“nice resort”

Coconut Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed 1 October 2012

nice resort, nice bungalows, simple, other impressed by Bali style, nice pool, nice beach. Breakfast is average, Dinner menu very good, even coconut curry!
International customers, mainly from Russia!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Peter G

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights.
It was a very nice place: nice surrounding, beach side restaurant, massage and spa in front of the hotel and money xchange station and convenient store across the hotel. The room was beautiful and clean. The food was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They're very eager to help us arrange a day tour and always willing to give a hand when needed. I can say that overall experience is GREAT. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wenyuan X
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Nice surroundings,pool and the beach was great if your OK with the open sewer running into it, but that is all there is to this place.I thought it was bearable but staff cant be trusted and will rip you off if you give them the opportunity.If you do decide to stay here and need some advise i would strongly suggest you seek it somewhere else.On the outside this place looked like a great place to stay,but the reality is it was the worst experience I had in thailand.I love thai people but the staff here made my blood boil.Do not be fooled by there friendly demeanor that is just there way of getting you to let your guard down.

Room Tip: Find one at an other resort, there is plenty to choose from.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank vic r
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We went to the resort and stayed in the newer rooms close to the road. it's not ideal there because of the road, but in the rooms you hear no traffic at all. There is also a small pool infornt of the rooms, but you can hear the cars pretty well. Nevertheless, the rooms were big enough and clean with a nice balcony.
Beach villas are probably the nicest.
The beach is nice, but the chairs are like the ones in the public beaches and you can't really lie down. Same for the chairs at the main pool. I find this a very important aspect of my holidays, so I was not happy with the hotel for that reason only.
The Sabay Yen restaurant has good Thai food and evening seafood bbq.

Room Tip: Beach villas are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I would give the Coconut Beach Resort a 5 star rating. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a holiday, but it was perfect for my needs. My daughter had been before and she asked me if I would go with her this time. We were both tired, she with a lot of study and I had been very busy at work and with homelife.
We stayed in a Superior Bungalow, right on the beach, between September 26 and October 2 2011. It was the 'Green Season'. Not a lot of holiday makers about so we had the beach to ourselves most days. The restaurant next to our Bungalow was lovely, good food and pleasant staff. No, they couldn't speak very good english, but we were in Thailand after all. Their smiles and keen service more than made up for the lack of understanding. Every day our bungalow was cleaned, clean sheets, surfaces dusted and the bath towels were made into the most delightful animals. An elephant one day and some sort of sea creature the next. All the staff were very helpful and helped make our holiday the experience of a lifetime.
We wanted peace and quiet and that's exactly what we got. Choose between the beach or the little pool or go wandering up the beach and find more delightful restaurants. The breakfast, which was included in the bungalow price was fantastic. A buffet of fresh fruit and vegetables, or there was hot food if you preferred. The Chef will make you whatever type of eggs you want. My favourite was always the omelette. Yum.
Thankyou Coconut Beach Resort for the wonderful holiday and experience. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Choose a Villa or the Superior Bungalows if you can. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank LindaHelen_11
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Some of the rooms is located next to the road, make sure you do not get one of them. The beach is good but there are not enough chairs for everyone who wants one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ms_haglund
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here with two families in connecting beach villas. The stay was very pleasant and relaxed. The restaurant at the beach is very nice, both for local food as for western food. There is a nice but small pool, but our kids preferred the big waves at the beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front villa, they are nice and spacious
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family