“We love it”

Koh Chang Lagoon Resort
Ranked #48 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very nice hotel, good maintenance, all is clean. Good location, in the vicinity of all shops, restaurants, etc.
And what is not yet mentioned in official description of the hotel is a brand new pool, just along the beach. With a shallow water Jacuzzi portion.
The hotel is mostly occupied by Scandinavians and Swiss people. (at least when we went)
The beach is just great, clean every day morning.
You have to know that the hotel includes 3 buildings. Two are on the opposite side of the main road, and you have to cross it to go to your room. (We were in building B). It is not a big problem, but you have to accompany kids to cross the road!
Very pleasant place for couple and /or family.
Breakfast is ok along the beach, just great!
All staff do not speak English, but do we speak Thai?
Two anecdotes:
I forgot nearly 1000 euros on the bed side table, when I left…..The cleaning lady ran after us in the street to give the money back. I could not believe, but it is true!

I had some problem to open the door of our room. I ask the reception to put some oil inside the lock. One hour later, a guy from maintenance ran after me on the beach, and gave me a new key saying “we put a brand new lock on your room door, and this is your new key”

We will go back next year!

Room Tip: rooms on the pool side are better regarding view but more expensive !!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam_17002013

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My second time in this resort and it is not what it used to be. For some the change is good as the new pool is nice. If you need one right on the the beach. With the pool two of the nicest beach bungalow rooms are gone, some of the rooms on the bigger buildings 1st floor have no more beach view as the pool is higher than the balconies. Looks like they have raised the fares along with the pool. The value you get is poor. We stayed at one of the bungalow rooms. Based on my experience you have to be prepared that at least one of these are broken or not working properly: shower, aircon, toilet and bathroom sink. The interior of the room was in bad shape, mould on the bathroom ceiling, rusty fridge, broken wall panels. However we slept well as we had the room furthest away from the pool and main building. They should have used the pool money to renovate the rooms.

Location is the reason I booked this, we had less than 20 m to the beautiful beach and the resort is right in the middle of White Sand Beach, yet very quiet and peaceful.

Breakfast variety has improved a lot and it's good. But in many mornings lot of dishes run out. The beach restaurant/bar had good food and service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niko_Tampere
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was our 4th trip there but never again,what was once a nice friendly relaxing place is now like being in a children's playground.should have stayed 4weeks but only did 11days.incompetant staff ,screaming kids does not make a happy holiday.rooms not what we payed for website gives you false information.staff just told us if we don't like go somewhere else,so we did.you can get much nicer places and a lot cheaper if you look round.we ended up at Kai bae .beautiful.

Room Tip: There is a good room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glynis K
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was our second stay at Lagoon Resort. This time we were in superior room. The room was dark, but ok. The bathroom was dated and dark. The room was spacious and we liked the balcony facing the beautiful sea. There was a new pool, which was well cleaned every night but I prefered the sea for swimming. Now you can get towels for day use.
The brakfast is still very basic with instant coffee. The prices are going higher every year, so some upgrade for the rooms should be done.
Anyway we love the beach and Koh Chang.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank metteling
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed her with my girlfriend for 5 nights and initially the place seemed fine on the night .near where things were happening,pool,on the beach .sea view over the pool .we had single beds as most do on the 1st floor . We asked them to make them up as a double pushed together and no problem this was done . All at 3150 baht with breakfast . We ate at their beach restraunt and was a bit disappointed by their apathy when the seafood was not the one I choose and weighed . But another one ,real amateur performance grilling scollops etc and you pay high for the experience. We slept well though the mattress are like a park bench .on other nights the noisy neighbouring rooms can be heard through the thin walls .
The breakfast was fantastic a choice of 3or4 Thai dishes ,fruit,cereals,salads omblete cooked by the chef ,sausages eggs toast etc tea &coffee . Cannot knock this breakfast at all then the next day different people (Russians I think) screaming ,unruly kids . Loud parents and this was the case around the pool .no consideration for others . This is a package place for Eastern Europeans .
The website says private beach and I wanted to take my bed 2 meters from pool to beach and was waved away dismissively by a Thai deck chair attendant . On enquiring about the private beach advertising on her website the owner said things have changed since she had the website done 12 years ago . She was thinking of getting it changed . But the beach belonged to the deck hair man and that was that. But later saw him using the hotel facilities . So the photo you see on the web page or on Agoda is not the place your going to spend some chilled time on the beach . False advertising . To loud but great breakfast if you put cotton wool in your ears

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Shamen6
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We booked to stay here 10 days ago in a standard room, when we got to the hotel after travelling for almost 2 days we were shown to a cupboard with a shower in it. The room had no windows and stunk of mould, when we refused to stay in the room and showed them a photo of a standard room they are advertising on the internet they said we had to pay a extra £260 for the week. The receptionist was rude and said we either pay more, stay in the box room or find somewhere else, so we did for half the price just up the road.
The hotel did look lovely with a nice pool and terrace on the beach. But be careful what you book.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My review of 01 July 2013 stands cancelled and irrelevant now. On about 12 Dec 2013 I took a trip down memory lane and re visited White Sand Beach and wanted to show my wife : Koh Chang Lagoon Resort where I enjoyed a good happy time. Believe me the place had changed beyond belief! In place of a luxuriant garden in front of my room, a relaxing green space, they have put up a monster of a swimming pool and destroyed the private peaceful ambience that prevailed in front of the room sit outs. The place is now not anything like it was and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone except those who maybe gung ho over SWIMMING POOLS right beside a delightful ocean. Now no more privacy for guests at this hotel.
Orlando.B Pune. India. 12 dec 2013.

Room Tip: I was about to rebook this hotel for another stay with my wife in Dec 2013. I am glad I did not. The...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family