“lucky me!”
Review of Saffron on the Sea

Saffron on the Sea
Ranked #45 of 115 Ko Chang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stumbling upon Saffron!.Not much help finding somewhere to stay on arrival by ferry.Having seen Tripadvisors recommendations took pot luck.The pot was full of gold!!.Amazing place,stunning surroundings and as for the food?-Never had better.The owner and staff worked really hard to offer superb service and make my 4 days here one of the most memorable ever.

Room Tip: B6 was great,everything working-a/c,fridge even tv (not requires in paradise!)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mikelondon48

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hard to describe this place, you need to experience it yourself.
We stayed 6 night, and we´re only ones there at that time (low season) - so it was really special, quiet and nice. Our bungalow was just by the sea, views we're great. Beach is rocky, but you can swim, water is just so clear as you can hope for. Few kayaks available for guest's - try them!

We ate at the restaurant almost everyday (sometimes 2 meals/day). Food is just wonderful, best we have had so far in Thailand. Prices are little higher, but you just can´t say no. And you don't have to leave with empty stomach! (big portions).
Owners are just great, heart and soul of this place. Rest of the staff was nothing but friendly and helpful. Cleaning worked well.
Only thing that we didin't really like was those lizards (gekkoes) in our room. Harmless (Thai's thinks they bring good luck), but... they pooped all over the place and stole our soaps! But it was mostly funny (after first night panic) :D

If you want to go shopping, dining some place else, or see the nightlife, you need to rent a scooter (Saffron scooters 150B/day) or take a cab. Pearl bay area is quiet and small, few restaurant's, nice bookshop and few bars.

Beatiful place, great staff, great food, peace and quiet - what more do you need?

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Saffron is a tiny boutique hotel with only 7 bungalow rooms and each one is beautifully decorated in traditional style with lovely extras.

The staff are lovely and the restaurant is outstanding, tiny but with incredible food (people come from all over the island to eat there).
If you are looking for a restful peaceful place with a magical atmosphere then this is for you.
The rooms are big and spacious and very private.
The only drawback is that is is on a rocky beach, we didn't mind because we ended up suing their kayaks (free) and exploring the coastline that way. We just paddles to the nearest w=swimming beach, lots of fun. The ambience of Saffron made up for it.

Room Tip: The photos on Agda do not do this place justice, it is much NICER in real life (normally the other w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. When we arrived we were shown 4 rooms and were able to choose which one to stay in. We chose an upstairs room. It wa lovely. I heard some noises the first night and went into the bathroom where saw a lizard looking at me. When I got up I discovered the handle on my suitcase has been chewed and thought it must have been the lizard. Quiet the second night but noisey again the last night. On going into the bathroom I saw a small, rodent type animal with a leaf in its mouth. It must have been building a nest and I put this down to the chewed suitcase handle!! None of this caused me any concern though. As I was about to have a massage in my room on my last day the lizard made a reappearance. The poor young lady who was doing the massage was visibly worried about this but having spoken to the hotel owner was reassured and carried on. It was quite surreal having a massage with one eye open watching the lizard walk around the walls of the room! When I left he was behind the air conditioning unit!! Everything else about the place is positive. I would stay again. The food in the restaurant is really good and people come from all over to have a meal there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annoee59
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed for over a week at saffron. Staff were really helpful and flexible to our changing needs. The rooms are lovely and they have rustic charm to them. really great spot, very peacefully but you ideally need motorbike to get around to local beaches. The food at this restaurant is a little bit more expensive but is worth it for a treat. Would definitely stay again .

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Once you open the door of their bungalows, the folded bath towel swans welcome you, but I was disappointed that there were no mirrors anywhere in the room. Also, the drain in the shower must have been clogged because I had to stand in dirty backup water while showering. It would be nice to actually fix the hole in the door instead of using duct tape over the hole and painting over it. And how about making a curtain rod with a few branches instead of using clips? The mattress was very comfortable, but the sheets had stains on the too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 365dragon
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Delicious food, served by the sea, in a jungle surrounding. This is why we like ok chang

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple