“New pool”

Koh Chang Lagoon Resort
Ranked #54 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was our second stay at Lagoon Resort. This time we were in superior room. The room was dark, but ok. The bathroom was dated and dark. The room was spacious and we liked the balcony facing the beautiful sea. There was a new pool, which was well cleaned every night but I prefered the sea for swimming. Now you can get towels for day use.
The brakfast is still very basic with instant coffee. The prices are going higher every year, so some upgrade for the rooms should be done.
Anyway we love the beach and Koh Chang.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank metteling

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed her with my girlfriend for 5 nights and initially the place seemed fine on the night .near where things were happening,pool,on the beach .sea view over the pool .we had single beds as most do on the 1st floor . We asked them to make them up as a double pushed together and no problem this was done . All at 3150 baht with breakfast . We ate at their beach restraunt and was a bit disappointed by their apathy when the seafood was not the one I choose and weighed . But another one ,real amateur performance grilling scollops etc and you pay high for the experience. We slept well though the mattress are like a park bench .on other nights the noisy neighbouring rooms can be heard through the thin walls .
The breakfast was fantastic a choice of 3or4 Thai dishes ,fruit,cereals,salads omblete cooked by the chef ,sausages eggs toast etc tea &coffee . Cannot knock this breakfast at all then the next day different people (Russians I think) screaming ,unruly kids . Loud parents and this was the case around the pool .no consideration for others . This is a package place for Eastern Europeans .
The website says private beach and I wanted to take my bed 2 meters from pool to beach and was waved away dismissively by a Thai deck chair attendant . On enquiring about the private beach advertising on her website the owner said things have changed since she had the website done 12 years ago . She was thinking of getting it changed . But the beach belonged to the deck hair man and that was that. But later saw him using the hotel facilities . So the photo you see on the web page or on Agoda is not the place your going to spend some chilled time on the beach . False advertising . To loud but great breakfast if you put cotton wool in your ears

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Shamen6
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We booked to stay here 10 days ago in a standard room, when we got to the hotel after travelling for almost 2 days we were shown to a cupboard with a shower in it. The room had no windows and stunk of mould, when we refused to stay in the room and showed them a photo of a standard room they are advertising on the internet they said we had to pay a extra £260 for the week. The receptionist was rude and said we either pay more, stay in the box room or find somewhere else, so we did for half the price just up the road.
The hotel did look lovely with a nice pool and terrace on the beach. But be careful what you book.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My review of 01 July 2013 stands cancelled and irrelevant now. On about 12 Dec 2013 I took a trip down memory lane and re visited White Sand Beach and wanted to show my wife : Koh Chang Lagoon Resort where I enjoyed a good happy time. Believe me the place had changed beyond belief! In place of a luxuriant garden in front of my room, a relaxing green space, they have put up a monster of a swimming pool and destroyed the private peaceful ambience that prevailed in front of the room sit outs. The place is now not anything like it was and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone except those who maybe gung ho over SWIMMING POOLS right beside a delightful ocean. Now no more privacy for guests at this hotel.
Orlando.B Pune. India. 12 dec 2013.

Room Tip: I was about to rebook this hotel for another stay with my wife in Dec 2013. I am glad I did not. The...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Really liked the spacious superio double room, with a balcony overlooking the new pool. Large, comfortable beds, spacious bathroom With tub, enough room for storing clothes. Rooms are a bit worn, but have a cozy atmosphere with wooden Furniture. The rooms appear quite dark during daytime.
Very friendly staff (but i had problems understanding their English), did not see a trace of fleas or smell anything off (as mentioned in an other review). Location is excellent, right between the street and the Beach (I was not bothered by noise).
The pool is large and appealing, and situated practically right on the beach. The restaurant locaten on and by the beach serves good food, but the logistic is absent. Expect repeated questions and wrong deliveries from the waiters!
I got a very good deal in high-season, contacting the hotel via e-mail. At the price we got it`s a bargain.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The lagoon is more of a man made pond.

The rooms are tired and faded and the staff look the same.

Breakfast was ok rather than good and from what we saw of the island, most of the hotels are not really up to par.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete R
Reviewed 9 January 2014

First off, this place does not look like the images on the site/brochures, so you may miss it from the street.

They apparently had some booking issues because there were some angry folks in line who apparently had a reservation which was not showing up. They found our reservations, unfortunately.

We stayed in the new wing of the hotel. This was surprising because the room had 1970s wood panelling, a perpetually leaky something in the bathroom, a toilet that didn't flush all the way, and a really weird smell. Outside of our room was a completely different smell…that of garbage mixed with a sewer.

The staff was not very friendly at all, besides a couple smiles from the attendants cleaning the rooms. A few were actually rude.

But the icing on the cake was the fleas. YES, FLEAS. We woke up with bites everywhere, and they managed to hitch a ride along the rest of our vacation with us. We were worried they were bed bugs, but thankfully(I guess) they were just fleas.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple