job, give you services that appear to free--but aren't, and totally overcharge you. Repeat. Do not go to the Cookies Hair Salon connected to the hotel. The massage place should be fine, but do not go to the hair salon for anything.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple