“Koh Chang Lagoon resort LOST FOREVER!”

Koh Chang Lagoon Resort
Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My review of 01 July 2013 stands cancelled and irrelevant now. On about 12 Dec 2013 I took a trip down memory lane and re visited White Sand Beach and wanted to show my wife : Koh Chang Lagoon Resort where I enjoyed a good happy time. Believe me the place had changed beyond belief! In place of a luxuriant garden in front of my room, a relaxing green space, they have put up a monster of a swimming pool and destroyed the private peaceful ambience that prevailed in front of the room sit outs. The place is now not anything like it was and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone except those who maybe gung ho over SWIMMING POOLS right beside a delightful ocean. Now no more privacy for guests at this hotel.
Orlando.B Pune. India. 12 dec 2013.

Room Tip: I was about to rebook this hotel for another stay with my wife in Dec 2013. I am glad I did not. The...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Really liked the spacious superio double room, with a balcony overlooking the new pool. Large, comfortable beds, spacious bathroom With tub, enough room for storing clothes. Rooms are a bit worn, but have a cozy atmosphere with wooden Furniture. The rooms appear quite dark during daytime.
Very friendly staff (but i had problems understanding their English), did not see a trace of fleas or smell anything off (as mentioned in an other review). Location is excellent, right between the street and the Beach (I was not bothered by noise).
The pool is large and appealing, and situated practically right on the beach. The restaurant locaten on and by the beach serves good food, but the logistic is absent. Expect repeated questions and wrong deliveries from the waiters!
I got a very good deal in high-season, contacting the hotel via e-mail. At the price we got it`s a bargain.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The lagoon is more of a man made pond.

The rooms are tired and faded and the staff look the same.

Breakfast was ok rather than good and from what we saw of the island, most of the hotels are not really up to par.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete R
Reviewed 9 January 2014

First off, this place does not look like the images on the site/brochures, so you may miss it from the street.

They apparently had some booking issues because there were some angry folks in line who apparently had a reservation which was not showing up. They found our reservations, unfortunately.

We stayed in the new wing of the hotel. This was surprising because the room had 1970s wood panelling, a perpetually leaky something in the bathroom, a toilet that didn't flush all the way, and a really weird smell. Outside of our room was a completely different smell…that of garbage mixed with a sewer.

The staff was not very friendly at all, besides a couple smiles from the attendants cleaning the rooms. A few were actually rude.

But the icing on the cake was the fleas. YES, FLEAS. We woke up with bites everywhere, and they managed to hitch a ride along the rest of our vacation with us. We were worried they were bed bugs, but thankfully(I guess) they were just fleas.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The room is big but dark (no windows at all).
The cleaness in the room is OK but we didn't check very detaily.
The water letout in the bathroom is a bit stupid because it was in the opposite corner than where the shower is; so everytime when we showered, the whole floor of the bathroom got wet (so please note to put the carpet outside the bathroom, not just outside the shower curtain).
The door of the bathroom is also too low; my boyfriend is 186cm tall only and he has knocked his head several times when he entered the bathroom.
The breakfast was OK but nothing special.
The best of this hotel is probably its location; it's located in the popular area of white sand beach area so easy t oget to many restaurans, shops, and tour agents.
It also has very easy access to the beautiful beach so you ca enjoy the sun bath or take a nice swim very easily.
For divers there is a dive shop just next to the reception so it's convenient (but it's longer car ride to the Bang Bao pier from the White sand Beach area).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Very convenient location, Good food at reasonable prices, my room was accessible from the main road but I observed hotel staff keeping an eye and reporting with walkie talkies. Good breakfast. Reception co operative and helpful

No negative comments.

Room Tip: I stayed in 701 and it was well located and peaceful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Orlando B
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Went to Koh Chang end of March 2013, staying at Lagoon for 4 days. After rollercoaster ride up the mountain roads to white sand beach area arrived at hotel and pleasently suprised with our two rooms right next to each other, overlooking the beach and next to the restaurant.
Yes, there is wear and tear, shower curtain had stitching to fix and bed sheet had a tear in (which my niece thought was funny to make bigger but sheet was changed next day) but decoration of room was lovely and balcony over looking beach was great. To sit out there with a drink watching sunset was beautiful, outside my room was a large tree which was popular to get out of the sun, and a swing on the tree seemed to be everyone idea of a great holiday snap opportunity, us included.
When hungry there a lots of restaurants and bars to choose from just by walking up the beach. Breakfast was usual mix of Thai food and toast/eggs/ham, same as all over Thailand hotels. Once we ordered room service, mix of thai food and western food, all came very quickly even finding out to get the pizza etc they had gone to other restaurants !
Next door to hotel is a travel rep who we booked trip to crocodile show and elephant trek with and there was alot more to choose from so everthing is on doorstep.
My only gripe with hotel is the balcony in beach side rooms, was a low bar across, i think around knee level, we all felt uncomfortable leaving my niece on balcony unwatched. Room below on ground level preferable to people with small children.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family