“Service with a smile”
Review of Bai Lan Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Bai Lan Bay Resort
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

After moving from White sands beach and a hotel with more mod cons but lacking in smiles, we were perfectly happy to do without the fridge or tv in exchange for the lovely ladies here, who cooked the most delicious food at street prices. The place has character and my boys loved watching monkeys play on the telephone wires opposite and finding a very large hermit crab crawling along the balcony one night. It really felt as if we were holidaying in the jungle although civilization is just 10 minutes down the road in the hippy resort of Lonely Beach and if you want to watch a film, why not go to The Kitchen, 3 films a night while you enjoy their cuisine.
They were quite happy for us to sleep 3 to a room and even discounted the price due to their internet not working. 6 or 7 different choices for breakfast -rice soup will fill you for the day!
I'd definitely return here if I were to visit Koh Chang again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tattoodaisy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Berlin
Reviewed 7 October 2012

A good Plac to chill - I agree, but nothing really special to say about this Place. I stood only 3 Days in a Hut, clean but very basic. Maybe it was also the wrong Time, as the small Beach was not very inviting to take a swimm. The Stuff is friendly and helpfull, nothing to complain about - but in my humble Opinion, the other Poster exagrate a bit about this Place in their Reviews about this Resort.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank StephanHinze
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I found this place on Tripadvisor and I just can't say enough good words about it. The staff was super-friendly, the food was amazing, and the whole experience was like being in a private paradise. The cabins are clean and comfortable, very good value, and perfectly situated along the small beach. If you really want to get away from it all, I can't imagine a more perfect place. And if you want to check your email, do a bit of shopping, or go to a bar, you can walk 10 minutes to Lonely Beach and get a dose of civilization. I will definitely be coming back here to this tropical gem!

Room Tip: There are 20 cabins and the ones from 16 up are more private.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank RebNov
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We loved the place for so many reasons.... The staff were welcoming and hospitable. We stayed in two rooms, one in the jungle and one on the beach and we would recommend both: spacious with screened windows and private balconies. All the bungalows are well spaced giving you a perfect view of the ocean and privacy from the other guests. The restaurant is relaxing with a fantastic view of the sea. The location is great as it is an easy 10 min walk to the shops and restaurants at lonley beach or 5 mins to bailin bay village.

Room Tip: Room 19 if you want to be near the sea and room 9 if you prefer to be in the jungle with good sea vi...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank alicefire
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stayed here after a bike accident. The girls were so nice to me, and the price for a 12 day stay was good deal (they gave me a big discount). This place was like a rescue for me after the accident, and after 8 months of traveling in the far east.

I read some books at the restaurant balcony, had some chat with the mother who own the place and fed the monkeys who were across the road.

My tip is to ask for a room with a terrace not right next to the beach but a bit at the hill. It's like a real jungle. There are lot's of stairs, and you have to walk to the near by village, yet it's magical. I give it 5 points.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Holland
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Quiet place just after the lonely beach backpacker resorts
Basic bungalo with nice view over the see
Very friendly staff
Do not expect cleaning of your bungalo every day or clean towls but the place is georgious
Restaurant serves good food with see view.
During our visit renovation of bungalows was going on.
No real swimming posibilties (rocky coast) but rent scooter and go to lonely beach or white sands for some real tropical beach.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tuurtje75
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Almost hesitant to post about this place as it is so beautiful and quiet and secluded and I wouldn't want that to change. However I owe it to the lovely family who run it to promote what they have created.

Right now it's mid May, not the lowest season but most definitely not high season. Even the backpacker ghetto 5 minutes down the road is pretty quiet and here it is perfectly silent, only the sounds of waves slowly tumbling onto the deserted beach below and the sounds of chopping as they prepare my cheap, delicious lunch.

I have found my paradise here, a beautiful bungalow at once on the beach and nestled in the jungle. I am the sole guest of the resort so I have my own private beach, the sweetest bungalow with terrace and tasteful fittings, nice lighting, a huge bed and lovely owners who are fattening me up with cheap, delicious food. Monkeys everywhere, stunning lizards the size of my outstretched hand and birds of every variety.

Prices are very good and yet all this is a 5 minute stroll to the backbacker ghetto called Lonely Beach (trust me, it is lonely no more) where I spend evenings drinking Chang and talking to random westerners over Bob Marley covers. So good to be able to get away from all that crap (for that is what it is, albeit fun crap at times) and come back to paradise.

The perfect place to write a novel. I just wish I could stay here a month.

Now please don't tell anyone.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo