“Fabulous..i love Saigars”

The Grand Tree Resort
Ranked #37 of 107 Ko Chang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I stayed in Saigars in April and I had a wonderful time. I hadnt been on holiday for five years and am now addicted and desperately want to get back. The owners Gary and Sai can not do enough for you, the place attracts a great mix of people and a great atmosphere. There is a swimming pool, bar, and great music, plus Sai cooks the best green curry on the island. You really don't have to go anywhere else but the beautiful beaches of chai chet and white sands. My bungalow was super-cute luxury with aircon and fan but i tended to just use the fan. It was cleaned everyday with new towels. As a tourist, rather than a traveller, I only had a week to spend so I feel so lucky that I stayed at Saigars and shared all the fun of songkran...i miss you all x x

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Grand Tree Resort

Reviewed 13 May 2010

We were staying at Saigars almost 3 weeks in April 2010 and it was a awsome time. Owners are very friendly and openhearted people. Service was great, we had a boat trip, nice days playing volleyball and we went to see football games. It was very good service to take us all these nice places, dining at beach etc. This is simply the best place i´ve saty in Asia and trust i´ve tested quite many. I´m sure i´m going back one beutiful day. This place has a good spirit and it makes you really feel like home. Thanks mate :)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Stayed here for 10 days and had a brilliant time!!
We stayed in a fan room which was a little small but good enough size for the amount of time spent in the room not it does have a fridge and a TV! The room was cleaned everyday with sheets and towels changed every 2 days!
Gary is a great host and very welcoming, the perfect barman, and with his wife Sai, who makes the best food, Thai or western, make the perfect stay for your holiday.
Would definitely stay again and would certainly reccommend!!

1  Thank clairehardman
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Saigars Bungalows Complex was all I hoped it would be. I stayed there for two weeks last year travelling with a friend who had never been abroard before. The complex was recomended to us by a friend and true to his word it was all he said it would be. A family run business with very helpfull and friendly staff, Situated close to both the nightlife and wonderfull beaches, saigars was a perfest location from which to explore Koh Chang. Staff were avaliable pretty much 24 hours a day to attend to any requirements, not that any were needed.. with fully stocked fridges in the bungalows, tv's, air con and rooms cleaned daily all we had to do was enjoy our holiday. The bar and swimming pool area was wonderfull too, food served all day and the bar open as long as u could still stand.The owners Gary and his wife Si were very hospitable with great knowledge of the island, always avaliable for advice and can provide extra services such as,moped rental and dry cleaning. Over all a great holiday. Hello to all at Saigars if u read this. As soon as i have the time off work i will come visit again : ) Odie.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank OdieSouthampton
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Before i get started on my review of this hotel i would just like to say that i have been to Thailand and various other parts of South East Asia travelling several times and think that this area of the world is beautiful and please dont be put off Ko chang by this review as this is a beautiful island with many genuinly nice people. In traveeling to these various places i have never felt the need to write a bad review about a hotel before in my life, no matter how little i have paid for the hotel!

There are very few good points about this hotel and i think the main feature would have to be the swimming pool and the bar along with it being situated on a beautiful thai island! Now for the reaons i have given this hotel a terrible review!
1. No menus for choosing breakfast although we booked bed and breakfast and no staff one morning when we went down for breakfast so we ended up with no breakfast. Plus half of the things that you asked for they didnt have.
2. The rooms are very small and the sheets on the bed were stained and not changed regularly
3. The owner Gary asked me if i would leave my key when going out which was not a problem, but on returning one evening around 10pm there was no one to be seen at the open bar and my room key had been left on the bar for anyone to pick up. For some reason he felt this was exceptable!
4. No toilet roll even though we informed the owners in the morning and by the next morning we still had no toilet roll.

As you can see from my brief description of my stay this is not a place you want to stay in. The rooms are over priced compared to many places in Ko Chang and are well below standard. I seriously would not believe the good and excellent reviews on this hotel as they are an absolute joke!

The final point that i would like to add is when leaving this hotel because of the many incidents listed above (the key issue being the main one) Gary tryed charging me for the full amount which i refused to pay and told him i would only pay for the nights i had stayed. He agreed to this as long as i didnt write a bad review on trip advisor. I think this sums my reivew up nicely and shows that blackmail doesnt always pay off!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank stacego
Reviewed 26 March 2010

This was the fifth accommodation we stayed in on Koh Chang, if it had been our first we would not have traveled anywhere else on our months trip. The room was clean and comfortable and cleaned daily, it had satellite T.V , fridge, hot water running shower in good size private bathroom and balcony enabling you to listen to all the sounds of the jungle at night. There is a good sized swimming pool which is maintained on a daily basis. There is a friendly bar with a great bloke called Gary who serves all day ,Gary has over 300gb of music of all sorts so there is something of enjoyment for everybody he also has an nintendo wii set up on his T.V for customers to play and challenge him. His wife Sai will cook any type of food you require from Thai to Western and the food is fantastic due to her superb cooking skills. The atmosphere of Saigars bungalows is amazing and relaxed the family Gary,Sai and Charlie will try and help you in anyway to help make your trip one not to forget. I would highly recommend Saigars, we are already planning our next trip, see you all very soon, don't forget to say hello to all the volleyball team and Tyson the Sealdog.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank foreveragunner
Reviewed 19 March 2010

I was travelling whit my friend, we have travelled like 20 hours from lao, so at last we were on a boat to Koh Chang and tired as hell..We didin`t have any place for the night and it was raining a lot i mean a lot , so we think we go to white sands and get some place to stay there. But there was a man who says `hey guys! im Gary, r u looking place to stay? yes we r, you got some offers to us? yeah i got like ten bungalows near white sands,there is little gym a nice pool and bar, and it cost 500 baht for a night. So it sounds good for us,so how do we get there? Gary says i got a car on the boat, so get in and ill drive you there, so you can look the place and say how do you feel about it..Then we were on a land and waiting Gary to get us, i was asking how long its gonna rain? Gary says something like 5 min, and it stops in 5min :)..So we get to the SAIGARS, it was lookin very nice and calm, gary show us the rooms and they were nice and just perfect for us, warm shower, nice bed, tv and fridge. So it was our place totally!. We sayd that we gonna stay there first few nights and checkout places and what happens the. So the service, food, people was so grate that we stayd there two weeks.We played nintendo wee, poker, watch the movies, feeling good music!!life was awesome! thanks for SAIGARS for that! and going back totally!! I recommend for everyone who like chilling and very nice atmosphere. its good for familys also! and Gary can get you anything you want surfing, bikes, diving anything i say!....

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple